5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Windows rolled themselves down while I was out of the truck?

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Holy SH** that actually works. Of course after watching the video I promptly grab my fob and off I went and dang front windows rolled down 😳.....guess it is possible that's what happened to me when skiing. @SRTnationjc still not sure how it's possible with the keyfob in your hoodie pocket unless you somehow keep hitting that sequence when you lock it 🤔. It has to be three pretty quick clicks with a pause followed by two quick clicks.
Maybe this is fob-dependent. I tried this on my Longhorn (many times, at different click rates) and got nothing.

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Maybe this is fob-dependent. I tried this on my Longhorn (many times, at different click rates) and got nothing.
That could be. If I knew how to upload my video of this magic happening I would. Says video is too big and I'm not the most tech savvy guy.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
No love for the Bighorn either

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think the tazer dt is required for the key fob window feature to work.

SRTnationjc

Reaction score
Holy SH** that actually works. Of course after watching the video I promptly grab my fob and off I went and dang front windows rolled down 😳.....guess it is possible that's what happened to me when skiing. @SRTnationjc still not sure how it's possible with the keyfob in your hoodie pocket unless you somehow keep hitting that sequence when you lock it 🤔. It has to be three pretty quick clicks with a pause followed by two quick clicks.
It happened once again since I commented on here. This time just the passenger side window. Wonder if its just a tazer glitch. I already did a full reboot. Unmarried. Remarried. Full reboot.
I higbly doubt it's been getting hit in my hoodie/jacket pockets to the extent the sequence is correct. Thats the whole reason I moved it from my front pants pocket. I thought maybe somehow someway it was getting hit. But no way its getting hit 5 times fast enough in the pockets its in now.

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It happened once again since I commented on here. This time just the passenger side window. Wonder if its just a tazer glitch. I already did a full reboot. Unmarried. Remarried. Full reboot.
I higbly doubt it's been getting hit in my hoodie/jacket pockets to the extent the sequence is correct. Thats the whole reason I moved it from my front pants pocket. I thought maybe somehow someway it was getting hit. But no way its getting hit 5 times fast enough in the pockets its in now.
Have your tried clicking the sequence on your fob to see if it works? Agreed you would def have to be trying to click the sequence to make your windows roll down. It could be proprietary to the Tazer.

Rlandon

Reaction score
I haven't tried it with my 2021 but I know it worked on my 2010 with the two click unlock button. I'll give it a try tomorrow. Speaking of keeping the fob somewhere out of the way, where does everyone keep their fob when driving? I'm used to my Gen 4 being inserted in the dash so I never had to worry about where to put it. With the Gen 5, I'm having to find places to keep it where I'll remember to take it with me when exiting. I need both cupholders for me and the wife. Going to look on ebay and elsewhere for some type of holder to add to the console or dash area.

Rebelguy2020

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I keep it in my pocket, as long that the key is in the vehicle. My wife will drive the Rebel if I had 🥃, even though the key is in my pocket and not in her pocket or purse. The only time I will leave the key in the truck is when someone stays in it, or else they will hear key fob has left the vehicle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/