5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wireless Charging Kit Without CD Player Cutout

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
If yours is a '20, production started July '19. March puts yours in the 9th month of production. July '20 would have started '21 production.
Right, so it's a 2020 and not a 2021. Anyway, the difference between ours might be because yours has the charger from the factory and my didn't.

6of36

Reaction score
Right, so it's a 2020 and not a 2021. Anyway, the difference between ours might be because yours has the charger from the factory and my didn't.
Like I said, the early 12" had no notch. My early 20 had the early style. Evidently it was a mid year change, because your late '20 and all newer, have a notch, or a CD player. It really doesn't matter whether it has the charging pad or not. The phone holding slots are basically the same, they both have the same two phone slots. Either they have the charging pad behind one of them, or they don't. Bottom line, if someone wants to add the charger, dut doesn't want the slot, the early 12" did not have a slot, so they could use a face plate from one of those.

vincentw56

Reaction score
Like I said, the early 12" had no notch. My early 20 had the early style. Evidently it was a mid year change, because your late '20 and all newer, have a notch, or a CD player. It really doesn't matter whether it has the charging pad or not. The phone holding slots are basically the same, they both have the same two phone slots. Either they have the charging pad behind one of them, or they don't. Bottom line, if someone wants to add the charger, dut doesn't want the slot, the early 12" did not have a slot, so they could use a face plate from one of those.
You have to actually replace the whole media port bezel. There isn't just a cover. From my search, it doesn't look like you can get it without the cubby anymore. From the pics, they all have it now. It is #9 in the pic. That is for the 2019 and it looks the same no matter what year. You could probably make something or have it 3D printed. I use mine to store a pen and a small notebook. Keeps it handy.

Attachments

• 74d5cde506c3e743c500cbaed4781265.png
    74d5cde506c3e743c500cbaed4781265.png
    18.3 KB · Views: 27

6of36

Reaction score
You have to actually replace the whole media port bezel. There isn't just a cover. From my search, it doesn't look like you can get it without the cubby anymore. From the pics, they all have it now. It is #9 in the pic. That is for the 2019 and it looks the same no matter what year. You could probably make something or have it 3D printed. I use mine to store a pen and a small notebook. Keeps it handy.
I wished my 20 had it. It's a nice feature. Good for storing loyalty or gift cards for the car wash. Probably have to search a junkyard to find one without it. I know of one that went there.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I wished my 20 had it. It's a nice feature. Good for storing loyalty or gift cards for the car wash. Probably have to search a junkyard to find one without it. I know of one that went there.
Didn't even realize 5th gens didn't have the cubby where CD player was. My 2020 has it, but it was built in June 2020

6of36

Reaction score
Finally found a pic with USBs in center like mine. I knew I wasn't crazy. Who knows what determined which.

Attachments

• 114395315.jpeg
    114395315.jpeg
    46.4 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:

TheLegend

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I talked to my parts guy where I buy all my OEM stuff from Mopar and he said they don’t make a kit without the CD player cutout which is so odd to me because the new ones from what I understand don’t have the cutout for the CD player but have the wireless charging pad with the USB ports centered. Just doesn’t make sense but hey what do I know? Lol

6of36

Reaction score
I talked to my parts guy where I buy all my OEM stuff from Mopar and he said they don’t make a kit without the CD player cutout which is so odd to me because the new ones from what I understand don’t have the cutout for the CD player but have the wireless charging pad with the USB ports centered. Just doesn’t make sense but hey what do I know? Lol
The 23 I refused, had the little cubby, where CD would go, and the charging pad. USBs to the side. My 20 had the no area for a CD, and USBs centered. Just a thought. My friend's last Ram, was a 6 seater, and he had a CD player. His CD was in center seat. I don't recall if he had 12" screen on that one. Possible different panel, for 6 passenger CD equipped in19, and I just happened to get that in my 20 by mistake? Weird things happen.

TheLegend

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Any idea if the cubby is sold by itself? Better yet a p/n if possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I finally found that stupid cubby number so it wouldn’t be just a blank space if anyone is interested in doing the wireless charging pad upgrade but the part number for the little cubby that y’all were referring to is 68524507AA

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I think the 5th gen 1500 and the HD's all got a change in 20 and it was trim dependent. 2019 had a CD player, 2020 had the cubby or a non-cubby depending on trim.

For those that ordered, seems it was a bit of a crap shoot to know what you were getting until the truck arrived.

TheLegend

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think the 5th gen 1500 and the HD's all got a change in 20 and it was trim dependent. 2019 had a CD player, 2020 had the cubby or a non-cubby depending on trim.

For those that ordered, seems it was a bit of a crap shoot to know what you were getting until the truck arrived.
Yeah that’s what it sounded like but now in the newer ones without a CD player or cubby if you wanted to add the Wireless Charging Kit - 82215150AG plus the cubby - 68524507AA you can make it work without leaving a blank space lol. If it’s worth it to people to spend $250 or so for both parts and install. Doesn’t seem hard.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I finally found that stupid cubby number so it wouldn’t be just a blank space if anyone is interested in doing the wireless charging pad upgrade but the part number for the little cubby that y’all were referring to is 68524507AA

Finally lol. The main reason I didn’t bother ordering the setup yet didn’t want to deal with a hole just because I wanted the wireless setup

TheLegend

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Finally lol. The main reason I didn’t bother ordering the setup yet didn’t want to deal with a hole just because I wanted the wireless setup

I know me as well. But I’ve got another set up coming Thursday that was $25 from Amazon and I think it’s going to work really well and all you see it the USB-C adaptor coming out of the wireless charger (not very noticeable) and that’s it so we’ll see how well it works Thursday. And post pictures and links if you are interested? If I don’t like it I’m going to do the OEM setup with my cool new little cubby lol.

Users who are viewing this thread