5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

0% Financing

Yankee Echo

Reaction score
I know it doesn't help you, but for someone else reading this thread, I wonder if you can demand that they show you the denial.
The letter lists the 4 factors. Other than explaining what they mean (which I attempted to do) what else are you expecting?

I'm not clear if it was an outright denial of credit or just not approved for the best available rate. OP seems to mention both.

Yankee Echo

Reaction score
Info was filled out at the dealer and they submitted it.
Interesting... Wonder if you would have gotten a different result filling out the credit app directly thru Chrysler Financial?

Maybe you're a cautionary tale for others.

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Interesting... Wonder if you would have gotten a different result filling out the credit app directly thru Chrysler Financial?

I’m pretty sure the dealer had something to do with it. As others have said, they probably just use that zero APR to get people in the door and then during the buying process, tell them that they don’t qualify for it, because most people at that point aren’t gonna just walk out of the deal. I’m considering filling out the application directly through Chrysler when my 22 arrives at the dealer and see what the result of that will be.

U

User_3336

I filled out the pre-app on the Chrysler Capital website. That way I knew there would be NO issues at the dealer, and I would know if I was going to get the CCAP rebates.

If approved on the CCAP website, it will give you an approval (if you're approved), and a spending limit. I think mine was $48,000, and it will print an APPLICATION ID/REFERENCE NUMBER on the pre=approval.

Make sure you bring this pre=approval letter to the dealer and INSIST they submit it ALONG WITH with the credit app you fill out at the dealer. (check to see if the finance manager still has it with your dealer completed app) Yes, unfortunately, there has to be an app completed at the dealer to send for initial "deal approval".

Last edited by a moderator:
U

User_3336

I’m pretty sure the dealer had something to do with it. As others have said, they probably just use that zero APR to get people in the door and then during the buying process, tell them that they don’t qualify for it, because most people at that point aren’t gonna just walk out of the deal. I’m considering filling out the application directly through Chrysler when my 22 arrives at the dealer and see what the result of that will be.
CCAP is going to pull your credit anyway. Doing a pre-qualify certainly won't hurt anything. You'll have a better idea of what you qualify for. Like I said in a previous post, if you get approved online thru CCAP, take the pre-approval letter with you to the dealer.

MO Rebel

Reaction score
Info was filled out at the dealer and they submitted it.
For the record, I did fill mine out online at the request of my sales lady once the WS had been issued, but before the truck had arrived at the dealer. This is the email exchange. She seemed to almost indicate I would be approved before I even submitted the application. I think it really just comes down to the dealer. This was all done on the same day 4/2.

B1AE700D-5FA5-42E0-BF7C-71AFFEDD2F56.png

0297AFC3-33D2-4FD9-B222-1E926AEE7A43.png

7524F338-73B4-4767-A71D-48788F5D8CED.png

U

User_3336

For the record, I did fill mine out online at the request of my sales lady once the WS had been issued, but before the truck had arrived at the dealer. This is the email exchange. She seemed to almost indicate I would be approved before I even submitted the application. I think it really just comes down to the dealer. This was all done on the same day 4/2.
Based off your credit information the dealer pulled, they already knew your credit score, and felt with high confidence you'd be approved, BUT, CCAP gives the final approval and funds the deal. Until your deal if fully funded, your transaction was conditional.

swing4terps

Reaction score
I know not the point of this thread but saw at least a couple people say they pay their credit card off everyday. That’s crazy.

Why? There’s no benefit. CC companies only report your statement balance to credit agencies. As long as you pay off full balance on your due date, you’re good. Maybe an exception if a large purchase posts between due date and statement closing, but in those rare cases you can just make an extra payment.

U

User_3336

I know not the point of this thread but saw at least a couple people say they pay their credit card off everyday. That’s crazy.

Why? There’s no benefit. CC companies only report your statement balance to credit agencies. As long as you pay off full balance on your due date, you’re good. Maybe an exception if a large purchase posts between due date and statement closing, but in those rare cases you can just make an extra payment.
In the case of a vehicle purchase the only reason to pay the loan off early would be to avoid interest charges.
If you had they money to pay off the loan, take the CCAP rebates, for example (was $1500 here), then pay it off...Didn't cost me more than $60.

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Keep in this in mind when dealing with the finance office: no one can take advantage of you without your permission.

(I’m saying this as someone, when I was younger and less informed, who gave the finance office permission to take advantage of me).

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score

It's just a habit. I Have always done that.

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score

not sure I really like the idea of not knowing what my interest rate will be. I would rather know before hand, that way I can check the rate of my credit union, if its lower, I would use them. Although it is nice to know what my pre-approval amount is.

MO Rebel

Reaction score
not sure I really like the idea of not knowing what my interest rate will be. I would rather know before hand, that way I can check the rate of my credit union, if its lower, I would use them. Although it is nice to know what my pre-approval amount is.
Actually, unless they know the specific price of the truck, I’m not sure why you’d want to be pre-approved for a specific amount. In my case, I was able to finance the entire purchase price of the truck plus the Mopar MaxCare with absolutely nothing down.

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Actually, unless they know the specific price of the truck, I’m not sure why you’d want to be pre-approved for a specific amount. In my case, I was able to finance the entire purchase price of the truck plus the Mopar MaxCare with absolutely nothing down.
that is what I am wondering. I have never heard anyone going to the dealer and only get approved for a certain amount while trying to finance a vehicle. But I know pre-approvals are different.

U

User_3336

CCAP just approves you for a MAX amount based off your credit. I didn't select a vehicle.
Did you see the screen shot I posted?

U

User_3336

that is what I am wondering. I have never heard anyone going to the dealer and only get approved for a certain amount while trying to finance a vehicle. But I know pre-approvals are different.
Pre-approvals generally give you a MAX AMOUNT that you would be approved for.

If I had went for a 60K Ram, then they might have to revaluate my pre-approval and make a new decision which might include down payment, interest rate, or term.

BNJMN

Reaction score
In March my Laramie crew 6'4" qualified for 0 percent Was worth it considering over 70k, no money down. Think I gave up a $1000 incentive.

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Don't need everyday. If you pay in full ( remaining statement balance, excluding new charges ) you won't pay interest, but the new balance will report.

So if you charged $376, bill is $376 but between statement cut and due date you've charged another $212, by paying the 376, you won't pay interest on the 212. But $212 will be reported as the current balance.

Credit cards are voodoo for score. generally you want them all reporting a 0 balance, but you want one to have a very low balance on occasion. The ratio of usage to limits also plays into the score, both overall and per line.

The most important thing is be predictable. doing things out of the ordinary are what knock you. If you constantly do X, you end up in the "X" bucket and your score follows the x bucket rules. If you do Y, it can knock you. Even if Y is suddenly pay off a balance. its not normal for you.

Whole system is BS.

Users who are viewing this thread