5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cross Path/Back up senor headache

Gen3CoupeTX

Reaction score
My truck had that option, which I didn't necessarily want. It's never worked though, four trips to the dealer later. Error message (says it needs service) on my cluster since the day I brought it home. This thread makes me think I might regret making it work. Ironic that the option I reluctantly took since the truck had everything else I wanted has made me a regular visitor to the dealer. It's punishing me for not wanting it ...

smiles5619

Reaction score
Well end up happening to me today. I went to back into my driveway and BAM! Brake indicator came on the screen and I was at a halt....ON A SECONDARY Highway. No traffic thank god but man it was scary. This could not end well if a car were coming, etc. Guess I'll be shutting this "safety feature" off.

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Mine is just back from the dealer after having the usb hub replaced for CarPlay issues and the rear brake assist problem (applying brake for no reason). They told me they replaced a module that controls rear brake assist. Since it doesn’t do it all the time I’m not sure if it corrected the problem (yet) only time will tell. I’ll keep you posted. I’m glad they were proactive in doing it though.

Gen3CoupeTX

Reaction score
I've yet to have the auto-braking problem, but did manage to get my Blind Spot / Cross Path system functional after its 5th visit to Service this week. Turns out one of the LED brake lights had been swapped (no idea why) for one that didn't have the sensor / module in it. That would explain non-functionality, lack of communications.

Oxbow9

Reaction score
What option introduces the brake assist function? Blind spot / cross path or other?

Biscuitz23

Reaction score
I've had this problem before and it sort of freaked me out where I back up into a parking spot and it's detecting I was going to hit the curb? I assume? It was sort of weird. It activated the auto brake but it also could be the speed that I was entering in. I wasn't going fast but wasn't just crawling a turtle in. I noticed if I slowly crawl in then it's no problem.

DM-SC

Reaction score
So, I just experienced the worst Fake BRAKE! so far, while backing into my driveway this afternoon. It stopped me twice.

The curb wasn't the issue.

I just deactivated the braking portion in the settings.
7ecefdc9a92bfc1e91298670c7ae29f4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

REBEL 2.0

Reaction score
I am sure the engineers design these systems to air on the side of caution. What would happen if someone was backing up and ‘’ya man it stopped when a 7 year old ran behind me ‘’ then hit a toddler. What kind of s*** hitting the fan would that be. I no this doesn’t help the people who’s trucks are wackadodle

Users who are viewing this thread