5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Feeling the road through the gas pedal?

Ramzy

Reaction score
I guess I don't have a better way to describe this but lately I have been feeling the road or slight vibrations through the gas pedal. At first I thought it was the music or whatnot but with everything turned off I could definitely still feel it. Just makes the ride feel less smooth to me. Anyone have a similar issue or knows what I'm talking about?
I know what your talking about. It’s different than what most are describing. It’s a constant road/engine vibration. Very noticeable when cruising at any speed. My truck was smooth and without this issue until the dealer replaced my accelerator do to a squeak.
did you ever get it fixed? Dealer says it’s normal. I say how is it normal when my first pedal was smooth and without vibration?

ldoh

Reaction score
I can feel but only during Eco mode. I would guess FCA didn't do adequate vibration analysis prior to designing the pedal and so the powertrain resonates though the throttle pedal. If so, it seems like an easy fix.

Last edited:

Ramzy

Reaction score
Well left the truck at the dealer for a day and the engineer said everything was normal. I ask if he checked anything or just drove it. The service manager said “why would he check anything if it’s normal “. I made the manager check the gas pedal screw because I saw some metal shavings on the floor and sure enough the screw was stripped. So the re-threaded and put a new screw in. It did not fix the vibration. But the engineer was worthless. It seems like the longer I have the truck the more the road vibration comes through the steering wheel and gas pedal. I’ve have the truck at the dealer 18 times in the last year and I just don’t want to deal with it anymore. I’m seriously thinking of ditching the piece of crap and getting something different

Smbikes413

Reaction score
I know what your talking about. It’s different than what most are describing. It’s a constant road/engine vibration. Very noticeable when cruising at any speed. My truck was smooth and without this issue until the dealer replaced my accelerator do to a squeak.
did you ever get it fixed? Dealer says it’s normal. I say how is it normal when my first pedal was smooth and without vibration?
I have a brand new 2020 limited I’ve felt vibrations since day 1. I feel it in the whole truck but the vibration in the gas pedal is something I’ve never felt in a truck before. Truck starts shaking at 30 mph and does it steady until over 60mph. Brought it to dealer 3 days after buying it, 4 new tires put on. My problem is in the power train for sure, whether it’s mds, torque converter. Feels like it’s something rotational out of balance. It’s not severe but noticeable. 67k yes standards are rightfully high

Reaction score
Both of my 2019 cummins 2500's have had the same vibration through the pedal and steering wheel. For me, it's at 76mph. Annoying as hell. Let me just say that ram "care" is an absolute joke. If you want it fixed, you'll have to do it yourself. Just refer to my original post with the megacab body mount rattle. I've spoken to almost a dozen folks over the phone, from all over the country. NOT ONE dealer or "engineer" has come up with a solution for the ****ty mount they use on the rear on the body. I'm going to buy two mounts myself and fill them with epoxy resin. Make 'em solid and they can't rattle. Love the truck otherwise. The buzz in the pedal? Start throwing more isolators on the frame for the harmonics. Or wear thicker socks.

kiesey

Reaction score
Brand new 80k 2020 Ram Rebel with Ecodiesel and yes, I feel vibrations in the petal and the wheel. I even get up and down movement in the steering wheel. After reading this thread I am frightened to have a dealer do anything to it. Have there been any fixes? Any solutions? Bump to the top! Oh yes, 640km on the truck

Sagarlpu

Reaction score
I guess I don't have a better way to describe this but lately I have been feeling the road or slight vibrations through the gas pedal. At first I thought it was the music or whatnot but with everything turned off I could definitely still feel it. Just makes the ride feel less smooth to me. Anyone have a similar issue or knows what I'm talking about?
Hey was this issue ever solved ? Did anyone find out why was this happening ?

Lil'Mike

Reaction score
Brand new 80k 2020 Ram Rebel with Ecodiesel and yes, I feel vibrations in the petal and the wheel. I even get up and down movement in the steering wheel. After reading this thread I am frightened to have a dealer do anything to it. Have there been any fixes? Any solutions? Bump to the top! Oh yes, 640km on the truck
My 3.6L Ram does this as well. I did not vibrate when purchased, but developed after a couple thousand miles. It vibrates in the same 1800-2100 range reported in this thread. Gas pedal, floor, steering wheel, drivers seat. I’ve measured a 6db increase in cabin noise when this occurs.

FifthRamHemi

Reaction score
Not to necro an old thread but 2019 hemi and I get it a vibration in pedal at lower rpm acceleration. I thought I was imagining it at first but I'm noticing it a lot recently and decided to googled about it and this thread came up. The temps here have dropped to 20s-40s so if the cold weather thing is true that might be it but it feels like it started after a recent trip to dealer for oil change and radio update.

Lil'Mike

Reaction score
I’m told all V6 models vibrate and the uncomfortable vibrations felt through the steering wheel and pedal are normal and the vehicle is operating as designed. After two FCA Customer Care cases, no one has cared and tried to help resolve the problem. Good luck to those that are still trying to find a solution.

Last edited:

Kezza

Reaction score
I’m told all V6 models vibrate and the uncomfortable vibrations felt through the steering wheel and pedal are normal and the vehicle is operating as designed. After to FCA Customer Care cases, no one has cared and tried to help resolve the problem. Good luck to those that are still trying to find a solution.
I have a brand new DT 1500 Longhorn with the 5.7 ltr v8 with etork only done 1800km, mine has been converted to RHD but I also get this vibration through the accelerator pedal between 1 to 2000 rpm, it’s very annoying, I mentioned it to the service manager in its first service and when picking it he said it’s normal in vehicles with etork but I cannot accept this and something will need to be done
Anyone have any ideas how to fix this, other than this problem I love the truck

PoppaPig78

Reaction score
Same. Slight vibration in a few diff scenarios: ~1800-2000RPM then again at Freeway speeds. Dealer Mechanic confirmed the vibration feel (glad I'm not crazy) and confirmed it exists in multiple other trucks on the lot so it is reportedly a "non-problem".

Hopefully enough of us will complain that they will engineer and issue a solution!

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This just started happening to me at 10K miles. Slightest feedback in gas pedal. No noise, just slightest vibration in gas pedal only. Seems to be lower rpms. As a previous poster said, similar to 4 auto feeling.

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Why did I click this thread ....
This reminds me of the F-150 "I can feel my windshield wipers through the brake pedal" thread. You can't un-see this sh!t. Lol

Lil'Mike

Reaction score
I’m going to try and add the transfer case skid plate and add the frame dampers that were on the 4th gens to try and disrupt the vibration. Because I have the 3.6L, I don’t have the electronic frame dampers like the 5.7’s do.

Last edited:

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone have updates on this? It was as smooth as butter up until 10K miles. Now this little vibration is getting annoying. No sound, just vibration. I tried using the pedal adjuster to see if it was just adjusted in a bad spot. No change no matter what position I have the pedal in.

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Try a tire rotation, you might be surprised if it’s been a while since a rotation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for your suggestion. I've never rotated tires on any vehicle I've ever owned in 35 years, but this is my first Truck. I only have 10800 miles. Tires still look brand new.

Lil'Mike

Reaction score
I can guarantee it’s not the tires. If the vibration is at its worst around 2000 RPM under load, something in the engine/driveline is vibrating. Tomorrow I’m going to have my wife rev the truck to 2000 while I crawl underneath and check what’s vibrating. Hoping I find the culprit... The question will be is if I find anything can anything be done to stop it. Perhaps clamp on damper weights...

If I don’t respond back by Sunday then I was run over. Maybe that would be the better way to go then to deal with this vibration that FCA refuses to acknowledge or fix.

Users who are viewing this thread