5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wireless Phone Charger Install

wacopolumbo

Reaction score
I never really cared for or used vehicle wireless chargers...mainly because my phone is always hooked up with a usb cord for apple carplay or android auto.
I agree except the ‘22s now have wire Apple/Google car play, so the wireless charger makes a lot of sense. It keeps things clean with no wires.

wacopolumbo

Reaction score
Does anyone know where each of the wires go specifically. The manual is terrible for this. I did not have a wire in pin 45 on the C5 connector, so I just plugged that in. Although it is possible I am on the wrong side connector. I also had to splice the red wire to the large red wire at the top of the C3 connector on the pdc. I did not think this was pin 9, but there was no pin in the port that I thought was pin 9, and the red wire came with no connector. I figured that was less important as long as it is getting power somehow. My charging pad is not turning on though, so I must have at least one of them in the wrong spot. I am going to post a photo once I get this figured out since this was so frustrating. Also, can anyone confirm if this needs to be activated or not. I am assuming no, since it is not in the directions, but just checking in case that is why it is not working. I am not seeing the blue light on the front the pad. Any help with this would be very much appreciated.!
I installed this several months ago. As I remember it, there was only one wire to splice under the drivers side console on the outside wall. Everything else was plug and play. The biggest hassle was taking it all apart, the connections were straight forward.

Also, mine works fine without being flashed. There are no uconnect settings for it. You jut set your phone on the charger and you get a blue light for charging, green light for fully charged and flashing red light if you don’t place the phone properly. I’ve been using it hassle fee for months.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread