5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Finally did the rear diff with Amsoil and Mopar friction modifier at 66K.

The old stuff looked pretty good. I added the entire bottle of modifier first and then the amsoil even though amsoil says it has the modifier. Didn't feel like playing games. It took just over 2 bags with a full 4 oz bottle of modifier.

She's quiet and smooth. No chatter whatsoever. Not even cornering.
20240106_151153.jpg 20240106_151224.jpg

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

The old stuff looked pretty good. I added the entire bottle of modifier first and then the amsoil even though amsoil says it has the modifier. Didn't feel like playing games. It took just over 2 bags with a full 4 oz bottle of modifier.

View attachment 174090 View attachment 174091
Looking at your tailpipes, you should think about loosening the clamp (upwards of a foot forward from your tips), and adjust them up tighter to the bumper. They're looking a little droopy.

Here's what mine looked like before and after.

1704584713526.png

1704584682244.png

raygun9

Reaction score

View attachment 174090 View attachment 174091
I gotta do mine soon, at 62k. Did you use any type of sealant on the bolts? Ive heard people doing it on the 5th gens but I never did it on my 4th gen.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
With what you put your truck through REGULARLY, I would never have pegged you as one who would be concerned about a few measley brush bristles.
i try my best not to get pinstripes and brush/ sandpapering is straight unacceptable lol
with pinstripes I can say it's battle scar, but the same can't be said with brush bristles. oh and the mud washes off easily with pressure washer.

tbh with the amount of wheeling I do I can avoid pinstripes 90% of the time. that 10% of the time is either due to poor planning on my part or poor leading on my friend's part (aka, knowing trail gets narrow but don't tell me until I see it and it's too late to turn around)

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
well I crawled under the truck to see how bad the underside is:
1704585827749.png
1704585837830.png
1704585845418.png
1704585852847.png

Needless to say, when I finally power wash the underside I'll need to allocate another 2 hours cleaning up the ground too lol

I also recharged my Fox shocks nitrogen. I was touching bumpstop on the trail and the front felt way softer than before, and I found out I only had <150psi when they were shipped with 200psi. The rear because I'm running my offroad setting all the time (max out both knobs) I didn't really feel much difference between before checking and new. Well, the rears were at around 80psi only.
We charged all 4 corners to 225psi instead for better suspension response while going fast on dirt road and boy oh boy what a difference it makes! The fronts are stiffer with on road setting (not so plushy anymore) but it basically eliminates all the body roll. The rears are way too stiff for on road (using offroad settings) but I'm not going to go down on the ground to adjust them every time I hit the trail.

After we recharged it we did some parking lot entrance testing with my offroad mode:

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
well I crawled under the truck to see how bad the underside is:
View attachment 174101
View attachment 174102
View attachment 174103
View attachment 174104

Needless to say, when I finally power wash the underside I'll need to allocate another 2 hours cleaning up the ground too lol

I also recharged my Fox shocks nitrogen. I was touching bumpstop on the trail and the front felt way softer than before, and I found out I only had <150psi when they were shipped with 200psi. The rear because I'm running my offroad setting all the time (max out both knobs) I didn't really feel much difference between before checking and new. Well, the rears were at around 80psi only.
We charged all 4 corners to 225psi instead for better suspension response while going fast on dirt road and boy oh boy what a difference it makes! The fronts are stiffer with on road setting (not so plushy anymore) but it basically eliminates all the body roll. The rears are way too stiff for on road (using offroad settings) but I'm not going to go down on the ground to adjust them every time I hit the trail.

After we recharged it we did some parking lot entrance testing with my offroad mode:
That's not very dirty underneath.

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I gotta do mine soon, at 62k. Did you use any type of sealant on the bolts? Ive heard people doing it on the 5th gens but I never did it on my 4th gen.

I didn't open it up. Just drained and filled. No red flags to warrant it. I'll open it next time though.

raygun9

Reaction score
I didn't open it up. Just drained and filled. No red flags to warrant it. I'll open it next time though.
I meant on the drain and fill plug bolts.

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I meant on the drain and fill plug bolts.

Sorry I misunderstood. No I did not. They were good to go. I just cleaned them. The drain plug still had some type of thread lock on it and it tightened up good.

Users who are viewing this thread