5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zero offset?

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m looking at a wheel that only comes in zero offset (stock is +19) for a 22 x 9.5 size. I have factory fender flares and I’m thinking I should be ok. 19mm is about 3/4”, which is probably barely noticeable. Am I right? I’m keeping stock wheel size 22 x 9.5 and stock tire size 285 R45/22.

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Well, after seeing all those pics, zero offset won’t work for me. I do not want the tire outside the wheel well. I’ve had a slight poke before on a previous truck and my truck was impossible to keep clean. Constant spray all over the sides every time you drove through even the slightest amount of water. I didn’t figure 3/4” would make it stick out that far. I figured it would be flush or just a little on the inside.

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well, after seeing all those pics, zero offset won’t work for me. I do not want the tire outside the wheel well. I’ve had a slight poke before on a previous truck and my truck was impossible to keep clean. Constant spray all over the sides every time you drove through even the slightest amount of water. I didn’t figure 3/4” would make it stick out that far. I figured it would be flush or just a little on the inside.
Yeah anything close to flush will spray the vehicle.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Depending on your mud flaps you might be able to get away with it, but I get spray all over mine with OEM Rebel flaps.

This is running through a mud puddle on the street. 18x9 +0 wheels with the OEM 275/70R18 Duratracs.
1713995584657.png

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I don't see why 0 offset would be that bad. My winter wheels are +1 and I don't get any more spray than with the stocks. I do have Weathertech splash guards, so I'm sure that helps some.

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I spoke with one wheel manufacturer and they said they usually use a 10” wheel with a +5 offset on the Rams to keep it pretty close the edge without any poke.

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m just really surprised that 3/4” makes that much difference. It looks like my stock wheels and tires sit well within the fender. Oh well, another year of searching I guess. I swear, I think I’ve seen every wheel manufactured and still can’t find anything I like that will fit. I finally found something and it won’t work. The only other option it to have some made. At $1k per wheel, that ain’t happening.

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m just really surprised that 3/4” makes that much difference. It looks like my stock wheels and tires sit well within the fender. Oh well, another year of searching I guess. I swear, I think I’ve seen every wheel manufactured and still can’t find anything I like that will fit. I finally found something and it won’t work. The only other option it to have some made. At $1k per wheel, that ain’t happening.
Post up the wheels then since you're not getting them :ROFLMAO:

mrclortho

Reaction score
Zero offset with 35x13.5 wide "fat" tires with 9" wide wheels...they poke just a little with no fender flares. For 9.5" wheels, add 0.25" more poke.

ram05.jpg

ram10.jpg

ram07 (2).jpg

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Depending on your mud flaps you might be able to get away with it, but I get spray all over mine with OEM Rebel flaps.

This is running through a mud puddle on the street. 18x9 +0 wheels with the OEM 275/70R18 Duratracs.
View attachment 181842
I’ve got +1 wheels (295 wide tires), and that picture pretty much sums up how much truck looks after a forest service road, or even a dirt parking lot after a little rain.

I think +12 would have been ideal for me.

I do like the way 0/1 looks, though.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’ve got +1 wheels (295 wide tires), and that picture pretty much sums up how much truck looks after a forest service road, or even a dirt parking lot after a little rain.

I think +12 would have been ideal for me.

I do like the way 0/1 looks, though.
Yeah I have even wider tires now, and love the look. Don't mind my truck being dirty, but if someone (OP) is concerned about road stuff getting thrown up on the truck 0 offset will definitely do that if you don't run big mud flaps. I have gone back and run clear protective film behind the tires to make sure rocks don't scratch the paint.

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nice looking wheel, but for me kind of plain and basic. What about the 10 wide +5 you mentioned or any plus offset. With being lowered what's the required BS?

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah I have even wider tires now, and love the look. Don't mind my truck being dirty, but if someone (OP) is concerned about road stuff getting thrown up on the truck 0 offset will definitely do that if you don't run big mud flaps. I have gone back and run clear protective film behind the tires to make sure rocks don't scratch the paint.
Fortunately, I put PPF on right after I got the truck. I've got it on the rockers up to the crease (bottom six inches or so) on the sides and doors, from the front wheel well to the end of the bed. That's in addition to the full hood, A-pillars, and a few other spots, but it's the bottom part of the sides that's relevant to the this wheels and tires discussion.

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nice looking wheel, but for me kind of plain and basic. What about the 10 wide +5 you mentioned or any plus offset. With being lowered what's the required BS?

I like the basic wheel look. Not all busy and frilly looking, and much easier to clean. The 10” +5 is the $1K per wheel one with a 8 to 10 week lead time. You order it and then they manufacturer it. The VFT-6 can be made however you want. You choose the specs and they punch it in a computer and the machine makes it. Thus the $1K price tag. Lowering doesn’t really require anything specific when it comes to wheels. You just have to keep the complete wheel/tire combo diameter within a certain range. There is another wheel I could get that I like, but it would require me to go to a 24” wheel which would require a lower profile tire. I’m not willing to do that. Lower profile is louder, runs hotter, gives less protection to the wheel and rides rougher. Don’t get me wrong, 24’s look great, I’m just not going that route.

IMG_0139.jpeg

Last edited:

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Gotcha! Yeah that $1k per wheel is crazy. Keep shopping I would say for sure. Nothing on customoffset you seen?

Users who are viewing this thread