5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2025 Builder is UP!

FYRSTIX

Reaction score
The Forged Blue Metallic looks pretty darn good. You don't like that as good as the Patriot Blue?

The only place I have seen it was the on RAM build website, granted not the most accurate representation. There it looked quite a bit darker than Patriot blue. Is there another place to see it that would be better?

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The only place I have seen it was the on RAM build website, granted not the most accurate representation. There it looked quite a bit darker than Patriot blue. Is there another place to see it that would be better?
Look at auto trader for river rock blue wagoneers, it’s the same paint code as Ram’s forged blue metallic.

AnthonyRI

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
A couple of youtube channels are ripping into the price for the 2025 rams.

Base bighorn...4x4 crew cab level 1 (because you have to pick a level)..starting price is $55k and only includes the 3.6 pentastar engine. Just insane pricing.

End of 2024 model year going into 2025 model year, '25 is $50 more and includes just off the top of my head blind spot detection and wheelhouse liners.

2024 Bighorn Level 1 V6 4x4 $55175 (end of model year December 23 ordering
2025 Bighorn Level 1 V6 4x4 $55225 (beginning of model year December 23 ordering)

The outrage belongs in the transition from 2022 to 2023, which occurred in August 2022

CalvinC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Stories that rely on net profit are attempting to dupe you, because it's a meaningless figure. It completely ignores the size of the company and how many stakeholders (owners) the company has. Also, if they made $1 more than any other year they have made record profits so record profits is also a meaningless sensational term intended to manipulate.

THINK. If they made 12 billion in net profits and a profit margin of only 13%, guess how much money they spent to make that net 12 billion. Guess where that billions of dollars of expenses went. Stellantis directly employs nearly 275,000 employees and has millions of owners.

The fact remains their profit margin for 2023 was below 13%. Visa has a profit margin of 51%, Apple and Amazon are around 43%, and Microsoft 36%.

Go ahead and believe it's greed if that makes you feel better. If you can't understand the facts I am presenting then I just can't give you the education in economics and business finance that you need.

13% profit margin for Stellantis is scary thin.
Like the other companies mentioned, I get hauled onto the carpet if my projects dip below 40% profit margin.

But the point is how stats lie and invoke sensational responses, meant to make people emotional, rather than knowledgeable.

On one hand you need to break these profit and revenue figures down to a scalable unit of measure, like profit margin or earning per share. In that light it doesn’t look like Stellantis made much money.

On the other hand you’d really need to dive into their expenses, and have industry expertise to give them context, to understand if their margins are so low due to poor decisions, etc.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I make less money now then I did in 2022, so no I didnt make more money in 2023 (same job same position)
Very few did keep up with inflation unless you’re a CEO getting a 15-20% yearly raise.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Like the other companies mentioned, I get hauled onto the carpet if my projects dip below 40% profit margin.

But the point is how stats lie and invoke sensational responses, meant to make people emotional, rather than knowledgeable.

On one hand you need to break these profit and revenue figures down to a scalable unit of measure, like profit margin or earning per share. In that light it doesn’t look like Stellantis made much money.

On the other hand you’d really need to dive into their expenses, and have industry expertise to give them context, to understand if their margins are so low due to poor decisions, etc.
How many millions and billions are put into EV research? Profit is money left over after all of their "reinvestment" they are not running razer thin margins, they are using that money to further the company which is early compounds the gains.
If they make a 1500 for 20k and sell it for 60k that's not 40k profit. They can use that 40k for "R&D" and throw it into somewhere else and poof, we have no profit. I read that GMC makes their pickups for around 17k per their shareholders, I'm sure Ram is simular give or take a little.

Very few did keep up with inflation unless you’re a CEO getting a 15-20% yearly raise.
I know, I was just responding to someone who outright asked me lol.
Only way to keep up woth inflation right now is to keep hopping jobs and go to one's that lost their employees and or come back at a higher value, assuming skilled labor where they can't just rehire and be happy. Minimum wage keeps going up, but wages for everyone else not so much.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Stories that rely on net profit are attempting to dupe you, because it's a meaningless figure. It completely ignores the size of the company and how many stakeholders (owners) the company has. Also, if they made $1 more than any other year they have made record profits so record profits is also a meaningless sensational term intended to manipulate.

THINK. If they made 12 billion in net profits and a profit margin of only 13%, guess how much money they spent to make that net 12 billion. Guess where that billions of dollars of expenses went. Stellantis directly employs nearly 275,000 employees and has millions of owners.

The fact remains their profit margin for 2023 was below 13%. Visa has a profit margin of 51%, Apple and Amazon are around 43%, and Microsoft 36%.

Go ahead and believe it's greed if that makes you feel better. If you can't understand the facts I am presenting then I just can't give you the education in economics and business finance that you need.
Stellantis firing a bunch more people due to "lack of work".
Nope not corporate greed.
1708798999446.png

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score

It's a tough time for the automakers right now as they have to dump a ton of money into Electric vehicle development while making little to no margin on those vehicles. Then you still have to update and maintain your ICE vehicles at the same time as ICE is still what sells and generates the profit.

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Similar in the Silverado (kinda). GIDEON / VERY DARK ATMOSPHERE

View attachment 177635 View attachment 177636
I said the same exact thing when I saw this earlier. There must be cheap stock in salt colored leather somewhere. Especially since it’s the only color on the Tungsten they’re pushing so heavily. This is in jest obviously but it seems odd.

ThatAirRideThough

Reaction score
You are correct, the TOW TECH triggers the mirror requirement, not just the TOW GROUP itself.
Do you know if you can add the Tow Tech and then turn around and delete the tow mirrors? Or wonder if I could buy the standard mirrors through your parts department and swap them out myself without throwing any codes?

Last edited:

AnthonyRI

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Do you know if you can add the Tow Tech and then turn around and delete the tow mirrors? Or wonder if I could buy the standard mirrors through your parts department and swap them out myself without throwing any codes?
There is no "delete" function for anything at the moment (not for the ramboxes or sunroofs where those come in, which have been a frequent question).
As far as doing anything aftermarket, we'd have to wait til they start showing up to see if that's doable. Even some times that SEEM like a no-brainer for us consumers turns out there is some inhibition, like you mention codes or other malfunctions, in the end result.

Idahoktm

Reaction score

It will probably be similar to the pre-'25 models where you would install the sport mirrors, plug them in, then use AlfaOBD or JScan to disable the tow mirror present setting.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It will probably be similar to the pre-'25 models where you would install the sport mirrors, plug them in, then use AlfaOBD or JScan to disable the tow mirror present setting.
Not at all. The 2025’s have a whole new canbus architecture (just like the wagoneer), utilizing CAN FD now. Alfaobd and JScan won’t even be able to connect to a 2025, and it’ll be a while before anyone comes out with something that can do vehicle configuration changes.

FYRSTIX

Reaction score
I had a look at the Jeep suggested above to see what the Jeep version of forged blue looks like. Looks to be between blue and grey. Not for me.

For laughs I went back and tried to build various versions of Limited, Laramie, and Longhorn, but can't get a color I like with wheels I like with features I do want without those I don't want (like RamBox). What the hell RAM?

Dewey

Reaction score
I had a look at the Jeep suggested above to see what the Jeep version of forged blue looks like. Looks to be between blue and grey. Not for me.

For laughs I went back and tried to build various versions of Limited, Laramie, and Longhorn, but can't get a color I like with wheels I like with features I do want without those I don't want (like RamBox). What the hell RAM?
Sucks they got rid of Patriot Blue. The more I see that color the more I like it for my next truck. Forged Blue is pretty blah looking to me.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It sucks you can't get the night edition big horn in Delmonico Red. You can on the HD's.

Users who are viewing this thread