5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Would you change anything?

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks, I thought for sure the dealer had said 6'4' Rambox ,, but just did digging on order site, and you are correct, sir. Not available until 2022-ish .. Glad I just picked the Rambox then :)

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was going to look into the Deployable Bed Step (after delivery) since I could not add it after adding the Protection Group (aka Skid Plates). But when my dealer actually got the order input, he asked if I wanted the step as it was available.

Does anyone else have both? I would think that maybe the step interfered with a plate or something but was told (initially) that since I got the 4-corner suspension, the step would be too close to the ground or something on the lowest height setting.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone else have both? I would think that maybe the step interfered with a plate or something but was told (initially) that since I got the 4-corner suspension, the step would be too close to the ground or something on the lowest height setting.
Many of us. Works beautifully!

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks @SpeedyV so they aren't in the way of the tailgate when it is down, nor the Protection Package? I'm a short guy so even with the suspension at lowest setting, I need all the help I can get LOL
As long as you’re talking about the one that mounts at the rear driver’s side corner, it doesn’t interfere with anything (except possibly some aftermarket exhaust tips). It’s a very good, sturdy design.

Turin

Reaction score
I spent the better part of a year working out what I wanted and ended up ordering so I pretty much got the perfect truck for me. The one option I should have included in the build was the deployable bed step but I ordered one and installed it myself.

Users who are viewing this thread