5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

12" Uconnect Feature update wish list.

BMANN06

Reaction score
Hey Guys, this 12" screen is definitely something else in a truck. I've had mine for about a month now and figured I'd create a post on feature enhancement wish list.

1. Have the front and rear cameras record to hard drive - to record all the idiots around me. Kinda like a built in dash cam.
2. If the truck is smart enough to detect I have a trailer on the ball ... for god sakes disable the rear alarming sensors. Every time i go to back up a trailer the dam thing jams on the brakes automatically. (I just always forget to disable it).
3. Bring back the active favourites list for XM songs.

You guys got any ideas?

reb0957

Reaction score
1. Be able to block SiriusXM channels I don't like. ( How can a 2016 have it but not a 19?)
2. Be able to voice text when only on BT. Yes, I have the Guardian sub.
3. Be able to block certain USB ports from feeding into head unit. (make the charge only as option)
4. Having WAZE or google maps turn up in instrument cluster

2019 PB

Reaction score
Release software update to make online navigation search work as designed.

Rich734

Reaction score
Since these trucks are designed to tow, and sometimes pull large trailers, add a navigation feature to define max height, length, and weight to avoid those areas not compatible with current rig.

Free map updates over sirius or the internet; other GPS units have free updates for life; why can't our vehicles?

Rich734

Reaction score
I use the SYGIC trucker/RV app to keep me out of the "Low Places" that can take the top off an RV

I bought the Overdryve 7RV stand along GPS a couple of months ago to get used to it knowing that the built-in maps for most (if not all) cars and trucks are pretty much worthless when it comes to map updates. Plus there will probably be many places I'll end up with no cell service so relying on an internet-based app seems rather problematic. Still, I really like the way the 12" Uconnect screen looks in the truck!

derp

Reaction score
system reboot (not settings reset) key sequence or screen option.

Apexcars

Reaction score
I agree with the active favorites from the old system, or at least be able to get rid of the beep every time a favorite comes on
Correct start times for games. Mine all show wrong by 1 hour even though it states correct time zone.
Split screen surround view and back up camera with one view being top half and one bottom half.
Name of artist and song playing in the media favorites view.

Dirtfreak

Reaction score
1. Be able to block SiriusXM channels I don't like. ( How can a 2016 have it but not a 19?)
2. Be able to voice text when only on BT. Yes, I have the Guardian sub.
3. Be able to block certain USB ports from feeding into head unit. (make the charge only as option)
4. Having WAZE or google maps turn up in instrument cluster
I think everone just wishes that it would operate the way it is supposed to without any issues or glitches.

CourtOfDreams

Reaction score
Have the screen really turn off if you want when sitting in your truck listening to music. I know there is an off button but the screen is still back lit. Still hella bright at night.

Maybe like hold the button down to really turn it “off”

AtlasRam1500

Reaction score
Question on the split screen with nav map it always default to favorite can you change this to default to map. also when the sirius radio is on does the present icon does it suppose to the logo presents picture like in full screen? Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_2845.JPG
    IMG_2845.JPG
    104.9 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_2844.JPG
    IMG_2844.JPG
    114.3 KB · Views: 57

Timeless

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm assuming working as designed but I wish the Sirius/XM commercials would not pause when I hit the mute button.

I don't use Sirius/XM but it came with one year free so I tried it again the other day. After it paused the commercials when I hit the mute button I turned it away from that garbage again. Blah.

Rebel Soul

Reaction score
I am going to be lifetime member with Uconnect app but only with 2 conditions!!

1-Add back vehicle health report on 12“ screen, as they said before you buy the truck !!!
2- Ability to close all the windows Including the sunroof !! ( Just in case on rainy day)

But,I don’t think those 2 things to happen on coming years, as they aren’t able those 2 years to fix ALL those:
Uconnect/SiriusXm/Guardian/Ram/Hk/...... problems ...so I don’t have to worry when my app trial ends ....maybe I’ll installed again around on Ram 2025 !!

Narg

Reaction score
A good old 16 GB micro SD flash chip could record all the camera info you'd need in any situation. Of course, they make much larger versions too. Too bad they don't include that in any car/truck I've seen yet in the US. Overseas you can find these, just not here in the US.

Users who are viewing this thread