5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wow. Looks like FCA may be a korean company.

SoCal Truck

Reaction score
I'm excited as I would be able to get a 25% discount an they will bring back some great quality.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Although this is probably the same as all the other merger rumors, this is a good one.

As long as Dodge and Ram stay on their trek, I am ok with this.

We have a Kia Sorento. 110,000 miles and no trouble, except they rust too.

So this matches our fleet well, mopars, kia.

Some of the new Kia stuff is pretty neat.

Hyundai sounds wierd, lol

CHKA...Sounds like am good team

D

Deleted member 85

Hey - CJDR Sales Manager here - Hyundai builds the best small cars in the world right now, period. I got my girlfriend an Elantra for this reason.

That being said - this merger ain't happening.

SoCal Truck

Reaction score
Hey - CJDR Sales Manager here - Hyundai builds the best small cars in the world right now, period. I got my girlfriend an Elantra for this reason.

That being said - this merger ain't happening.
Hey BBW, why ain't this happening? I agree it's not likely but you never know. I am familiar with Hyundai business strategies and they are looking to establish and or buy American Companies that are in the same Market and establish that base in America. No more market share in Korea.

D

Deleted member 85

Hey BBW, why ain't this happening? I agree it's not likely but you never know. I am familiar with Hyundai business strategies and they are looking to establish and or buy American Companies that are in the same Market and establish that base in America. No more market share in Korea.
I don't know anything - however, Sergio needs CJDR to keep Fiat, Alfa, Maserati going in N.A. Until those brands (not really Fiat though) can stand on their own 2 feet, I don't see the Italians backing off.

Kramersp

Reaction score
It's better than the Italians owning it. Italian car companies are notorious for poor quality. Fiat has been in trouble for years. Fiat makes garbage. Alfa Romeos are awesome looking and fast, but trash quality. Just look at reviews. I'd love it if Hyundai bought FCA. I mean, Chrysler hasn't been an american company for a long time. May as well be owned by a company known for quality. Then maybe air suspensions wont just fail because its parked or cold, bumpers may be aligned from the start, and maybe the hemi might finally be updated.

D

Deleted member 85

It's better than the Italians owning it. Italian car companies are notorious for poor quality. Fiat has been in trouble for years. Fiat makes garbage. Alfa Romeos are awesome looking and fast, but trash quality. Just look at reviews. I'd love it if Hyundai bought FCA. I mean, Chrysler hasn't been an american company for a long time. May as well be owned by a company known for quality. Then maybe air suspensions wont just fail because its parked or cold, bumpers may be aligned from the start, and maybe the hemi might finally be updated.
Kramer, you are extremely negative on these forums, I don't enjoy interacting with you.

That being said - I never said that I prefer one over the other, as a matter of fact, I actually praised Hyundai for making the best small cars in the world, IMO.

Kramersp

Reaction score
Kramer, you are extremely negative on these forums, I don't enjoy interacting with you.

That being said - I never said that I prefer one over the other, as a matter of fact, I actually praised Hyundai for making the best small cars in the world, IMO.
BBW I'm a car guy. I also obviously ordered a Ram. I also call a spade a spade. I criticize all the brands and praise at the same time. I'm neutral. I read car reviews every day. I look at quality ratings, ect. I dont try to be negative. Every brand has highs and lows. And sometimes facts are a little painful. In the end I just hope the $66K Ram I ordered lasts me a long time and is trouble free. Fact is after reading some of the posts on this forum, it would make any reasonable person a bit nervous.

D

Deleted member 85

BBW I'm a car guy. I also obviously ordered a Ram. I also call a spade a spade. I criticize all the brands and praise at the same time. I'm neutral. I read car reviews every day. I look at quality ratings, ect. I dont try to be negative. Every brand has highs and lows. And sometimes facts are a little painful. In the end I just hope the $66K Ram I ordered lasts me a long time and is trouble free. Fact is after reading some of the posts on this forum, it would make any reasonable person a bit nervous.
Fair, and very reasonable response.

I don't feel as though every comment made was an objective round-a-bout comment utilizing facts, and often it has been your personal opinions that are negative. I bleed CJDR, and touch, see, feel, experience my product every day. Fiat taking over Chrysler was one of the best things that ever happened to this brand, and too few people have looked at just how dire the situation was in 08'. Has Fiat leveraged Chrysler for its own agenda? Hell yes they have. CJDR quality ratings are currently higher than they've been in decades, sales records continue to be broken, net debt is nearly zeroed, new product reinvestment is clearly here, and every new vehicle released has sold within or above expectations.

All that being said - there are vehicles that we sell I wouldn't recommend to family. The list was Dart, Patriot, Compass, and Renegade. 3 of those 4 models are discontinued, and the Renegade is an Italian built vehicle.

Kramersp

Reaction score
Fair, and very reasonable response.

I don't feel as though every comment made was an objective round-a-bout comment utilizing facts, and often it has been your personal opinions that are negative. I bleed CJDR, and touch, see, feel, experience my product every day. Fiat taking over Chrysler was one of the best things that ever happened to this brand, and too few people have looked at just how dire the situation was in 08'. Has Fiat leveraged Chrysler for its own agenda? Hell yes they have. CJDR quality ratings are currently higher than they've been in decades, sales records continue to be broken, net debt is nearly zeroed, new product reinvestment is clearly here, and every new vehicle released has sold within or above expectations.

All that being said - there are vehicles that we sell I wouldn't recommend to family. The list was Dart, Patriot, Compass, and Renegade. 3 of those 4 models are discontinued, and the Renegade is an Italian built vehicle.
I agree with everything you just said. But just sayin, you are a bit bias. You do sell the products. Lol.

D

Deleted member 85

"Perhaps most advantageous of all, for FCA at least, is that it has no electric vehicle strategy. That could mean disaster for Fiat Chrysler in the coming decade. EV support from Hyundai, however, would steer FCA clear of that iceberg. "

That is a ridiculously incorrect statement...

Pacifica Hybrid is the first of many vehicles FCA will be producing with Hybrid tech. E-Torque is hybrid technology. Chrysler Portal will be an EV, and E-Torque will continue to find its way into more FCA vehicles.

FLG8R

Reaction score
"Perhaps most advantageous of all, for FCA at least, is that it has no electric vehicle strategy. That could mean disaster for Fiat Chrysler in the coming decade. EV support from Hyundai, however, would steer FCA clear of that iceberg. "

That is a ridiculously incorrect statement...

Pacifica Hybrid is the first of many vehicles FCA will be producing with Hybrid tech. E-Torque is hybrid technology. Chrysler Portal will be an EV, and E-Torque will continue to find its way into more FCA vehicles.
What are your thoughts on the 5.7 Non E-torque being dropped after 2019 now that pretty much everyone is getting on the Stop/Start bandwagon? For those of us that just can't seem to embrace Stop/Start is there a chance FCA will keep this motor without the E-torque?

Users who are viewing this thread