5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bed Step

Amazing93

Reaction score
I installed the mopar step with a borla exhaust no issues and no hitting g anything really well build and hardly noticeable when it's tucked up. I highly recommend it. Took 20 min to install.

Stevenc150

Reaction score
Ordered and got mine from them. Mine hits the resonator when it retracts. Had to shave some material off of step. Alter the bump stop on step. Then 3 washers for each bolt. Now it clears. Not sure why there is a problem when factory says that it fits. Spring seems to have too much tension for retraction.
I had to do the same...except mine came from the factory hitting :cautious: Thing sounded like a gong everytime it retracted lol

Last edited:

Kooch80

Reaction score
Mine does not hit either. i made sure it was the newest version at the time i bought it (ending with AG). looking on amazon and other sites they were selling older versions.

J Garcia

Reaction score
I purchased a 2020 2500 megacab limited took delivery a month ago and it was supposed to come with a bed step but when I picked it up the bed step was missing. The dealer told me there is some sort of recall on the factory bed step and that is the reason they have not installed it yet He assures me that they will install the bed step. However it’s been a month and not bed step yet

hopefully I will see my bed step soon

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I purchased a 2020 2500 megacab limited took delivery a month ago and it was supposed to come with a bed step but when I picked it up the bed step was missing. The dealer told me there is some sort of recall on the factory bed step and that is the reason they have not installed it yet He assures me that they will install the bed step. However it’s been a month and not bed step yet

hopefully I will see my bed step soon

We are working on getting the parts available to add the bed step back on. Once there are parts, you will get a letter in the mail letting you know.

Kaitlin
Ram Cares

drjbeyer

Reaction score
Any update on this bed step part? I have been waiting over 2 months now since taking delivery of my 2019 2500 with the bed step removed...

Rickyrocket

Reaction score
When I bought my truck on 5/18,the dealer removed the step saying it was recalled? Haven't seen a replacement yet

RamCares

Reaction score
When I bought my truck on 5/18,the dealer removed the step saying it was recalled? Haven't seen a replacement yet
You will receive a letter in the mail once it is available.
If you send your VIN I can look into it further.

Kaitlin
Ram Cares

MF2020

Reaction score
You will receive a letter in the mail once it is available.
If you send your VIN I can look into it further.

Kaitlin
Ram Cares
I already have the new rear corner bedstep for the 2020 limited and just placed an order for the rear center bedstep for the MFTG. I was told there will be a wait for this item. Can you tell me 1) Can both bed steps be installed at the same time on my vehicle? 2) when will Ram be shipping the Center Bed step for the MFTG?

MF2020

Reaction score
Center Bed Step for my 2020 Limited with MFTG has arrived! I already have the rear corner bed step so we will soon see if both can be installed together soon. IMG_0193.jpg

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Center Bed Step for my 2020 Limited with MFTG has arrived! I already have the rear corner bed step so we will soon see if both can be installed together soon.
I thought about getting this step, but I found that it's not really needed for me. I just step on the bumper when I open the MFT. Seems to me that another step is just complicating things LOL. Maybe if the air suspension was in one of the off-road positions, but since we always park the truck in the entry/exit position it hasn't been an issue so far for me. Anyway, looking forward to seeing how it looks once it's installed.

barakalesso

Reaction score
I’m looking to install a bed step. I’m seeing the Mopar, AMP, and Bestop. Any recommendations? Any other that I should consider? How easy are they to install by myself? I’m not a mechanic, I tend to stumble through DIY projects. Thanks!
Nox Vidmate VLC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I also highly recommend the Mopar step. It cost more but is worth it.

Jako

Reaction score
I’m looking to install a bed step. I’m seeing the Mopar, AMP, and Bestop. Any recommendations? Any other that I should consider? How easy are they to install by myself? I’m not a mechanic, I tend to stumble through DIY projects. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not that difficult to install but the torque setting for the nut/bolt is high and does require some "muscle" if laying on
your back under the truck for the install.

Users who are viewing this thread