5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Windshield haze?

Jack.

Reaction score
This been bothering me all day today because it was raining quite hard. It doesn't look so bad in the video but when I had it at max speed earlier that haze made visibility a nightmare, any idea if this is just worn wipers ? Or do I need to get my windshield polish or something 😒

AMS Guru

AMS Guru, Ram Guru-ish
Reaction score
I use Rain-X additive in my washer tank, but I know you'll get a million different opinions on here. How old are the wiper blades?

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Clay bar your windshield, then rainx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jack.

Reaction score
I use Rain-X additive in my washer tank, but I know you'll get a million different opinions on here. How old are the wiper blades?
Wipers pretty new. Got the truck like 4 months ago

Jack.

Reaction score
How much additive do you add to the tank? I know it's like half a cup for like a gallon or something if I rem correctly

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I can’t verify either way, but 4th Gen rumors were that Rainx washer fluid gogged up the pump

AMS Guru

AMS Guru, Ram Guru-ish
Reaction score
How much additive do you add to the tank? I know it's like half a cup for like a gallon or something if I rem correctly
I use more than recommended......about a quarter to a third of a bottle per gallon or so. You have to pre-mix with the washer fluid first or it causes issues with the tank low sensor and get false readings.

TNRamGuy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I used rainx in my last truck, 12 years, no problems with washer seals or motor. That being said I am not using it for the new truck.
I cleaned windows with non-ammonia cleaner, clayed, cleaned again. Then used turtle wax hybrid ceramic spray (3 coats, 1 day between coats). Nothing sticks not even bugs or pollen. I reapply it about once a month. Auto wipers barely run.

jmt8706

Ram Guru
Reaction score
All of my vehicles have done that to an extent at some point, usually when there was little to no water on the windshield. The blades just smear what little water there is.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Thanks for the post. Used a clay towel that was on clearance from Auto Zone for $5.00. Cleaned off stains that I thought were between the dual glass and the wiper stain in the middle of the windshield.

jkm312

Reaction score
There is a product called Invisable Glass. The stuff just flat works. It will take 2 or 3 passes with it to get the gunk off of your windshield. It will clean it down to the glass. Clean your wiper blades as well, or replace them depending on the results. Use clean microfiber towels to finish up with the last cleaning. RainX is a polish. I use the spray and wash. Use paper towels and then the final wipe is with a microfiber towel. I've never added it in with the washer fluid because it is a polish and you have to buff it at the end anyways.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My windshield started to streak like that after using rain-x
I had streaks that only showed up with certain temperatures and humidity, no idea where they came from (never used anything on the windshield), thought they were inside the dual pane windshield and were there when purchased. Fortunately I follow the 5th Gen Forum and applied the clay bar - all good. Thank You to all the contributors on the 5th Generation Forum.

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had streaks that only showed up with certain temperatures and humidity, no idea where they came from (never used anything on the windshield), thought they were inside the dual pane windshield and were there when purchased. Fortunately I follow the 5th Gen Forum and applied the clay bar - all good. Thank You to all the contributors on the 5th Generation Forum.

Clay bat also good for getting rid of hard water spots off all glass

TVANVA

Reaction score
I highly recommend Wolfgang WG-4300 Perfekt Vision Glass Polish.

This is designed with very fine abrasives that won't scratch the glass.

It is fantastic to remove water spots, and it cleans up everything else on the glass that I've run into. I originally started using it due to wiper chatter, which the polishing does cure.

You want to invest some time and pressure on the pad if you encounter heavy soil, as you would expect of a polish. A light wipe won't do much.

I've found the polish does sometimes leave a very light haze of oils on the glass. You'll see it if you get at just the right angle. The previously mentioned Invisible Glass cleaner does a great job of removing any remaining haze.

You can feel a big before/after difference if you run your finger across the glass. It is now "smooth as glass".......sorry, couldn't help myself.

I've started using it on the windows in the house that have year's of water spot build up. Works great.

Users who are viewing this thread