5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mark Dodge Thread

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just want to contribute to how crazy (sorry for the lack of words) this is.

I discovered MD back in March when I was casually researching the truck since my boss (also my close friend) at the mechanic shop worked for a Chrysler dealer for almost 20 years before opening his own shop can't stop saying good things about Ram/ Dodge/ Jeep. I told him about MD and he went and ordered a TRX in April. I then lurked around and kept driving my 5th gen 4Runner until recently I've decided I need more power, so then I placed my order for my Hydro Blue Rebel with Sandi last week (6/29).

Email communicating with Sandi was smooth and she was very patient with me, even when I asked a few dumb questions. The whole contact to order only took a day, and after I wired the deposit I realized they made a mistake by double charging me for the 12" screen. I ordered Rebel 12 package, which includes the screen, but on my order sheet there was also another 12" screen listed. Emailed Sandi about it and she got it fixed the next day.

Received my VIN on 6/30, but Sandi also informed me to expect up to 90 days with no movement. This is perfect because I'm not entirely ready to let go of the 4runner yet, and I still need time to remove some of the stuff to transfer to the new truck. Well, if anyone knows someone in SoCal looking for a turn-key trail/ desert/ overlanding/ camping 4Runner (Front bumper, full skid, full Kings, Full roof rack, ARB Snorkel, various MOLLE panels, and 4.56 gearing), please send them my way!

Here's my order:
Ram1500 Rebel w/ Hemi + e-torque (Sandi told me hemi by itself is no longer available to order)
Hydro Blue
Rebel 12
Level 2
Trailer Brake Control
33 Gallon Tank

Also, just realized this past weekend, my friend had sent over 10 of his friends over to MD for Jeeps (rubi or gladiator rubis) since I told him about them back in March. Should I ask Sandi for some more discounts? ;)

Dunga

Reaction score
Just want to contribute to how crazy (sorry for the lack of words) this is.

I discovered MD back in March when I was casually researching the truck since my boss (also my close friend) at the mechanic shop worked for a Chrysler dealer for almost 20 years before opening his own shop can't stop saying good things about Ram/ Dodge/ Jeep. I told him about MD and he went and ordered a TRX in April. I then lurked around and kept driving my 5th gen 4Runner until recently I've decided I need more power, so then I placed my order for my Hydro Blue Rebel with Sandi last week (6/29).

Email communicating with Sandi was smooth and she was very patient with me, even when I asked a few dumb questions. The whole contact to order only took a day, and after I wired the deposit I realized they made a mistake by double charging me for the 12" screen. I ordered Rebel 12 package, which includes the screen, but on my order sheet there was also another 12" screen listed. Emailed Sandi about it and she got it fixed the next day.

Received my VIN on 6/30, but Sandi also informed me to expect up to 90 days with no movement. This is perfect because I'm not entirely ready to let go of the 4runner yet, and I still need time to remove some of the stuff to transfer to the new truck. Well, if anyone knows someone in SoCal looking for a turn-key trail/ desert/ overlanding/ camping 4Runner (Front bumper, full skid, full Kings, Full roof rack, ARB Snorkel, various MOLLE panels, and 4.56 gearing), please send them my way!

Here's my order:
Ram1500 Rebel w/ Hemi + e-torque (Sandi told me hemi by itself is no longer available to order)
Hydro Blue
Rebel 12
Level 2
Trailer Brake Control
33 Gallon Tank

Also, just realized this past weekend, my friend had sent over 10 of his friends over to MD for Jeeps (rubi or gladiator rubis) since I told him about them back in March. Should I ask Sandi for some more discounts? ;)
Congrats on the order. I was expecting no movement for 30-60 days but my truck shipped in 3.5 weeks! You never know. My best friend is talking to Sandi about ordering a Laramie to replace his older Silverado he uses to tow a horse trailer with. He went to a local dealer to drive a similar truck and loved it. Tried to see if they’ll deal but got nowhere so he’s gonna place an order with MD. My neighbor got Sandi’s info as well. I tried to get my brother in law to get one but he doesn’t like Rams.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Congrats on the order. I was expecting no movement for 30-60 days but my truck shipped in 3.5 weeks! You never know. My best friend is talking to Sandi about ordering a Laramie to replace his older Silverado he uses to tow a horse trailer with. He went to a local dealer to drive a similar truck and loved it. Tried to see if they’ll deal but got nowhere so he’s gonna place an order with MD. My neighbor got Sandi’s info as well. I tried to get my brother in law to get one but he doesn’t like Rams.
my local dealers were asking me to go in for test drive and talk numbers. I just respond with "im doing a factory order and unless yall can do 12% under msrp let's not waste each other's time"
They told me it's impossible and MSRP is the lowest that anyone will do, so i went ahead and placed an order with Sandi.
Out of boredom while on my lunch break, i then send them a screenshot of my order sheet with pricing included to show them it's for sure doable. they were unhappy that i took my business out of state lol

im really hoping it takes a bit longer because i do need time to remove lights, tent, and switch-pro and put the 4runner on sale, but at the same time i can't wait to get the truck. so torn lol

Dunga

Reaction score
my local dealers were asking me to go in for test drive and talk numbers. I just respond with "im doing a factory order and unless yall can do 12% under msrp let's not waste each other's time"
They told me it's impossible and MSRP is the lowest that anyone will do, so i went ahead and placed an order with Sandi.
Out of boredom while on my lunch break, i then send them a screenshot of my order sheet with pricing included to show them it's for sure doable. they were unhappy that i took my business out of state lol

im really hoping it takes a bit longer because i do need time to remove lights, tent, and switch-pro and put the 4runner on sale, but at the same time i can't wait to get the truck. so torn lol
I hear ya! I was planning on the truck coming August/September and was gonna fly out with the wife to Lake Charles to pick her up and spend a couple nights in New Orleans. As it looks now, it will be arriving toward the end of July and I won't have any time to do that unfortunately. So we will likely ship it. I will still end up saving at least $8 grand off local dealer with the shipping costs factored in.

I love that you actually sent them the invoice for your truck. My wife was giving me crap for shopping out of state and not supporting local business. I told her it's not a question of a $100. It's thousands of dollars. And the local dealers weren't budging. With MD you don't have to try and negotiate and they're not playing any games. This is the build sheet. This is the pricing breakdown. This is what we will charge you. Done!

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Local dealers are becoming nothing more than MD test drive sites. Pretty soon to do a test drive you will have to sign an affidavit that you won't buy from MD! :LOL:

cleigh

Reaction score
Local dealers are becoming nothing more than MD test drive sites. Pretty soon to do a test drive you will have to sign an affidavit that you won't buy from MD! :LOL:

That's the truth! I did something similar... did a test drive (and wasn't impressed how the local dealer communicated in all caps in texts and emails). Got my quotes from Mark Dodge and Granger Motors, and sent the MD one to my local guy. He called me immediately and was very confused. I sent him the quote, he's convinced they'll mark it up somewhere along the line. Nope! He told me to go ahead and buy elsewhere, so I did.

Meanwhile - the local dealer's service dept sent me a lovely email that they're sorry I'm not buying there, but they'd LOVE to be my service destination once I get my truck.

ManchuWarrior

Reaction score
In the Raleigh, NC area all the Ram dealers are MSRP or they didn't respond to me. Insane to see sales people ignore a customer. Terrible local experience. HQ needs to send out fake buyers to see how the customer experience is. So much wasted potential.

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's the truth! I did something similar... did a test drive (and wasn't impressed how the local dealer communicated in all caps in texts and emails). Got my quotes from Mark Dodge and Granger Motors, and sent the MD one to my local guy. He called me immediately and was very confused. I sent him the quote, he's convinced they'll mark it up somewhere along the line. Nope! He told me to go ahead and buy elsewhere, so I did.

Meanwhile - the local dealer's service dept sent me a lovely email that they're sorry I'm not buying there, but they'd LOVE to be my service destination once I get my truck.

I actully will get mine serviced at my local dealer because I've had a long and positive history with them. Had I not come to this forum, I'd probably never have known you could get deals like MD does because I am not a haggler. That's what appealed to me about MD. I sent them the build sheet and Aaron came back with a price that floored me. I didn't take it to the local dealer because I knew they couldn't match it. I kind of dreaded showing up in my new truck for service there, but "fortunately," the family that had owned it forever sold late last year and though the service department stayed pretty much the same (including a good friend of mine,) the sales force and management is all new. The sales guys I'd dealt with were all nice and professional but they would not budge on price beyond the corporate incentives.

The new owners seem to want to get established in the community and I've thought about telling them about my MD experience. Like many on here, if they'd have come ball-park close, I probably would have stayed local, but we're talking $8-10K difference.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I hear ya! I was planning on the truck coming August/September and was gonna fly out with the wife to Lake Charles to pick her up and spend a couple nights in New Orleans. As it looks now, it will be arriving toward the end of July and I won't have any time to do that unfortunately. So we will likely ship it. I will still end up saving at least $8 grand off local dealer with the shipping costs factored in.

I love that you actually sent them the invoice for your truck. My wife was giving me crap for shopping out of state and not supporting local business. I told her it's not a question of a $100. It's thousands of dollars. And the local dealers weren't budging. With MD you don't have to try and negotiate and they're not playing any games. This is the build sheet. This is the pricing breakdown. This is what we will charge you. Done!
i sent them an invoice just to spite them tbh lol.
like i said, i was bored :ROFLMAO:

J2048B

Reaction score

We were going to have ours shipped, no one would pick it up, so we flew and drove back to cali. $500 in fuel 1 tank of def, 1 hotel stay for $89, and a ton of snacks….. id rather save that money….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dunga

Reaction score
We were going to have ours shipped, no one would pick it up, so we flew and drove back to cali. $500 in fuel 1 tank of def, 1 hotel stay for $89, and a ton of snacks….. id rather save that money….

I know. I just don’t have any time off. I will have to fly there if I get no takers on the shipping.

Derek916

Reaction score

How much did you offer?

Dunga

Reaction score
Btw speaking of local dealers, here’s this gem I found. That LoJack was another mandatory thing they put on for $750.

Dunga

Reaction score
I just wish I could get some certainty as to when the truck will arrive. I can then arrange for coverage at work and book the flight. I have some United certificates that are due to expire end of the year so my flight is actually gonna be free. I would land at 3:30 pm and hope to be on the road by 5-5:30 pm. 200 miles to Shreveport and call it a day. Then start bright and early the next day for a 1,000 mile trip to Minnesota.

Users who are viewing this thread