5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2025 Builder is UP!

PatrickLeedleLee

Reaction score
Ordered my Tungsten this past Monday in Bright white adding only the bed utility group and the trailer tow group. Trading in my 2019 Ram 1500 i ordered in 2018. Thought about going with another Limited, but even though i wish the Tungsten gave us an option for a black interior i liked the way the exterior looked better than the Limited. I don't expect it to show up at my dealer for 12 weeks or so.
Hate to be the bearer of bad news but it’ll take a lot longer. To my l knowledge they haven’t built any custom orders yet and they’re doing tons of level 1 before level 2.

AnthonyRI

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
For ****s and giggles I decided to build a Big Horn on 2025 build site. Am I understanding correctly that the 33 gallon tank is no longer a option on the lower trim trucks? All I can find is the 26 gallon tank.
Yes 33G is available on Bighorns

AnthonyRI

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
lmaoooo what a joke prices are now a days. 80-100k for a 1500 boys! yay.
The point of that was to show that the gap between a fully equipped Elite Limited was not $12K less than a fully equipped Tungsten.
You can still get your 1500 4x4 Crewcab for anywhere you'd like from $54K-$95K...

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The point of that was to show that the gap between a fully equipped Elite Limited was not $12K less than a fully equipped Tungsten.
You can still get your 1500 4x4 Crewcab for anywhere you'd like from $54K-$95K...

I'm sorry, but facts and common sense will not be tolerated here. If you're not willing to go along with the FUD in this thread, you will be reported to the mods and the natives will run you out of town with pitchforks.

AnthonyRI

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but facts and common sense will not be tolerated here. If you're not willing to go along with the FUD in this thread, you will be reported to the mods and the natives will run you out of town with pitchforks.
LOL sorry I will do my best to comply

jdawgjm

Reaction score

I picked up my Ram Limited Elite less than 10 months ago. For 82,105 MSRP (I paid high 60s).

To get that same interior, 33gal, multifunction tail gate, how much will it cost.

jdawgjm

Reaction score

You can help me price it out, if you have the time.

AnthonyRI

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
I picked up my Ram Limited Elite less than 10 months ago. For 82,105 MSRP (I paid high 60s).

To get that same interior, 33gal, multifunction tail gate, how much will it cost.
PM me the VIN and I will compare & spec

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm shocked at the price of the 2025 1500's. o_O

Why? The increase is less than the inflation rate for the last 3 years. I just built a 2025 Limited with the same options I have on my 2023 Limited and the price was only 7.49% above the sticker price on my truck. That's only a 3.74% increase per year. The inflation rate for 2021 was 4.7%, 8% for 2022 and 4.1% for 2023. Any company that doesn't at least recover inflation costs is rapidly heading for bankruptcy.

HemiDude

Reaction score
Why? The increase is less than the inflation rate for the last 3 years. I just built a 2025 Limited with the same options I have on my 2023 Limited and the price was only 7.49% above the sticker price on my truck. That's only a 3.74% increase per year. The inflation rate for 2021 was 4.7%, 8% for 2022 and 4.1% for 2023. Any company that doesn't at least recover inflation costs is rapidly heading for bankruptcy.
I suppose as long as everyone is getting at least a 3.74% per year pay increase, it should all even out, correct?

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I suppose as long as everyone is getting at least a 3.74% per year pay increase, it should all even out, correct?

Your pay is your responsibility. Many are already paid far beyond the value of their labor.

HemiDude

Reaction score
Your pay is your responsibility. Many are already paid far beyond the value of their labor.
The price you are willing to pay for a truck is also your responsibility, what is your point?

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The price you are willing to pay for a truck is also your responsibility, what is your point?

LOL! I'm sure this made sense in your head when you were typing it. To be clear, your question about pay raises is completely irrelevant to the facts I previously stated.

HemiDude

Reaction score
LOL! I'm sure this made sense in your head when you were typing it. To be clear, your question about pay raises is completely irrelevant to the facts I previously stated.
Guys are complaining about the price of new trucks, and one member stated he was shocked at the price of new trucks. You questioned why by stating the price of a new Ram similarly equipped to yours increased 7.49%. My statement about pay increases is quite relevant - If someone was comfortable paying X dollars for a truck that costs Y, then they should be comfortable paying X(2) for truck Y(2), as long as the money they make has increased the same percentage.

You then said that some people are overpaid. That is true. Also true is that some trucks are overpriced. Did I miss something else here?

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Guys are complaining about the price of new trucks, and one member stated he was shocked at the price of new trucks. You questioned why by stating the price of a new Ram similarly equipped to yours increased 7.49%. My statement about pay increases is quite relevant - If someone was comfortable paying X dollars for a truck that costs Y, then they should be comfortable paying X(2) for truck Y(2), as long as the money they make has increased the same percentage.

You then said that some people are overpaid. That is true. Also true is that some trucks are overpriced. Did I miss something else here?

Your statement about pay increases and whether or not someone is comfortable with paying any price for a vehicle is completely irrelevant to the facts I stated regarding the manufactures price of a vehicle. They are entirely separate topics.

Also, my post was not directed at "guys...complaining". It was directed toward a very specific post that made no mention whatsoever about what they were comfortable paying or what they could afford. It was very specifically about the price increase. Yes, you are in fact missing something.

Last edited:

HemiDude

Reaction score
Guess I don't see it that way. MFRs can make the prices anything they want, people will pay what they are comfortable with, and they more money they have the more money they are likely to pay. Sound like related topics to me. You being surprised that someone else thinks prices are too high seems no more or less relevant than any other comments made in this thread.

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Guess I don't see it that way. MFRs can make the prices anything they want, people will pay what they are comfortable with, and they more money they have the more money they are likely to pay.

Correct, but still completely unrelated to the facts I stated. The post I was responding to made no mention whatsoever of what they were comfortable paying or how much money they made.

You being surprised that someone else thinks prices are too high seems no more or less relevant than any other comments made in this thread.

It is surprising to me when someone does not seem to understand inflation. I suspect the person I was responding to does understand inflation but had never really done the math to understand the price increase is actually lower than the average rate of inflation, so I provided that information.

The facts of my post, and the one I was responding to, still has absolutely nothing to with what someone can afford or how much pay they make.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It all comes down to supply and demand, if people are willing to pay a certain price then the manufacturers will charge it. If trucks stop selling because prices are to high manufacturers will have no choice but to either lower the prices or get out of the market. Right now people are still paying but supposedly inventories are coming up in some areas. Thier are certain youtubers out their posting the same videos of overflowing truck lots every other day but so far I have not sceen this where I am. Thier is less inventory now then their was before covid or when I bought my truck back in 2019.

HemiDude

Reaction score
Correct, but still completely unrelated to the facts I stated. The post I was responding to made no mention whatsoever of what they were comfortable paying or how much money they made.

It is surprising to me when someone does not seem to understand inflation. I suspect the person I was responding to does understand inflation but had never really done the math to understand the price increase is actually lower than the average rate of inflation, so I provided that information.

The facts of my post, and the one I was responding to, still has absolutely nothing to with what someone can afford or how much pay they make.
Ok, thanks for playing.

My apologies to @PetePA for sidetracking your thread. The Tungsten is an amazing looking Ram, hope it gets built and shipped to you as quickly as you want it.

Users who are viewing this thread