5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

SkittleRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What did it to the Ram, well it got a good cleaning inside, as washing the outside is pointless with all the rain and I fixed my tire as it had a nice screw lodged in...
Tire.jpg

I know, I know... I need tires....

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
What did it to the Ram, well it got a good cleaning inside, as washing the outside is pointless with all the rain and I fixed my tire as it had a nice screw lodged in...
View attachment 176243

I now carry a plug kit just for this reason. Saved me a few times already. Even quicker than dropping the spare.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
94b6f860f6b4c4a80f50f7d8a273687d.jpg

Heard enough folks praise the seat jackers from DDI randomly decided on Sat to go ahead and order a pair. Arrived Monday holy fast shipping. Dk if I’ll feel the same life changing effects like others. I often do 15-20+ hours for work and never felt that the Rams seating was uncomfortable.

e2c2fc174150caff43674ed3691d5dbc.jpg

Cargo lights are laughable at best. Wanted something that resembled OEM and not be uncomfortably bright. Still needed to clear the Retrax cover and still lock in position oh and still be able to use sliding the tie downs. Mission accomplished tied into the factory cargo lamps.

0f8b9e217661bd6bf47ce1dded542af3.jpg

Cover closed

52030d8164137fc90eb1771e596a9f6f.jpg

Cover opened

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Realtruck

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Saturday set out to Death Valley for that once in 10,000 years opportunity to see Bad Water Basin flooded and turned into a lake. (Last time Bad Water Basin, the lowest point in North America at -284ft elevation, was a lake was 10,000 years ago. It's since dried up and turned into a salt flat)
View attachment 176184
One Ram, 2 White JL Rubi, and 1 Mitsubishi Montero (that Montero is crazy capable... tackled everything that's thrown at it: Black Bear Pass, Imogene, Engineer Pass, Alpine Loop, Diablo Dropoff, etc. Next up for the Monty is probably Alaska)
View attachment 176185
View attachment 176186
The little dots are the tourists at the official Bad Water Basin Parking Lot.
View attachment 176187
View attachment 176188
Next day on the way out got stuck at some traffic control zone. Perfect time for a picture I guess. And the only shot of the truck after replacing my Squadrons with the XL Racers.

Not a whole lot of pictures of the truck this time because my left ankle's old injury returned. I could barely walk or stand since Friday, but for this once in a life time experience I said screw my ankle and went for it lol
And today (Monday) it got worse so I had to call off work.
You were literally a part of history, that is amazing! Wishing you a speedy recovery

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Changed the oil, oil filter, air filter, and cabin air filter. I also installed a Fumoto drain valve. I added a rubber cap I had laying around to keep the drain tip clean.

IMG_3680.jpeg

I modified my Skeerdy Cat skid plate so it no longer interferes with the arms on my 2-post lift. The skid plate was in the way of the lifting points on the frame. This was forcing me to use a spot further back, which was fairly sketchy to me. After the modification, I can now utilize the correct lifting point up front. I mounted the cut-outs upright to cover the lower section of the cats so they can’t be cut. It‘s not perfect, but it lets me keep the skid plate and provides a safer way to put my truck on the lift.

IMG_3687.jpeg IMG_3688.jpeg IMG_3689.jpeg IMG_3690.jpeg IMG_3691.jpeg IMG_3692.jpeg IMG_3693.jpeg IMG_3694.jpeg IMG_3695.jpeg

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Changed the oil, oil filter, air filter, and cabin air filter. I also installed a Fumoto drain valve. I added a rubber cap I had laying around to keep the drain tip clean.

View attachment 176292

I modified my Skeerdy Cat skid plate so it no longer interferes with the arms on my 2-post lift. The skid plate was in the way of the lifting points on the frame. This was forcing me to use a spot further back, which was fairly sketchy to me. After the modification, I can now utilize the correct lifting point up front. I mounted the cut-outs upright to cover the lower section of the cats so they can’t be cut. It‘s not perfect, but it lets me keep the skid plate and provides a safer way to put my truck on the lift.

View attachment 176300 View attachment 176301 View attachment 176302 View attachment 176303 View attachment 176304 View attachment 176305 View attachment 176306 View attachment 176307 View attachment 176308
that's one issue with all the cat guards... even with the RCI ones I had to finesse the lift to make it go correctly.
glad you found a solution!

RVTRKN

Reaction score
View attachment 176243

I now carry a plug kit just for this reason. Saved me a few times already. Even quicker than dropping the spare.

I used to carry plugs with me at all times, and it worked well, until I had one not seal, even after I used two plugs in the same puncture. Drove truck to a couple of tire shops and they refused to repair the tire, claiming they couldn't indemnify the repair and if it blew out they could be held responsible. It cost me the tire and I'll never plug my own again, unless I'm in a secluded area and a passer by just happens to have a set and is my only way out. Fast forward to recent leaking tire, a nice couple travel the US throughout the years and from time to time leave their truck at my place and fly home, this time they flew home for Christmas. When they returned one of their tires was leaking, he asked me if I had plugs, then after I told him about my experience he hesitated. Lucky he found it in the morning before the next day they were leaving. I called my National Chain tire shop immediately and explained their predicament, he told me to have them bring it in right away and they would not charge them a dime for the repair. It was done within 3 hours at no charge. I just got word they made their way down to Baja Mexico were they'll wait out winter.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I refuse to use tire plugs. I see them as a last resort emergency temp fix. I'd rather get the tires patched properly. And a small screw like in the picture is t a major leak that would prevent you from making it to a tire shop

Gregdad

Reaction score
Would you say these could go through a car wash? Or would you think the brushes would pull this off?
We don’t have car washes up here with the big rotating brushes but the lights and mount are securely bolted on’ so I’d say you’d be fine. I didn’t reuse the cheap plate mounting screws. I used actual bolts to secure the bracket to the bumper

Users who are viewing this thread