5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Just going on a hunch but I feel the Hurricane is too different for a company like Chrysler/Stelantis to get perfect on the first try. I mean how many first year MDS engines are still on the road? I'm not poo pooing the new stuff because I can't afford it. I'm just not that much of a risk taker ( and I can't afford it LOL ) Even the second year is too early for problems to start showing up. Look at how long direct injection was around before we found out they were fouling their intake valves.
Cue the old tv commercial from 1977... "Wow, I coulda' had a V8".
There were several from 2006-2008 where people got bopped on the forehead...
Wish I could link them but dunno' how.

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That's pretty crazy... I got $18.5K off of a year old 2023 2 weeks ago and you are getting a day old 2025 new model with 14.3K off?
"Sucks to be me" ha ha 😮🤔🤣
I went in to get a 2024 and then went home and saw the 2025 and figured I'd just wait for the new model. Then I saw the prices with the discounts and ended up getting a great deal on the 2025. I am very happy I waited for now. That might change when the new one comes. Here's to hoping the new engine isn't a bust.

ThatAirRideThough

Reaction score
I went in to get a 2024 and then went home and saw the 2025 and figured I'd just wait for the new model. Then I saw the prices with the discounts and ended up getting a great deal on the 2025. I am very happy I waited for now. That might change when the new one comes. Here's to hoping the new engine isn't a bust.
Mind if I ask where you bought it from or who gave you the biggest discount?

CalvinC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is my concern. I'll probably go limited and get a different leather color since white leather sounds like stain city. I have never had white leather and it seems like it might be an issue for me.
Denim transfer can be an issue, which is why most buyers of vehicles with white leather only where velvet tracksuits whenever they drive. Of course, this also necessitates a gold necklace and dice on the mirror so that things don't look weird.

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Mind if I ask where you bought it from or who gave you the biggest discount?
Mark Dodge had the best price hands down. The only issue was it was 1100 miles away and the transit and trade in would have cost me too much so I got my local dealer to match Mark Dodge minus the travel cost and trade in with taxes....etc.
My Dealer was about 2k more than Mark Dodge.

TLDR: Mark Dodge

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Denim transfer can be an issue, which is why most buyers of vehicles with white leather only where velvet tracksuits whenever they drive. Of course, this also necessitates a gold necklace and dice on the mirror so that things don't look weird.
I sold all my Velvet tracksuits unforunately.

I went with the Limited with black interior like I have now.

If anyone is interested I went through and make a comparison on what is left out of the Limited vs the Tungsten. Below are all the features that are missing on a Standard Limited Crew Cab 2025. I can say that some features are available if you get the Limited Level 1 Equipment group, Trailer tow group, etc.
Most of the features I didn't care about. Mainly the 4way power head rest, 23 speaker klipsh, and the 20 way adjustable power seat were not important to me. I was not getting a white leather truck so there was no way I was getting the Tungsten.

Missing on Limited Compared to Tungsten
Standard Features - DT6R98-1500 TUNGSTEN CREW CAB 4X4 (144.5 in WB 5 ft 7 in Box)
XEK 12-Way/1-Way Trailer Connector
RHZ 14.4" Touchscreen Display
WPA 22X9.0 Polish/Painted Whls W/Inserts
RGE 23 SPKR Klipsch Reference Premiere
TAR 285/45R22XL BSW All Season Tires
CD6 4-Way Front Power Head Restraints
MBL Body Color Front Fascia
MBQ Body Color Rear Bumper w/Step Pads
CLT Bright Frt & Rr Door Sill Scuff Pads
GRG Digital Rearview Mirror
LCA Dome Dual LED Reading Lamp
JVN Driver Seat - Power Adjust 20-Way
XNM Drowsy Driver Detection
GWJ Dual-Pane Panoramic Sunroof
SJK Evasive Steer Assist
JWN Frt Pass Seat - Power Adjust 20-Way
TBW Full Size Spare Tire w/Matching Whl
MFT Grille-Body Color Surround/Texture
SJH Hands-Free Active Driving Assist Sys
LBK Head Up Display
JY9 Instrument Cluster Theme 9
XPS Intersection Collision Assist System
CE1 Key Fob - Red
LPH LED CHMSL Lamp
LCX LED Dome/Reading Lamp
WKB Matching Spare Wheel
XB4 MOPAR Bright Pedal Kit
XPM ParkSense Automated Parking System
TZP Pirelli Brand Tires
*HL Premium Leather Bucket Seats
LNT Premium LED Fog Lamps
C1N Rotary Shifter-Jeweled
LTM SKS Chrome Taillamp Bezels
GX6 Smartphone As A Key Capable
CHG Suede Headliner
XAK Surround View Camera System
SJB Traffic Sign Recognition
CS7 Tri-Fold Tonneau Cover
M18 Tungsten Badge
MHH Tungsten Bodyside Moldings
UBW Uconnect 5 NAV W 14.4" Display (USA)

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
Thanks for taking the time to post the differences. I’m still stuck on the 20 way power seats….

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for taking the time to post the differences. I’m still stuck on the 20 way power seats….
Yeah I never adjust my seat after I get it set.
The limited comes with massaging seats which is all I wanted.

dcchris311

Reaction score

If anyone is interested I went through and make a comparison on what is left out of the Limited vs the Tungsten. Below are all the features that are missing on a Standard Limited Crew Cab 2025. I can say that some features are available if you get the Limited Level 1 Equipment group, Trailer tow group, etc.
Most of the features I didn't care about. Mainly the 4way power head rest, 23 speaker klipsh, and the 20 way adjustable power seat were not important to me. I was not getting a white leather truck so there was no way I was getting the Tungsten.

Standard Features - DT6R98-1500 TUNGSTEN CREW CAB 4X4 (144.5 in WB 5 ft 7 in Box)
SJK Evasive Steer Assist
LBK Head Up Display
CE1 Key Fob - Red
LPH LED CHMSL Lamp
WKB Matching Spare Wheel
TZP Pirelli Brand Tires
CHG Suede Headliner
M18 Tungsten Badge
I originally planned on ordering a Limited, but with all the options/packages it came out to the same amount as a base level Tungsten. So I just made the jump and added a few options to it. I'm not to worried about the interior, I plan on ceramic coating the interior. I've seen positive reviews on the tesla forum from those who went with the white interior. Plus the MD discount helps quite a bit.

BowDown

Reaction score
I originally planned on ordering a Limited, but with all the options/packages it came out to the same amount as a base level Tungsten. So I just made the jump and added a few options to it. I'm not to worried about the interior, I plan on ceramic coating the interior. I've seen positive reviews on the tesla forum from those who went with the white interior. Plus the MD discount helps quite a bit.

The ceramic coat only last about 60 days but in 70K miles, I've had zero denim dye transfer. Even forgot about a having a pilot g2 gel ink pen in my pocket which of course broke and leaked onto the seat. 90% gone after some mild cleaning and 100% gone a week later just from driving

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I just simply don’t like white leather and I have kids and a dog so black is easier to manage. I didn’t need the 20 adjustment seat or a power head rest. The rest is just cosmetic stuff. I guess to each their own. All I know is I’m excited to see what it looks like.

PatrickLeedleLee

Reaction score
I have one ordered - Laramie with hands free, level 2, sunroof, night, power boards, 33 gallon tank, advanced safety, technology, 14" screen. Basically a Limited and then some with everything I added, but historically speaking there are better (if any) incentives and rates on the Laramie than the Limited. I'm not 100% sure if I'm going to grab it when it comes in, just have to see how the the lease deal works and the equity I'll have on my current lease at the time.

dcchris311

Reaction score
The ceramic coat only last about 60 days but in 70K miles, I've had zero denim dye transfer. Even forgot about a having a pilot g2 gel ink pen in my pocket which of course broke and leaked onto the seat. 90% gone after some mild cleaning and 100% gone a week later just from driving
Which coating did you use? I had CarPro Cquartz on my BMW and it held up very well. I didn't any denim transfer for at least a year, but I do maintain my vehicles interiors quite well with leather top coatings.
I just simply don’t like white leather and I have kids and a dog so black is easier to manage. I didn’t need the 20 adjustment seat or a power head rest. The rest is just cosmetic stuff. I guess to each their own. All I know is I’m excited to see what it looks like.
Yea, I'm not a big fan of it either BUT if i had a choice of interior colors, it would most likely would've gone with black. I really wanted the Klipsch sound system. I guess I'll have to compare it with another truck once I get to see if it's actually worth the "upgrade" in trim.

BowDown

Reaction score
Which coating did you use? I had CarPro Cquartz on my BMW and it held up very well. I didn't any denim transfer for at least a year, but I do maintain my vehicles interiors quite well with leather top coatings.

Yea, I'm not a big fan of it either BUT if i had a choice of interior colors, it would most likely would've gone with black. I really wanted the Klipsch sound system. I guess I'll have to compare it with another truck once I get to see if it's actually worth the "upgrade" in trim.

Both Carpro Quartz and Gyeon.
I can feel its "slipperiness" diminish after about 2-3 weeks. Even without the ceramic coating, I had no denim transfer and I only re-apply it about twice a year when I remember. Otherwise I throw some adams leather care on it and move on.

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score

I went through great lengths to figure out all the differences and weighed out my options all because of white leather. LOL. Probably spent too much time comparing them and figuring out what is missing. In the end I know I made the best decision for me. I also got the night edition which was not an option I believe on the Tungsten. In the end I am excited to see what it looks like. Fingers Crossed.

ichime

Reaction score
Just going on a hunch but I feel the Hurricane is too different for a company like Chrysler/Stelantis to get perfect on the first try. I mean how many first year MDS engines are still on the road? I'm not poo pooing the new stuff because I can't afford it. I'm just not that much of a risk taker ( and I can't afford it LOL ) Even the second year is too early for problems to start showing up. Look at how long direct injection was around before we found out they were fouling their intake valves.

Agreed. Even Toyota is had some issues with their new 3.4L Tundra engines (wastegates).

Judging from what I’ve seen in the Wagoneer forums, haven’t seen too many major engine issues on these hurricanes. The main issue seems to be the fuel economy of the H/O, which seems to be a hit or miss with some reporting slightly better MPG than the V8s they replace.

Very interested to see how these motors run in the Rams. They’re essentially BMW S58 motors (same bore and stroke) with higher boost and lower redline. Considering that a $600 piggyback tune can add 100whp and 130whtq on the H/O in the Grand Wagoneer these trucks should be a hoot to drive!

SD Rebel

Reaction score
....They’re essentially BMW S58 motors (same bore and stroke) with higher boost and lower redline. Considering that a $600 piggyback tune can add 100whp and 130whtq on the H/O in the Grand Wagoneer these trucks should be a hoot to drive!

Just wished they sounded like BMW motors, but who knows, still hopeful they have some personality in the RAM. I think a Rebel with a Hurricane and plug-in hybrid system would be really interesting.

dcchris311

Reaction score
Just wished they sounded like BMW motors, but who knows, still hopeful they have some personality in the RAM. I think a Rebel with a Hurricane and plug-in hybrid system would be really interesting.
I'll be fabricating an exhaust the very week I get my tungsten. Hopefully I can get a nice exhaust note with the right diameter and muffler selection.

BowDown

Reaction score

SJK Evasive Steer Assist
LBK Head Up Display
CE1 Key Fob - Red
LPH LED CHMSL Lamp
WKB Matching Spare Wheel
TZP Pirelli Brand Tires
CHG Suede Headliner
M18 Tungsten Badge

I want the Tungsten but I don't like being forced into 4x4, 3.92 and what sounds like rambles. Highly doubt I'm buying either the Limited or the Tungsten

ThatAirRideThough

Reaction score
I went through great lengths to figure out all the differences and weighed out my options all because of white leather. LOL. Probably spent too much time comparing them and figuring out what is missing. In the end I know I made the best decision for me. I also got the night edition which was not an option I believe on the Tungsten. In the end I am excited to see what it looks like. Fingers Crossed.
Ha ha, you sound like me. By the time I added everything I wanted to the Limited, it was within roughly $3000 of a Tungsten with the goodies I wanted added to it. Going the Tungsten route gives me more seat adjustability (power headrest, adjustable upper seat back and upper and lower adjustable bolsters—both have massage and four way lumbar), the suede headliner, Klipsh stereo, and some other small stuff…but I’m not in love with the white leather and I’d personally prefer to skip the pano roof…but for only $3000ish more it’s hard to pass up. Honestly though, so long as the Tungsten seats aren’t way more comfortable than the Limiteds, I think I’d give up the few things I mentioned for the black interior, midnight package and no sunroof…maybe I’m just weird like that. 😂

Users who are viewing this thread