5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Yet another lowering topic!

Truckone176

Reaction score
Ok, I've read and re-read all of the lowering threads that I could find concerning a 2021 1500 Laramie. My truck does have the factory 22" wheels so the Belltech spindles will not work, but I would consider swapping out the wheel bearings if the drop spindles are that much better or a lowering route. I was also considering the Maxtrac kit with the adjustable upper control arms just to get the alignment within factory specs. As far a the rear, I would assume that coils and shocks with an adjustable panhard bar is the route to go and that either company are about the same? So the biggest question after all of this, would it be worth changing the wheel bearings out to get the spindle lowering kit, or use the Maxtrac kit as I do not want all of the trouble that seems to be with the Belltech kit. All in all, I want a 2/4 lowering.

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you are willing to spend the money on new 20” wheel hubs, then the Belltech spindles will be the best way to lower the front. No other mods required and should retain factory ride. If not, the Maxtrac parts are pretty good. The UCA’s are not adjustable though. They are used to correct camber when using their kit. Which way you want to go really depends on what you want to spend and your preferences. I didn’t go with the Belltech spindles and new hubs due to cost. It was about $300 more. The rear is pretty basic. Springs, shocks, pan hard bar, 4-link relocation brackets (if you want to), adjustable sway-bar links, helper bags (if you tow), etc. I went with Timber Grove CRM‘s with auto leveling instead of springs and helper bags.

Truckone176

Reaction score
If you are willing to spend the money on new 20” wheel hubs, then the Belltech spindles will be the best way to lower the front. No other mods required and should retain factory ride. If not, the Maxtrac parts are pretty good. The UCA’s are not adjustable though. They are used to correct camber when using their kit. Which way you want to go really depends on what you want to spend and your preferences. I didn’t go with the Belltech spindles and new hubs due to cost. It was about $300 more. The rear is pretty basic. Springs, shocks, pan hard bar, 4-link relocation brackets (if you want to), adjustable sway-bar links, helper bags (if you tow), etc. I went with Timber Grove CRM‘s with auto leveling instead of springs and helper bags.
Thanks for the reply, a question about the 4-link relocation brackets, is that a necessity?

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No. A lot of people do not do it. It’s mainly used to correct pinion angle on 3/5 drops. I didn’t like the angle my rear control arms sat at. The brackets correct this and put them back where they should be.

From their website:

2019-2021 RAM 1500 4 LINK RELOCATION BRACKET (CUT KIT)
  • Recenter rear axle
  • Prevents from doing a notch
  • NO bottoming out
  • Allow more axle to frame clearance
  • Prevents high speed swaying
  • Corrects pinion angle

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Another thing to think about is down the road, if you go with the spindles, you can just replace the worn out struts with stock or stock replacements instead of having to stick with a lowering strut. But, if you ever have to replace the hubs you will need to remember to not order the ones for your truck. Not really a big deal, just something to think about.

Users who are viewing this thread