5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New info on Gas tank fueling issue

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
You can most definitely suck the last few gallons out of the tank. I've put 25 gallons in my 26 gallon tank before.
23.4 gallons, 17 miles to empty and averaged 17 mpg (hand vs 18 display) on that tank.

Arc72

Reaction score
Это часть путаницы, потому что, безусловно, существует несколько способов возникновения этого состояния, и может быть сложно диагностировать конкретную проблему, которая может у вас возникнуть. В моем случае, который я считаю наиболее серьезным, я не мог заправить бензин в бак без перекрытия форсунки, независимо от того, как вы его перемещали, на какой скорости вы пытались заправить бак или на какой заправке я ездил.

Если что-то подобное случается с вами время от времени, скорее всего, это одно из менее серьезных исправлений. Если это происходит каждый раз при запуске, не идите к дилеру, потому что это не приведет ни к чему, а только ухудшится.

С тех пор, как мой бак был заменен (на новую версию), такого не случалось ни разу.
Возможно вам заменили фильтры вентиляции и проблема ушла.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My truck is at dealer now for this issue and cracked exhaust manifold. New manifold will be in tomorrow. The fueling issue is supposedly the vapor canister that is not covered under the 8/80 emissions warranty. Told them I will fix the fuel issue myself instead of paying them $600+ to do the work

Arc72

Reaction score
Мой грузовик сейчас у дилера из-за этой проблемы и треснувшего выпускного коллектора. Завтра будет новый коллектор. Проблема с заправкой, предположительно связанной с канистрой для паров, которая не обеспечивает гарантии выброса 8/80. Сказал им, что решу проблему с топливом сам, вместо того, чтобы платить им более 600 долларов за работу.
Я поставил себе этот двойной фильтр вместо OEM. Проблема с заправкой ушла.

silver64

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No not just the filter. My fuel tank and emission system was completely replaced.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Dealer ended up doing a courtesy repair for the vapor canister, so it's fixed and no cost to me

silver64

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Да, это возможно, потому что они заменили бак, заливную трубу и фильтры.

McKinneychris21

Reaction score
OK I have read through this forum and cannot seem to find an answer,

I have a 2020 Ram 1500 Classic 5.7L
Out of nowhere it started clicking the gas pump nozzle off every couple of seconds. It takes me close to 30 minutes to fill my tank. if its a tank issue shouldn't it have been a recall problem.

I do most the work on my own vehicles as I cannot afford the dealer cost of labor. What is the most common issue to cause this.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Out of nowhere it started clicking the gas pump nozzle off every couple of seconds. It takes me close to 30 minutes to fill my tank. if its a tank issue shouldn't it have been a recall problem.

I do most the work on my own vehicles as I cannot afford the dealer cost of labor. What is the most common issue to cause this.
Vapor canister and vents

Kiwiaudio

Reaction score
Can someone suggest why i see a lot of posts and replys in this forum in another language ?
Post 447 and 451 for example in this thread are all gibberish.
Im seeing this a lot lately all over the forum !

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Can someone suggest why i see a lot of posts and replys in this forum in another language ?
Because there are people in other countries that own Rams. I use Google translate to read and reply to them. I highlight the text, and select translate on my Pixel 6.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Post 451
Screenshot_20240319-200522.png

Bt10

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Vapor canister and vents
Also check down stairs in the 4th gen sub forums. HSKR's answer is still correct, just check for any 4th gen nuances.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Also check down stairs in the 4th gen sub forums. HSKR's answer is still correct, just check for any 4th gen nuances.
Or on a 4th gen specific forum since OP has a 4th gen

Oldphart

Reaction score
Dealer ended up doing a courtesy repair for the vapor canister, so it's fixed and no cost to me
Glad they fixed it for you, but how in hell is the vapor canister not part of the emissions warranty? Can you share the BS they handed you before they did the "courtesy repair"?

Users who are viewing this thread