5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Windshield Frost/Snow Cover

20GladRubicon

Reaction score
Any suggestions for a good windshield frost/snow cover? I live in the northeast and my windshield has been frozen over the last few days.

I’ve been driving Jeeps for the last 8 years before I got this Ram to pull my travel trailer. The Wranglers fit in my garage, but the Gladiator didn’t. It was rare to have an issue with the windshield frosting up overnight, probably due to the windshield being so vertical.

I don’t mind spending some extra money if the quality is good and it fits properly. What brands can you recommend? Thanks!

Curlymurt

Reaction score
While I don't remember brands, I had one that had two solid dowels on the end that kept it flat to the windshield. I like that ok. I have a soft cheapo, like tent material, now from Amazon. Literally as cheap as I could get it 3 years ago. It's still going and I use fairly frequently.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
That or a garage! My truck goes in the garage when the snow flies.
I park in a garage at home. But that doesn't help me when I'm at work. No covered parking, and no place to plug in a block heater. Remote start is great and all, but I don't like letting my truck idle for extended periods...like more than 30 seconds LOL. The snow cover works great for my purposes.

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I park in a garage at home. But that doesn't help me when I'm at work. No covered parking, and no place to plug in a block heater. Remote start is great and all, but I don't like letting my truck idle for extended periods...like more than 30 seconds LOL. The snow cover works great for my purposes.
Burn that decomposed dinosaur baby! That truck ain't lasting forever. If it can't idle to get me warm, I'll have to go and buy a Ford. 😆

Yea, press of the remote, the defrost kicks in, seats heat up, steering wheel gets nice and warm. If it looks like it hasn't melted it all in 15 minutes, well, a second press of the remote comes into play!

EMS_Pilot_66

Reaction score
Any suggestions for a good windshield frost/snow cover? I live in the northeast and my windshield has been frozen over the last few days.

I’ve been driving Jeeps for the last 8 years before I got this Ram to pull my travel trailer. The Wranglers fit in my garage, but the Gladiator didn’t. It was rare to have an issue with the windshield frosting up overnight, probably due to the windshield being so vertical.

I don’t mind spending some extra money if the quality is good and it fits properly. What brands can you recommend? Thanks!
Here’s what I bought and used for 2 years in Iowa. It was great and made snowy mornings a breeze. 5 min and you’re on your way. Side covers slide over the windows/door frame for security. Fold the mirrors in and you don’t need to buy mirror covers.
82C14444-D56C-444F-93F6-1E1A9515AAC7.jpeg 8BF003E5-0C53-4EAF-B46F-1483A70B8AA6.jpeg 73EBC2EB-246B-4918-8CF7-003D9091192F.jpeg

Windshield Cover

BowDown

Reaction score
I got a frost guard at Walmart last year on clearance strangely during winter, $9

OldMarine

Ram Guru
Reaction score
seriously? I grew up in Boston, and never heard of such a thing. We scraped our windshields with ice scrapers, and the defrost took 100 miles to warm up enough to do anything! :ROFLMAO:

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
I have a co-worker that simply uses a tarp. He secures it by closing the doors on it. We all laughed at him until we had to go out side and scrape the ice off our windshields as we watched him open the doors and shake off the tarp and drive away lol.

Neil McCauley

Reaction score
Coat the windshield with butter, preferably salted.

I read an article somewhere seriously recommending wiping it with a vinegar/salt solution.

BowDown

Reaction score
I have a co-worker that simply uses a tarp. He secures it by closing the doors on it. We all laughed at him until we had to go out side and scrape the ice off our windshields as we watched him open the doors and shake off the tarp and drive away lol.

I used to use a trash bag cut down the sides, it worked but did allow for the windshield to still get a little ice or snow buildup. This works far better

2019Raven

Reaction score
I have a homemade cover that my sister made for me. It is a thick cloth doubled over with magnets stitched in to hold it down on top. the windshield wipers hold the bottom and the doors hold the sides. Works great in snow and ice. I dry it in my garage in the evenings.

Users who are viewing this thread