5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wireless Charging Kit Without CD Player Cutout

TheLegend

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does anyone know if they make the parts or kit for the center stacks without the CD player? I’ve searched and really haven’t found anything. Also, I know it takes a ton of wiring if you don’t already have it I am just curious if anyone knows if they’ve made it to where it can be purchased and put in (without the CD player cutout). Thanks in advance!

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The charging pad will fit the consoles without cd players.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
It will have the cutout. You can't get it without. It is pretty easy to install. Just takes about an hour.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
One thing that kept me from pulling the trigger is the cubby where the cd player would normal go. I could never find any information if the cubby was included in the kit for those of us who don’t have the cd player. Anybody? Could never get find an answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

vincentw56

Reaction score
One thing that kept me from pulling the trigger is the cubby where the cd player would normal go. I could never find any information if the cubby was included in the kit for those of us who don’t have the cd player. Anybody? Could never get find an answer.

Yep, the cutout is still there.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Any idea if the cubby is sold by itself? Better yet a p/n if possible.

TheLegend

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It will have the cutout. You can't get it without. It is pretty easy to install. Just takes about an hour.
Do the USB port align though? I have a 2022 Laramie and my USB ports are centered. And on the other they are not right?

TheLegend

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Any idea if the cubby is sold by itself? Better yet a p/n if possible.

I think someone posted something on it on another thread I’ll see if I can find it here in a little bit.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do the USB port align though? I have a 2022 Laramie and my USB ports are centered. And on the other they are not right?

I think you just remove them and realign them to the new piece there should be enough slack in the harness to do so

6of36

Reaction score
The cutout didn't start until 21, and that's when the changed the USBs. My 20 had the charging pad, but no cut out. At that time the CD wasn't in the dash. I don't know where it was with a console, but my friend had 6 passenger seating, and it was in center seat, under the pad.

vincentw56

Reaction score
The cutout didn't start until 21, and that's when the changed the USBs. My 20 had the charging pad, but no cut out. At that time the CD wasn't in the dash. I don't know where it was with a console, but my friend had 6 passenger seating, and it was in center seat, under the pad.
Not true. My 2020 has the cutout but no charging pad. It now has the charging pad and the cutout.

vincentw56

Reaction score
March 2020 is a late build. I got mine in October 2019. Until the 23s, normal changeover was July for most models.
March is before July. Anyway, doesn't really matter for the purposes of this thread.

6of36

Reaction score
March is before July. Anyway, doesn't really matter for the purposes of this thread.
If yours is a '20, production started July '19. March puts yours in the 9th month of production. July '20 would have started '21 production.

Users who are viewing this thread