5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wrong Guage cluster

dsn112

Reaction score
Hey all, anyone ever see this before? Noticed on my first highway drive today, looked down and was like I’m doing 100mph?? Seems they put the Canadian cluster in my truck by mistake. Am I the only one?

Attachments

• 0F1263CA-416A-47D6-B012-44AFDF84DE9A.png
    0F1263CA-416A-47D6-B012-44AFDF84DE9A.png
    731.3 KB · Views: 165

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Hey all, anyone ever see this before? Noticed on my first highway drive today, looked down and was like I’m doing 100mph?? Seems they put the Canadian cluster in my truck by mistake. Am I the only one?
The upside is that it will seem you're going faster...

smiles5619

Reaction score
Definitely a Canadian Cluster. There digital on can be changed but that can not, they should replace it with the US model cluster.

dsn112

Reaction score
I have the digital on MPH, that’s why I didn’t notice it when I bought it. They are going to replace it, but I still can’t believe the goofed so bad. Now I have to worry about the dealer messing up the install and creating some new rattles.

Ram92131

Reaction score
The upside is that it will seem you're going faster...

And be the king of fuel mileage on Fuelly.

Seriously though that’s a pretty bad quality control flaw. I would think you can get more than just a replacement from FCA, particularly when your future Carfax will show the speedometer having been changed. Does it actually register miles or km on the odometer?

dsn112

Reaction score
Good question, I think since the electronics are set to Miles that’s what everything in the Center stack is reporting. I’m not worried about the carfax, it’s a lease, but I will call them and see if they want to toss in a bed liner or something.

Users who are viewing this thread