5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Windows rolled themselves down while I was out of the truck?

Techna

Reaction score
So to set this up... My wife and I were visiting an RV dealership the other day and got out of the truck for about 15 minutes. We had our Labrador with us, so I cracked the windows, left the truck running with the A/C on, locked the doors and walked away with the fob in my pocket. The dealership is a small one and there was no traffic in and out, so felt ok walking away from truck as we went into their rear showroom briefly. When we finished and walked back outside, both rear windows were all the way down and the truck was still running. Our Lab is very calm and it’s extremely unlikely that he would have stood on one window switch, let alone both. Anyone have an idea about this?

chrisfuss

Reaction score
Do you have a tazer dt?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

STR

Reaction score
Christine... did- Bad to the Bone- start playing on the radio? Boo :devilish:

Techna

Reaction score
Do you have a tazer dt?

No Tazer.

Lab probably jumped upfront to look out the drivers side window and stood on both rear window switches on the drivers side.
Not a chance of that Dookie. He was in the back seat area on the floor with the seat bottoms folded up. He’s a stoic fellow and very well behaved. Compared to our silver lab that was just lost to cancer, he’s almost boring. Hell, I could leave a T-bone on the dash and he wouldn’t go up front to get it. Exhibits A and B::)

Attachments

• 7CE20836-47B8-4050-99F4-7E267CD031E9.jpeg
    7CE20836-47B8-4050-99F4-7E267CD031E9.jpeg
    168.8 KB · Views: 115
  • A166A6AA-DEE0-44AF-95CE-601F8C8A64BF.jpeg
    A166A6AA-DEE0-44AF-95CE-601F8C8A64BF.jpeg
    168.8 KB · Views: 114

LimitedGRR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
He just want to show off to all the bitches....

RockYacht2020

Reaction score
I'd try it again with the window locks on and see if it happens.

Your dog isn't by chance named Occam, is he? ;)

Techna

Reaction score
I'd try it again with the window locks on and see if it happens.

Your dog isn't by chance named Occam, is he? ;)
I get it, but it only seems the likely choice when viewed remotely. If we’re channeling Occam... My wife would suggest that the more obvious player here is that in a moment of absent mindedness, I pressed the two rear window buttons significantly longer than what’s required to just crack them AND that I walked away without noticing. Damn.

She’s smart, while I probably should not be allowed to be cutting my own steak at the dinner table.

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So to set this up... My wife and I were visiting an RV dealership the other day and got out of the truck for about 15 minutes. We had our Labrador with us, so I cracked the windows, left the truck running with the A/C on, locked the doors and walked away with the fob in my pocket. The dealership is a small one and there was no traffic in and out, so felt ok walking away from truck as we went into their rear showroom briefly. When we finished and walked back outside, both rear windows were all the way down and the truck was still running. Our Lab is very calm and it’s extremely unlikely that he would have stood on one window switch, let alone both. Anyone have an idea about this?
Bringing an old thread back to life. I just had this same thing happen to me today. I took the boy skiing and it was freezing so I can assure you the windows were up when we left the truck (double checked) but when we came back about 2 hrs later for a snack sure enough both front windows were rolled all the way down. I do have a tazer dt installed but I never activated the keyfob window option. Weirdest thing ever....any insight would be great, I would hate to have this happen on a rainy day.

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
the BCM harness is just below the dash on the passenger side. any chance it got wet or condensation? people have had weird things up to bricking their trucks from window tint or moisture there many times.

I have a tazer and have never gotten the window down to work. even tazer and alpha obd global down it wont work...

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
the BCM harness is just below the dash on the passenger side. any chance it got wet or condensation? people have had weird things up to bricking their trucks from window tint or moisture there many times.

I have a tazer and have never gotten the window down to work. even tazer and alpha obd global down it wont work...
I guess it's possible some wiring got wet or damp and glitched out. Good to know about the window down option with the tazer, I won't even mess with it in the future.

SRTnationjc

Reaction score
Been having the same problem lately. Gf told me about 4 days ago that my windows were down when she got home. I was still sleeping from work. So it wasn't accidently hit. Had it happen at work the next day, thought maybe it was from being in my pants pocket. So started placing keys in Hoodie pocket and it just happened again. There's no way it got hit in my hoodie. Its either messing up itself either that or someone stole the RFID signal from my key and is ****ing with me. 😂😂 they need to have way to "lock" this feature with the window lock so that when you aren't gonna want to use it you can activate it.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
VW/Porsche was having this problem about 20 years ago. I believe the problem stemmed from corrosion in the window switches. Maybe try a squirt of CRC electrical silicone lubricant in the switch. You could also pull the fuse every time you park, which could get tedious lol

Rebelguy2020

Ram Guru
Reaction score
On my 2011 Ram, if you pressed the door unlock button twice and held it on the second press, on the key fob, both front windows would go down, they would go down as much as you wanted, just let go the button if you wanted just a small open. There was no way to bring them back up unless you entered the truck and installed the key.

I saw a YouTube video showing the sequences of key fob button presses to open the windows, I tried it on my 2020 Rebel but it did not work.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I was going to say...there are a lot of folks willing to pay money to get the windows to roll down automatically :)

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score

at 0:55 he enters a "code" on his key fob, could this have happened in your pocket?
Holy SH** that actually works. Of course after watching the video I promptly grab my fob and off I went and dang front windows rolled down 😳.....guess it is possible that's what happened to me when skiing. @SRTnationjc still not sure how it's possible with the keyfob in your hoodie pocket unless you somehow keep hitting that sequence when you lock it 🤔. It has to be three pretty quick clicks with a pause followed by two quick clicks.

Last edited:

Bigtone

Reaction score
There was a way with either my 2010 or 2014 Ram (can't remember which) to do this also. It's been around for awhile.

Vinnie.

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Holy SH** that actually works. Of course after watching the video I promptly grab my fob and off I went and dang front windows rolled down 😳.....guess it is possible that's what happened to me when skiing. @SRTnationjc still not sure how it's possible with the keyfob in your hoodie pocket unless you somehow keep hitting that sequence when you lock it 🤔. It has to be there pretty quick clicks with a pause followed by two quick clicks.
putting on/adjusting ski boots maybe when you're leaned forward a bunch. who knows, but it could be the culprit haha

Users who are viewing this thread