5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

XM Radio Cannot find GPS Signal at Startup

rrbhokies

Reaction score
Quite a few mornings lately, when I first start the truck, the XM station that I was last listening to on my 12" screen will show that it cannot find a GPS signal. It will stay that way until I change the channel. As soon as I change the channel the radio starts playing normally and I can even go right back to the station that was causing the issue when I first started the truck. Given all the other issues with this truck, it's a minor annoyance, but one never the less I though I would share. And to be certain, I'm not talking about the wi-fi stations. I'm talking about the regular satellite stations. For example, if I was listening to 80's on 8 when I turned off the truck, when I get back in and start the truck the next day, the station will appear but no sound and the message that it can't find a signal. Only started doing this about a month ago, but it happens with fairly regular frequency now. Just curious if anyone else has encountered this.

barr0208

Reaction score
I don't have the 12 inch screen but there have been many issues with it. I would check for any tsbs on the radio it is definitely not working properly take it to your dealer.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Quite a few mornings lately, when I first start the truck, the XM station that I was last listening to on my 12" screen will show that it cannot find a GPS signal. It will stay that way until I change the channel. As soon as I change the channel the radio starts playing normally and I can even go right back to the station that was causing the issue when I first started the truck. Given all the other issues with this truck, it's a minor annoyance, but one never the less I though I would share. And to be certain, I'm not talking about the wi-fi stations. I'm talking about the regular satellite stations. For example, if I was listening to 80's on 8 when I turned off the truck, when I get back in and start the truck the next day, the station will appear but no sound and the message that it can't find a signal. Only started doing this about a month ago, but it happens with fairly regular frequency now. Just curious if anyone else has encountered this.

Hi rrbhokies,

I certainly understand why this would be concerning and I do apologize for the trouble you are experiencing. If you work with your dealer on this, please know that we would be more than happy to provide you with an additional layer of support for that process. Our team is just a PM away.

Mark
RamCares

rrbhokies

Reaction score
I don't have the 12 inch screen but there have been many issues with it. I would check for any tsbs on the radio it is definitely not working properly take it to your dealer.
Seems like whenever someone brings this truck into the dealer to have something fixed, something else breaks or things get worse. While this issue is an annoyance, the rest of the 12" system works just fine (knocking on wood). I'd be concerned of trying to fix it and end up with more problems as a result. I'll probably just let it be unless things get worse.

Users who are viewing this thread