5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mark Dodge Thread

DRL

Reaction score
Not sure pick you up is the correct term.

They will drive your truck to you.

There are a few cheap hotels within walking distance from MD. You will need a taxi to get from the airport to the hotel though.
Yea it sounds like a terminology thing. Perhaps they’ll pick you up from the local airport in their shuttle, but if you want further distance they will drive your truck to you up to 250 miles. That’s still a thing that I was offered recently.

jmrhodes212

Reaction score
Not sure pick you up is the correct term.

They will drive your truck to you.

There are a few cheap hotels within walking distance from MD. You will need a taxi to get from the airport to the hotel though.
Why not just have it shipped? Shipping is quite economical when you consider hotels, flights, gas, etc. I had my truck delivered to my door from 12 hours away for $600. That was much cheaper than flying there to get it.

Kumba1010

Reaction score
Why not just have it shipped? Shipping is quite economical when you consider hotels, flights, gas, etc. I had my truck delivered to my door from 12 hours away for $600. That was much cheaper than flying there to get it.
Yes, I think shipping will be more economical and less stressful. Mine will be shipped from MD next week likely.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Was much cheaper for me to drive home then shipping. hotel was around $70, plane ticket was $340, gas was under $500.

Shipping I believe was around $1800.

I flew in Friday night and drove home Saturday\Sunday so I didn't need to take time off of work either.

coldhammer

Reaction score
When I spoke to them yesterday to figure out my logistics, they said they'd pick me up in Houston, New Orleans, or anywhere within 250 miles, though they'd prefer to bring the truck to me there.

Kevinn

Reaction score
I'm almost complete through the process of having my truck shipped but I did want to post, only to add to the numerous other positive stories, that the process with Mark Dodge has been nothing shy of exactly how purchasing a vehicle should be. Never mind it being a remote purchase.
From Sandy, to Roberty, to now Debra, everyone has been so easy to deal with.
I've never purchased a vehicle where it was this easy, and didn't max out my blood pressure. Until now.
Very simple put, there's just no games played by them.
If you're reading this thread to find out if you should think twice about going with MD, you shouldn't. Read the other posts here.
There are a very few dealerships here on the forums that will give you great pricing, so I don't want to take away from the others, but to have such a seamless purchase is far and few between.
I just have to say thanks to MD for hitting the nail on the head with every step of a vehicle purchase. I've been working on the boss to buy a new grand cherokee for awhile now, hopefully soon MD will be making that order happen when she comes around.

Last edited:

motstock

Reaction score
Just wondering about how long the shipping process was for you to get to MD? my truck just shipped on the 24th and they say estimated delivery is March 20. Wondering if your experience was about that 4 week mark?

AcidMaxx

Reaction score
Just wondering about how long the shipping process was for you to get to MD? my truck just shipped on the 24th and they say estimated delivery is March 20. Wondering if your experience was about that 4 week mark?
About 3 weeks for me.

mike146

Reaction score

Last year it was about 3 weeks from window sticker to Mark Dodge lot.

Kumba1010

Reaction score
Mine was shipped 01/10/23 (according to tracker), and it got to MD 01/25/23

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
last year mine set at the lot in SHAP for almost a month with no proper ETA and then out of nowhere it was delivered to MD. so i'd say about 3-4 weeks is the proper guestimate.

motstock

Reaction score
last year mine set at the lot in SHAP for almost a month with no proper ETA and then out of nowhere it was delivered to MD. so i'd say about 3-4 weeks is the proper guestimate.
thanks everyone, that’s helps. we booked tickets to fly in to get it about a week after the scheduled arrival date so hopefully its close to the scheduled date.

the_glassman

Reaction score
For the most part I had a fantastic experience with Mark Dodge while purchasing my vehicle. My only disappointments were they didn’t include a front plate adapter for my truck since it required for my state and I paid for the cold weather package that was supposed to include the chord for the block heater and the grille cover. After multiple attempts to reach out to them on it and not being able to find it anywhere in my truck I guess I’ll have to resort to purchasing one locally.

Kevinn

Reaction score
For the most part I had a fantastic experience with Mark Dodge while purchasing my vehicle. My only disappointments were they didn’t include a front plate adapter for my truck since it required for my state and I paid for the cold weather package that was supposed to include the chord for the block heater and the grille cover. After multiple attempts to reach out to them on it and not being able to find it anywhere in my truck I guess I’ll have to resort to purchasing one locally.
It was the same case with me on the front plate, but one phone call to Otis and he had it shipped the next day. Otis handled me after the shipper picked up the truck.
It was kind of confusing at first having a new person to deal with every step of the process, but I think with the volume they deal with it's probably the best practice for them to ensure everything is correct. I'm still waiting on a check from them for the overpayment of registration fees. That's something I thought was going to be a nightmare, but they made me take a picture of my registration to prove what I paid and gave the exact number I had figured was an overpayment then said a check would be issued.

It's possible that you just arent contacting the correct person in the process regarding your cord. They really are not about playing games and really sound like they want us customers to be happy. If Otis was the one who handled you last, try him.

Klink

Reaction score
It was the same case with me on the front plate, but one phone call to Otis and he had it shipped the next day. Otis handled me after the shipper picked up the truck.
It was kind of confusing at first having a new person to deal with every step of the process, but I think with the volume they deal with it's probably the best practice for them to ensure everything is correct. I'm still waiting on a check from them for the overpayment of registration fees. That's something I thought was going to be a nightmare, but they made me take a picture of my registration to prove what I paid and gave the exact number I had figured was an overpayment then said a check would be issued.

It's possible that you just arent contacting the correct person in the process regarding your cord. They really are not about playing games and really sound like they want us customers to be happy. If Otis was the one who handled you last, try him.
I had the same experience with the overpayment at DMV here in Missouri. I sent them a picture and they immediately cut a check and sent it my way. Those people are absolutely amazing, especially given the volume of trucks they are selling.

motstock

Reaction score
A trip through Kentucky would cause me to spend all the money saved at Mark Dodge....
LOL, I know the feeling. I just need to manage myself while i’m there. I don’t much more.

Attachments

• 04C8F1B8-BFB9-459E-965E-5C6668735026.jpeg
    04C8F1B8-BFB9-459E-965E-5C6668735026.jpeg
    135.2 KB · Views: 45

Users who are viewing this thread