5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

12" Uconnect Feature update wish list.

Narg

Reaction score
Wireless Carplay/Android Auto (Dont know if that is a chipset issue or software)
I believe it's a licensing issue with Carplay, likely an expensive license. Not sure about Android Auto, does android even do that yet?

hifiaudio2

Reaction score
Y
I believe it's a licensing issue with Carplay, likely an expensive license. Not sure about Android Auto, does android even do that yet?
Yep Android does it. Not sure if any Oems yet, but multiple aftermarket head units.

My1stHemi

Reaction score
I think the traffic, weather forecast and radar maps are a neat idea but on my screen they are painfully slow to load. Literally minutes.

I would love to have a free app like accuweather on my screen rather than a crappy and someday after the free trial, costly SiriusXM interface.

hifiaudio2

Reaction score
We have this thread going, but does anyone know if FCA actually looks to add significant changes or features to the Uconect system over its life? Are those dealer performed only upgrades, if so?

reb0957

Reaction score
I doubt it....at the end of the day the people in these forums are the minority of ram owners. The majority just takes what they get

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Cravenfan

Reaction score
Ok, here's my running list of items that I'd like to see, although I'll preface it by saying this is WAY better than anything the competition has in its current state. Some of these have been repeated above, but figured I'd just keep and edit this as I think of items.
  • Full screen carplay would be nice.
    • Seems weird that I can keep Waze running in the background while I'm looking at my full screen map, but I can't put the Nav in the bottom screen while running Waze? (Please don't change the ability to run in the background, because when I hear, "police reported ahead" I slow this beast down to somewhere near the speed limit.
  • It would be nice to have a "favorite" bottom panel to come up each time.
  • If you have music playing on the bottom panel and shift the top panel to Nav, it askes, "where are you going" or something, then you have to swipe to get the Nav screen to show the map. It should be the other way around, IMO.
  • If you have the weather card on the bottom, you should have the option to see the storm page and graphics.
    • As stated above, the storm/radar view is painfully slow. It should load within 5-10 seconds and be able to, "play" just like on your phone so you can see the direction of the storm, if you are in a pocket of good weather, how fast it is moving, etc.
  • Agree with the ability to block SiriusXM channels, but the ability to have 12x5 favorites saved works fine for me.
  • Would be nice to have the 7" screen provide gallons of gas used on the trip A & B.
  • Would be nice to see Carplay in the 7" screen behind the steering wheel.
  • Please get rid of the huge antenna graphic on the 7" screen behind the steering wheel, it takes up a bunch of space you could use for channel or artist, or song info.
    • Same with the Carplay, "C," etc.
  • The sports alert feature never seemed to work for me, I followed the directions, saved it in the driver 1 setting, etc. Would be nice to have.
  • In my GMC, I could pause SiriusXM and then there was a forward button that would skip to the next commercial, skip, skip, skip and I'm back to live action. I have not mastered doing this, if available on the Ram.
  • I need to load some pictures, but on the top of the UConnect 12" screen, you can press the artist/input portion and get to the radio to come up.
    • But, you can't press the seat, or steering wheel icons on the top left and change the settings, on/off, etc.? If it shows up on the screen, you should be able to press it and turn it down, off, etc.
  • More will come to me, I'll edit this as I spend more time with it.
Overall, great system, a few tweaks could be had. Feel free to reach out for me to beta test items, if you need folks to do so. 3DA5FE94-EFFC-45A6-8DE5-3050130754EC.jpeg 795C18E6-9904-45D7-AA31-DC2E5598B3ED.jpeg

Last edited:

reb0957

Reaction score
I just wish it worked right. For whatever reason anytime my phone is plugged in and using AA the radio across all bands is super laggy. Really sad it is like they are in beta and we are the guinea pigs.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread