5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New info on Gas tank fueling issue

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Glad they fixed it for you, but how in hell is the vapor canister not part of the emissions warranty? Can you share the BS they handed you before they did the "courtesy repair"?
Good point

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Glad they fixed it for you, but how in hell is the vapor canister not part of the emissions warranty? Can you share the BS they handed you before they did the "courtesy repair"?
It's in the warranty fine print from Stellantis. I even chatted with RamCares who confirmed the vapor canister only part of the 3/36 bumper to bumper warranty

Oldphart

Reaction score
It's in the warranty fine print from Stellantis. I even chatted with RamCares who confirmed the vapor canister only part of the 3/36 bumper to bumper warranty
I wonder how they would handle this with my 7yr unlimited mileage warranty? In theory the 3/36 is extended by this.

Guess vapor is different from emissions even though they are preventing essentially the same thing - harmful releases.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I wonder how they would handle this with my 7yr unlimited mileage warranty? In theory the 3/36 is extended by this.

Guess vapor is different from emissions even though they are preventing essentially the same thing - harmful releases.
You'd have to read the warranty specifics. Very few extended warranties are true bumper to bumper. Many have found that glass isn't covered by rhemz and many "wear" items are excluded as well

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
...but how in hell is the vapor canister not part of the emissions warranty?

It is, but the emissions warranty is only good for 3 years and 36,000 miles for most emission components.

1.jpg

There are only a few components that get extended to 8 years or 80,000 miles.

2.jpg

Arc72

Reaction score
Хорошо, я прочитал этот форум и не нашел ответа,

У меня Ram 1500 Classic 2020 года выпуска, 5,7 л.
Откуда-то из ниоткуда каждые пару секунд начал щелкать патрубок бензонасоса. Мне требуется около 30 минут, чтобы наполнить бак. если это проблема с баком, то это не должна была быть проблема с отзывом.

Большую часть работ я выполняю на своих автомобилях, так как не могу позволить себе оплату труда дилера. Какова наиболее распространенная проблема, вызывающая это.
Если хочешь быстро решить проблему с заправкой в заливную трубку вставь кусок трубки диаметром 20 и присоедини варонку. Бензин пойдёт без задержки.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Если хочешь быстро решить проблему с заправкой в заливную трубку вставь кусок трубки диаметром 20 и присоедини варонку. Бензин пойдёт без задержки.
На этих грузовиках нелегко опустить шланг в бензобак. Я пробовал.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Это для того, чтобы обойти клапан?

CCH

Reaction score
I have a 2020 Ram Rebel 5.7. I now have 100,000 miles on it. Since about the 10,000 mile mark, I could only pump between a 1/4 and 1/2 gallon every 5 seconds, then would have to wait 5 seconds to start again. During my busy season, it was an every day thing. Words can't describe my frustration. When it was under warranty, they replaced the tank twice and it didn't fix the problem. I work in agriculture, so there is a lot of dust. Today was the first time in over 3 years I have been able to start the pump, walk into the store, walk out, and have my tank full without any problems. For me it was the Vapor Cannister. It is located in front of the driver side rear wheel. From underneath the truck, look up in the area right where the gas door is and you will see a round plastic cannister. It is just zip tied in place. It's hard to reach, so I used a long filet knife to cut the zip tie. Once it is free, you can unscrew the top from the cannister. My cannister was completely full of dust. Shocking how much there was. I emptied it, used the air compressor to blow the filter out, and gas finally pumped the way it should. I know there is a TSB for a dual Vapor Cannister for extreme conditions, but I might just empty the dust as needed. I ended up zip tying the cannister hose to the brake line so it is more accessible, because I'm sure I'll need to clean it again. Might not help all, but hope this helps some of you.

W Six

Reaction score
@CCH, that's good info.
We were in some pretty dusty areas last fall, but my filling issues started before that.
My tank was just replaced. It was the third time in for refueling issues.
I've only filled up once and it worked fine so far.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have a 2020 Ram Rebel 5.7. I now have 100,000 miles on it. Since about the 10,000 mile mark, I could only pump between a 1/4 and 1/2 gallon every 5 seconds, then would have to wait 5 seconds to start again. During my busy season, it was an every day thing. Words can't describe my frustration. When it was under warranty, they replaced the tank twice and it didn't fix the problem. I work in agriculture, so there is a lot of dust. Today was the first time in over 3 years I have been able to start the pump, walk into the store, walk out, and have my tank full without any problems. For me it was the Vapor Cannister. It is located in front of the driver side rear wheel. From underneath the truck, look up in the area right where the gas door is and you will see a round plastic cannister. It is just zip tied in place. It's hard to reach, so I used a long filet knife to cut the zip tie. Once it is free, you can unscrew the top from the cannister. My cannister was completely full of dust. Shocking how much there was. I emptied it, used the air compressor to blow the filter out, and gas finally pumped the way it should. I know there is a TSB for a dual Vapor Cannister for extreme conditions, but I might just empty the dust as needed. I ended up zip tying the cannister hose to the brake line so it is more accessible, because I'm sure I'll need to clean it again. Might not help all, but hope this helps some of you.
Sounds like some ****ty troubleshooting, or lazy, by the dealer techs. I just had my vapor canister placed last week for same issue, and that was the only thing they replaced and it was diagnosed as that almost immediately.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Was that the canister or the filter?

Arc72

Reaction score
У меня Ram Rebel 5.7 2020 года выпуска. Сейчас у меня пробег 100 000 миль. Начиная с отметки в 10 000 миль, я мог закачивать только от 1/4 до 1/2 галлона каждые 5 секунд, затем мне приходилось ждать 5 секунд, чтобы начать снова. В мой напряженный сезон это было делом каждого дня. Слова не могут описать мое разочарование. Когда он был на гарантии, бак меняли дважды, но проблема не устранилась. Я работаю в сельском хозяйстве, поэтому здесь много пыли. Сегодня впервые за более чем 3 года я смог запустить насос, зайти в магазин, выйти и без проблем наполнить бак. Для меня это был Vapor Cannister. Он расположен перед задним колесом со стороны водителя. Из-под грузовика посмотрите вверх, туда, где находится газовая дверь, и вы увидите круглую пластиковую канистру. Он просто застегивается на место. До него трудно добраться, поэтому я перерезал застежку длинным ножом для филе. Как только он освободится, вы можете открутить верхнюю часть канистры. Моя канистра была полностью забита пылью. Шокирует, сколько всего было. Я опорожнил его, продул фильтр воздушным компрессором, и наконец бензин пошёл так, как надо. Я знаю, что существует TSB для двойного баллона с парами для экстремальных условий, но я мог бы просто выбрасывать пыль по мере необходимости. В итоге я привязал шланг канистры к тормозной магистрали, чтобы он был более доступен, потому что я уверен, что мне придется его снова почистить. Возможно, это поможет не всем, но надеюсь, что это поможет некоторым из вас.
Жаль что это поможет не надолго. Ещё заправка сильно зависит от температуры на улице.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online