5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

Rocsolid

Reaction score
I have ordered basically the same as you Dave with the eception of Tri Coat Pearl White, sports appearance package and 3.92 locking diff. I ordered for export to Australia via a 3rd party from Canada on the 5th october and still don't have the VIN although we expect it any day now. I wont see it until around April by the time it is converted to RHD.
Who in Aus did you order your RAM from ?

I ordered mine on the 26th of Aug and I just got my vin.

NikoSuave

Reaction score
I just took delivery in San Jose. It took about 3 weeks on the train.
How long did you end up sitting in the rail yard? My truck has been in the rail yard since Monday of last week (so a little over a week). It has had no movement and I have no other updates or ETA or anything.

It's 70 miles away and just sitting there for a week plus and I am very impatiently waiting.

Also thanks to everyone in here for the pop-up code.

Cochise

Reaction score
I've had my truck for about 3 weeks now and loving it. Its worth the wait. I'm glad I ordered mine as oppose to buying one of the ones I looked at.

Nfenton94086

Reaction score
How long did you end up sitting in the rail yard? My truck has been in the rail yard since Monday of last week (so a little over a week). It has had no movement and I have no other updates or ETA or anything.

It's 70 miles away and just sitting there for a week plus and I am very impatiently waiting.

Also thanks to everyone in here for the pop-up code.

I was only in the rail yard for about 5 days waiting to get loaded on a truck for delivery. It was pretty quick.

Im guessing they’re either backed up with deliveries for your dealer or they’re waiting for a full truck load.

fsjosh

Reaction score
I tried to read through the thread some, but there's a lot of info, and, as it's 2 years old, it seems some info might have changed over time.

But is the only way to get the VIN to get it from the dealer?

And I'm seeing time from order to VIN ranging from 2 days to months. What's a reasonable time to expect to be able to get that?

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I tried to read through the thread some, but there's a lot of info, and, as it's 2 years old, it seems some info might have changed over time.

And I'm seeing time from order to VIN ranging from 2 days to months. What's a reasonable time to expect to be able to get that?
Yes I think you need to get the vin from the dealer. Don’t think RAM can help unless you have the VON.

Nfenton94086

Reaction score

I think ram could technically give you the VIN if you have the VON. If you don’t have either of those you’ll need to talk with your dealer. They wouldn’t look up my order on anything but those.

How long has it been since you placed your order?

Total

Reaction score
I got my VIN through ram chat the day after I ordered with the dealer. Like other stated, you will need the VON for ram chat to look up your order and provide you the VIN.

fsjosh

Reaction score
I think ram could technically give you the VIN if you have the VON. If you don’t have either of those you’ll need to talk with your dealer. They wouldn’t look up my order on anything but those.

How long has it been since you placed your order?

It was either Tuesday or Wednesday. I don’t have anything but a pic of the config preview. Since it wasn’t the actual order sheet, the von is blank. I’m ordering directly through the owner of a dealership that my company has a business relationship with, so it’s probably proceeding differently than a typical order.

I’ll probably just have him send me a copy of the actual order sheet next week.

NikoSuave

Reaction score
I was only in the rail yard for about 5 days waiting to get loaded on a truck for delivery. It was pretty quick.

Im guessing they’re either backed up with deliveries for your dealer or they’re waiting for a full truck load.
Back up with deliveries I assume, considering they're listing online that they have 100+ 2021 1500's. When it's probably closer to like 10 if that.

They're a high volume dealer apparently. They're getting 5 TRX launch editions, can't wait to test drive one of those when they come in.

Kpat1984

Reaction score
Order 10/28. 2021 Laramie night edition. Just showed up at dealer 11/25. Pretty quick but waiting until next week to pick up

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They must have made a batch of the Laramie Night Editions. Mine showed up at the Dealer on the 24th.
"Birth" Date is 11/07
Signed the papers on the 25th, Will be picking up on the 1st. Had to get insurance on it and start the
Registration process. Hope to have my Vanity Plates before I leave state for the Holidays.

Malodave

jastevenson

Reaction score
When people say “birth date,” are they talking g about the 4 digit month-day code on the window sticker?

I assume that is the date the vehicle was actually built? Mine was on a Sunday, so I assume they run the factory 7 days a week.

Ryancassidy

Reaction score
They must have made a batch of the Laramie Night Editions. Mine showed up at the Dealer on the 24th.
"Birth" Date is 11/07
Signed the papers on the 25th, Will be picking up on the 1st. Had to get insurance on it and start the
Registration process. Hope to have my Vanity Plates before I leave state for the Holidays.

Malodave
Yeah agreed.. mine got to ATL today and I order about 28ish days ago... probably pick up later this week when dealer gets it and incentives r released.

NikoSuave

Reaction score
Ugh so jealous of everyone, ordered 9/21 and went to check what's going on today. It's been at the railyard since 11/16.
Today the sales manager found some code in tracking that said delay in progress or something along those lines that went active the day after it arrived in the railyard. Anyone have any inside knowledge on this?

For reference I live in southern California.

Last edited:

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ugh so jealous of everyone, ordered 9/21 and went to check what's going on today. It's been at the railyard since 11/16.
Today the sales manager found some code in tracking that said delay in progress or something along those lines that went active the day after it arrived in the railyard. Anyone have any inside knowledge on this?

Sounds like it was damaged in transit.

Malodave

Wch_chip

Reaction score

Ordered 9/4 and still hasn't shipped. So things could always be worse, assuming it wasn't damaged in transit.

AK103

Reaction score
My ram is in the interior phase per ram chat.
How far out to delivery does that sound?

Nfenton94086

Reaction score
My ram is in the interior phase per ram chat.
How far out to delivery does that sound?
Not sure what that phase is but it sounds like a phase in the build process. The build usually takes a day or two. The build seems like the fastest thing in the whole process of ordering a truck lol.

It’s hard to say how long until delivery. Depends on what things need to get put on in the mopar shop (running boards, bed liner, moldings, etc...). That could take a couple days if all things go as planned. Hope for no inspection holds. Then you’ll be loaded onto a train.

Users who are viewing this thread