5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Windshield wiper replacement?

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Folks, it's time. ;)

What brand and what size wiper blade have you used (that works!) on our trucks?

Thanks.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Folks, it's time. ;)

What brand and what size wiper blade have you used (that works!) on our trucks?

Thanks.
I'm using these on my truck. Seem to work good. Havnt had any issues. But I don't use them a lot either because my windshield is ceramic coated
Caterpillar Clarity Premium Performance All Season Replacement Windshield Wiper Blades for Car Truck Van SUV (24 + 24 Inch (Pair for Front Windshield)), Black https://a.co/d/2E6UuGF

Reactions: c3k

Reverse

Reaction score
I run the Bosh ICON 22A (driver's side) and 22B (passenger side). I've had great luck with these in the Michigan climate and I get good performance out of them for three years.
Same here. These have worked best for me and have lasted (non-streaking) longest. Helps to have RainX as your windshield washer fluid as well - once I'm above 55mph I don't even need my wipers in regular (non-downpour) rain.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I run the Bosh ICON 22A (driver's side) and 22B (passenger side). I've had great luck with these in the Michigan climate and I get good performance out of them for three years.
Same

U

User_119824

I have Bosch Icons on all my cars. Great wipers and worth the price.

armyhonor27

Reaction score
same except mine take a beating in New York and still out perform any others I have tried.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

23RAM

Reaction score
Same here. These have worked best for me and have lasted (non-streaking) longest. Helps to have RainX as your windshield washer fluid as well - once I'm above 55mph I don't even need my wipers in regular (non-downpour) rain.
I use Icons too.
Rain-X washer fluid up here in Canada is now garbage - not water repellent at all anymore. I used it for years summer and winter variants without issue, but the last two jugs I bought at different stores have sucked. I checked the label on the jugs to make sure it still says it's water repellent and it does, so I sent a complaint to Rain-X to see what they say. I have the last jug here with the lot code in the event there was a manufacturing issue.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I use Icons too.
Rain-X washer fluid up here in Canada is now garbage - not water repellent at all anymore. I used it for years summer and winter variants without issue, but the last two jugs I bought at different stores have sucked. I checked the label on the jugs to make sure it still says it's water repellent and it does, so I sent a complaint to Rain-X to see what they say. I have the last jug here with the lot code in the event there was a manufacturing issue.
They make a version you apply on your windshield and rub it in also.

You can also use NU finish or any ceramic spray also.

I can no longer buy Rainx windshield washer fluid, no one stocks it here anymore, Autozone, Walmart, etc

23RAM

Reaction score
They make a version you apply on your windshield and rub it in also.
I'm aware but it's pricey up here and the washer fluid is convenient. Well it was...now it doesn't work.
You can also use NU finish or any ceramic spray also.
I use Meguiar's ceramic spray wax but the wipers rub it off too quick.
I can no longer buy Rainx windshield washer fluid, no one stocks it here anymore, Autozone, Walmart, etc
I haven't had a response from them - maybe they stopped using the additive and are lying about it so it was pulled?

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I'll be honest with you, my factory ones are still on my truck and they still work like new, even though they are now 4 years old! They still can wipe down my dirty windshield streak free clean with just a couple of passes, I've never had a set of wipers work so well for so long.

However, it should be noted that I live in a temperate zone with generally mild weather and the few times I use my wipers is to clean my windshield, not wipe away rain.

I'll probably go factory when they finally need to be replaced.

Sportznut

Reaction score
I had a great experience with the OEM wipers as well. I live in the Northwest with a lot of rain. First set lasted 3 years.
I have one year on the second set and still working fine.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I went with the Bosch 22". Focus versions, I think. (Hmm...if not Focus, then Icon.)

Mirowpl

Reaction score
I just replaced mine with these from Trico they ar3 made for pickup trucks the advance auto store recommended them. He had them on his f-150.

GMetal

Reaction score
Trico diamond 24" are what Im using. They are whisper quiet and work great. part number 25-2424

zlman

Reaction score
All you guys running 22" blades, book in store called for 24" for my '20 Ram, so that's what I bought.
When I got home one box must have been a return and had a 26" blade inside. I mounted them, 24" on pass, 26" on drive, work fine and don't hit anything.
ymmv.....

Users who are viewing this thread