5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MLB12

Reaction score
Yes! I ordered a Tungsten through Mark Dodge and I just received my build confirmation email today! I'm super stoked!!

I ordered my '25 Longhorn Limited on January 25th and I'm still seeing it in C Status so no VIN or schedule as yet. I went the Longhorn route simply because I wasn't that keen on the light coloured interior, so just a personal preference.

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I ordered my '25 Longhorn Limited on January 25th and I'm still seeing it in C Status so no VIN or schedule as yet. I went the Longhorn route simply because I wasn't that keen on the light coloured interior, so just a personal preference.
As far as I know no one has a VIN yet for an HO truck (Not sure about custom orders for the SO).

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
So far everything that I have been able to get my hands on shows the I6, and specifically the HO version to be a fairly good powertrain, the only downside to the HO is when identically equipped with a like vehicle, except with the SO, the SO has a higher towing and load carrying capacity. Also, Mother MOPAR is saying that in order to get the full outputs of 540/521 on the HO you should be running 91 Octane.
I guess you gotta pay to play. Every Audi I've owned has called for 91 octane, so I'm used to those prices. But it will hurt more in a truck that gets about half the fuel economy with a tank that's twice the size LOL.

Pikeman_66

Reaction score
So does anyone have any actual useful information, such as the build dates for the HO models?
the absolute last I heard was they were to start production 3-5-24. and it has been silent ever since. it seems that is the million-dollar question right now as we are all waiting on our ordered HO models.

pensfan

Reaction score
The chrome is what they had, but I lik.ed them a whole lot more than the cheap looking black ones, people seem to like these days. The truck I ordered has aluminum, which I prefer. However, like I said earlier, I had a few with the chrome, and they held up great. My brother-in-law, however, got painted wheels, and had to have 3 repainted so far, in 2 years. He doesn't drive very good.:ROFLMAO:
If I were to buy a '25 Ram, and that is a big if, it would be a black Laramie Sport. I would have the chrome badges and letters replaced by the black version. Those big billboard sized letters on the tailgate need to be muted. I would also get the black Mopar aftermarket sidesteps, since Ram in their infinite wisdom forces you into the brushed aluminum wheel to wheel steps. The wheels on the Laramie are mostly black with machined edges., just enough bright work to offset all the black. I really dislike chrome anything.
To get the Night Edition on the Laramie you have to add the Level 2 package and then the Night is another 3300. I don't want 22" wheels nor all of the stuff in the Level 2 pak.
It's a shame Ram doesn't just offer a black package as a stand alone option without all the added items. The black package on the Ford F150 Lariat is only about 1K, a lot less than the 3300 Night version.
This picture shows the Laramie wheels.

Attachments

• IMG_1141.png
    IMG_1141.png
    536.5 KB · Views: 32

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Just saw an article in Hot Rod about an Alabama dealership that's offering to put a Roush supercharger on a 5.0 Coyote (705 HP) equipped 2-door 2WD base F150 with a price of $46k. It will have a full 3/36 B to B warranty as well as a 3/36 powertrain warranty. If you want this powertrain in a higher trim level, no problem. It will add $9500 to the price of whichever trim level you want. The catch is that it's only one dealership that's doing this. And demand is so high they stopped taking orders. I'm wondering if more dealerships might pick up on this. Meanwhwile, Ram is taking away a V8 option for the 1500 lineup, including the Hellcat equipped TRX. European executives just don't understand what most Americans are looking for in a truck. If I was shopping for a new truck I'd seriously consider putting my name on that dealership's waiting list.

CalvinC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just saw an article in Hot Rod about an Alabama dealership that's offering to put a Roush supercharger on a 5.0 Coyote (705 HP) equipped 2-door 2WD base F150 with a price of $46k. It will have a full 3/36 B to B warranty as well as a 3/36 powertrain warranty. If you want this powertrain in a higher trim level, no problem. It will add $9500 to the price of whichever trim level you want. The catch is that it's only one dealership that's doing this. And demand is so high they stopped taking orders. I'm wondering if more dealerships might pick up on this. Meanwhwile, Ram is taking away a V8 option for the 1500 lineup, including the Hellcat equipped TRX. European executives just don't understand what most Americans are looking for in a truck. If I was shopping for a new truck I'd seriously consider putting my name on that dealership's waiting list.

Literally any ford dealership will do this, don’t worry about their FUD. The warranty is through Roush.

Then there is theFord Performance supercharger package which is based around a Whipple supercharger and has an actual Ford manufacturer’s warranty so long as it’s installed by a ford dealer.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score

I mean I would buy that for $47k.
Could spend 10k and pimp it out with any features missing I bet.

Literally any ford dealership will do this, don’t worry about their FUD. The warranty is through Roush.

Then there is theFord Performance supercharger package which is based around a Whipple supercharger and has an actual Ford manufacturer’s warranty so long as it’s installed by a ford dealer.
You say the warranty is through Rouch, but Rouch would not pay a 1$ for labor.
If the dealership is covering it that's all that matters and it means they are confident enough to be able to install it properly and service it else they wouldn't do it.
Around here good luck getting the right oil in your truck for a regular oil change let alone anything else.
Ram can't even handle getting rear glass that doesn't leak and you think a dealership is going to own a supercharger warranty?

Ram will not supercharge my 5.7 and cover it under a 3 year warranty.
Hell I wanted to get the Hellcat engine or a 6.4L in my 1500 and it wasn't allowed. I would of paid $10k extra for it easy.
Last time I looked Mopar doesn't even cover performance parts under their OEM warranty if you read the fine print.

Nascar Tommy

My other Ram is a Dodge.
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I would go on the Jeep Wagoneer forums and see if they are talking about any issues.

The 2025 is a pretty mild refresh to be honest, no sheet metal changes at all, just bolt on parts like the headlights, grill and bumpers. The interior includes a slightly larger center screen and an optional passenger screen.

The big change is the switch to the Hurricane, unless you spend at least 78,000 MSRP on a higher trim, you can forget about the High Output version. Which leaves only the SO version, while making a bit more power, actually has reduced payload and tow ratings while only have 1 mpg higher rating. As the owner of previous turbo engines, I can tell you that ratings is probably going to be a lot lower in the real world when compared to a NA motor.

I wouldn't mind the Hurricane if it has some personality, waiting to see the production version and take a test drive. I'm sure there will be some left over 2024s or even 2023s by the time the 2025 is available since the 2025 production begins in February I think?
So they have been using this hurricane engine in the Wagoneer?
Do you know how long?

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
So they have been using this hurricane engine in the Wagoneer?
Do you know how long?

I think since the beginning, 2022 model year, both in the Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer. First available with 3 engine options, the Hurricane, 5.7L and 6.4L. However, since 2024 model year, the Hurricane S.O & H.O. are the only options, no more V8s just as the RAM and Charger will experience in 2025.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score

The wording in the link I attached didn't differentiate between Ford or Roush as far as the warranty goes.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
The wording in the link I attached didn't differentiate between Ford or Roush as far as the warranty goes.
I read it and it does.
It says for everything you go to Ford except the supercharge you need to go to a roush certified dealership.

This means Ford can still void your warranty for getting that installed if they really wanted to and make you bring it to the selling dealership to do the repairs under their warranty.
This looks no different then if a shade tree mechanic installed the supercharger for you except hoping this dealership knows wtf they are doing.
Still a nice option to have at least, would be nice if backed by Ford though.

Q: What is the warranty on the vehicle?
A: This truck will have a 3 year / 36,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty. It also has a 3 year / 36,000 mile powertrain warranty.

Q: I live pretty far away from you. What happens if I need to get this vehicle serviced close to me? Can my local dealer make repairs?
A: Yes! If you have an issue with something unrelated to the supercharger you can take it to any Ford Dealership for repairs. As an example, if your radio goes out, that obviously has nothing to do with the Supercharger and you can take it to any Ford Dealership for repairs. If you experience any issues with the Supercharger (which is VERY RARE), you can take it to one of HUNDREDS of Roush Certified Dealers across the United States.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I read it and it does.
It says for everything you go to Ford except the supercharge you need to go to a roush certified dealership.

This means Ford can still void your warranty for getting that installed if they really wanted to and make you bring it to the selling dealership to do the repairs under their warranty.
This looks no different then if a shade tree mechanic installed the supercharger for you except hoping this dealership knows wtf they are doing.
Still a nice option to have at least, would be nice if backed by Ford though.

Q: What is the warranty on the vehicle?
A: This truck will have a 3 year / 36,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty. It also has a 3 year / 36,000 mile powertrain warranty.

Q: I live pretty far away from you. What happens if I need to get this vehicle serviced close to me? Can my local dealer make repairs?
A: Yes! If you have an issue with something unrelated to the supercharger you can take it to any Ford Dealership for repairs. As an example, if your radio goes out, that obviously has nothing to do with the Supercharger and you can take it to any Ford Dealership for repairs. If you experience any issues with the Supercharger (which is VERY RARE), you can take it to one of HUNDREDS of Roush Certified Dealers across the United States.
Looks like the closest Roush dealer to me is about two hours away. I agree, would be nice if Ford backed that as well. Not that We'll be replacing our 2020 Limited anytime soon anyway. I just thought it was an interesting option for people who might want something like that. And another argument that Ram (Stellantis) might be going the wrong direction in getting rid of their V8 options.

6of36

Reaction score
I drove a Grand Wagoneer, with the HO Hurricane yesterday. My daughter got one as a loaner. Terrible turbo lag. It takes off like any other 6, until about 25 MPH. Then it's a rocket! Towing capacity sucks too. Only 5,600 LBS. For a Vehicle larger than a Suburban, I would expect better. I'm glad I got the Hemi, before it ended.

Phoon

Reaction score
I drove a Grand Wagoneer, with the HO Hurricane yesterday. My daughter got one as a loaner. Terrible turbo lag. It takes off like any other 6, until about 25 MPH. Then it's a rocket! Towing capacity sucks too. Only 5,600 LBS. For a Vehicle larger than a Suburban, I would expect better. I'm glad I got the Hemi, before it ended.
They tow more than a suburban, as per jeep website.

Best-in-Class Maximum Towing Up To 9,850 Pounds​

Grand Wagoneer features the kind of utility that makes light work of heavy loads. Take your toys to your next destination with an available Best-in-Class maximum towing capacity( Disclosure1) of up to 9,850 pounds.

6of36

Reaction score
They tow more than a suburban, as per jeep website.

Best-in-Class Maximum Towing Up To 9,850 Pounds​

Grand Wagoneer features the kind of utility that makes light work of heavy loads. Take your toys to your next destination with an available Best-in-Class maximum towing capacity( Disclosure1) of up to 9,850 pounds.
I don't know where you found that, because the number I found was right off the build and price, when you chose compare models. The regular Wagoneer had I think 100 LBS less. I checked it out, when my buddy said they weren't very big. I looked at all the numbers, and that is what was listed. I could only save as a PDF. For some reason, I couldn't screen shot. Right off Jeep's site 5,620 towing.

Attachments

• jeep.pdf
    138.3 KB · Views: 9

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Now I'm gonna have to look up and see what "Disclosure1" is.

ChrisID

Reaction score
Ive NEVER liked or wanted a white truck until I saw an Ivory White Longhorn. There is something about the Ivory White that is just perfect.
Me either but I bought my first '20 Ram off the lot, and it just had to get close to what I wanted which was the 6-4 bed and v8-only. Color didn't matter, but I was like 'ohhh boy, white..........' But then I noticed this white was different with a lot of 'sparkle' is it called? I later learned I had the optional Ivory white, and it grew on me enough to order my '21 with it which is that picture.

Users who are viewing this thread