5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Nothing I've ever had trouble with as I don't do chrome wheels. But know several that have.
The chrome is what they had, but I liked them a whole lot more than the cheap looking black ones, people seem to like these days. The truck I ordered has aluminum, which I prefer. However, like I said earlier, I had a few with the chrome, and they held up great. My brother-in-law, however, got painted wheels, and had to have 3 repainted so far, in 2 years. He doesn't drive very good.:ROFLMAO:

Pikeman_66

Reaction score
I'm Gen Y and prefer a mix. For example, I liked the limited without night edition but with the body colored bumper. I think the 2025 Tungsten is the perfect mix of chrome.
On The tungsten the only thing I didn’t like was the light colored interior. I am a black interior guy. I don’t even like 2 tone interiors of any color. I could have lived with tungsten with the painted bumpers because I thought the one peace front balance brought it all together with clean lines. But the interior color I couldn’t live with.

MT755

Reaction score
Why are certain people obsessed with putting down people with different views than themselves. There is no right and wrong when it comes many subjects. I don't get it. My parents taught me better.

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I drove a Wagoneer today and I‘ll be honest the interior was not for me but I loved the engine and how it drove. It had some serious quickness to it for a large SUV. I think it has the SO engine. I can’t wait to see what the HO feels like in the Ram Trucks. I know it might sound like a mouse fart but the experience was great. I can’t wait. Still haven’t heard any news on my Limited. Dealer hasn’t heard anything, quiet as a church mouse lately.

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I drove a Wagoneer today and I‘ll be honest the interior was not for me but I loved the engine and how it drove. It had some serious quickness to it for a large SUV. I think it has the SO engine. I can’t wait to see what the HO feels like in the Ram Trucks. I know it might sound like a mouse fart but the experience was great. I can’t wait. Still haven’t heard any news on my Limited. Dealer hasn’t heard anything, quiet as a church mouse lately.
If it was a Wagoneer, it was the SO. If it was a Grand Wagoneer, it was the HO.

Earlier Wagoneers had the 5.7 as an option and Grand Wagoneers had the 6.4 (from the SRT Charger/Challenger/Durango/Jeep GC) as an option. But now they are no more in the Wagoneers.

I keep trying to talk the wife into a Wagoneer when it comes time to replace her '18 Jeep GC. She wants a bit more towing capability for an upcoming waste of resources... I mean, horses. :)

Rebond

Reaction score
It may be a sleeper, but it looks like a work truck. Especially with the cheap looking black wheels.
Must be why all my contractor friends and clients like it then. I wondered why I get so many compliments on it.

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If it was a Wagoneer, it was the SO. If it was a Grand Wagoneer, it was the HO.

Earlier Wagoneers had the 5.7 as an option and Grand Wagoneers had the 6.4 (from the SRT Charger/Challenger/Durango/Jeep GC) as an option. But now they are no more in the Wagoneers.

I keep trying to talk the wife into a Wagoneer when it comes time to replace her '18 Jeep GC. She wants a bit more towing capability for an upcoming waste of resources... I mean, horses. :)
The dealer by me is taking like 7 grand off the grand wagoneers and about 4-6 off the Wagoneers since they can't move them. They've had the same Series III for like 4 months and its just sitting there. Its tempting....
The dealer told me that if you take a Wagoneer in to get services they have to give you a Wagoneer to drive as a loaner which I thought was interesting. Anyway...back to talking about Chrome bumpers on trucks...and badazzled drive shifters..... :cool:

lonepeak

Reaction score
Hope were talking about Limited and Tungsten shipments soon. Would expect something next ten days, maybe???

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
The dealer told me that if you take a Wagoneer in to get services they have to give you a Wagoneer to drive as a loaner which I thought was interesting.
That's likely a dealership policy. Jeep doesn't dictate loaner policy to its dealerships. Unless you're talking about the Jeep Wave program, which provides free rental vehicles. But even that doesn't say it has to be the same type of vehicle.

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That's likely a dealership policy. Jeep doesn't dictate loaner policy to its dealerships. Unless you're talking about the Jeep Wave program, which provides free rental vehicles. But even that doesn't say it has to be the same type of vehicle.
They said it was very specific to the wagoneer program and not dealer specific.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
They said it was very specific to the wagoneer program and not dealer specific.
Any specific program your dealership joined is by definition dealership specific. I can't see a CDJR dealership being forced by Jeep to have special loaner vehicles available for Wagoneer owners. I know my local CDJR dealership doesn't have those. Does Jeep supply those vehicles to all dealerships that sell Wagoneers?

Last edited:

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry, not buying that. I can't see a CDJR dealership being forced by Jeep to have special loaner vehicles available for Wagoneer owners. I know my local CDJR dealership doesn't have those. Does Jeep supply those vehicles to all dealerships that sell Wagoneers?
Well the lady said it. Could be a lie as it’s not the first time a car sales person threw out a line of crap to try to sell something.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Well the lady said it. Could be a lie as it’s not the first time a car sales person threw out a line of crap to try to sell something.
Sorry, coffee hasn't kicked in yet and I'm a bit irritable this morning. I edited my response after a quick search. Looks like there is a dealership program which it sounds like yours might be a part of. Certified Wagoneer dealerships do have specific loaner agreements, but the web site doesn't specify that the loaner vehicle will be another Wagoneer. But this program is not mandatory for all dealerships.

CalvinC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Jeep is trying to spin up a new dedicated luxury brand. You’ll notice it doesn’t say Jeep anywhere on a Wagoneer itself nor its marketing materials.

Anyway, like most luxury brands the dealer experience is a huge consideration.

Especially at dealers that must run “mixed”, like a Hyundai/Genesis dealership. If you bring in your $75k G80 for service, giving you an Elantra for a loaner is a bad look.

Like Genesis, I suspect Stellantis will spin Wagoneer into its own brand once they reach the right scale.

dcchris311

Reaction score
So does anyone have any actual useful information, such as the build dates for the HO models?

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So does anyone have any actual useful information, such as the build dates for the HO models
I have contacted my dealer = No information
I've tried scowering the interwebs = No Information
I've tried scowering X.com = No Information
I tried yelling at @RamTrucks on X telling them that saying the Tungsten/Limited will be available in Q1 means they need to get them out the door in 2 weeks which seems like a lie.
It's essentially a hurry up and wait type scenario.
Unless someone knows someone who works at the plant and can let us know but I haven't heard or seen anything about any Limiteds/Tungstens being built. That doesn't mean I'm right.

lonepeak

Reaction score
Same here and have never seen a secret held this closely. Has to be a leak somewhere. Talking to my dealer later in week.

MLB12

Reaction score
I would go on the Jeep Wagoneer forums and see if they are talking about any issues.

The 2025 is a pretty mild refresh to be honest, no sheet metal changes at all, just bolt on parts like the headlights, grill and bumpers. The interior includes a slightly larger center screen and an optional passenger screen.

The big change is the switch to the Hurricane, unless you spend at least 78,000 MSRP on a higher trim, you can forget about the High Output version. Which leaves only the SO version, while making a bit more power, actually has reduced payload and tow ratings while only have 1 mpg higher rating. As the owner of previous turbo engines, I can tell you that ratings is probably going to be a lot lower in the real world when compared to a NA motor.

I wouldn't mind the Hurricane if it has some personality, waiting to see the production version and take a test drive. I'm sure there will be some left over 2024s or even 2023s by the time the 2025 is available since the 2025 production begins in February I think?

So far everything that I have been able to get my hands on shows the I6, and specifically the HO version to be a fairly good powertrain, the only downside to the HO is when identically equipped with a like vehicle, except with the SO, the SO has a higher towing and load carrying capacity. Also, Mother MOPAR is saying that in order to get the full outputs of 540/521 on the HO you should be running 91 Octane.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online