5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have an issue and i don't remember if it has been like this the whole time. On the front driver side when i try to roll the window up just a little bit (not using auto) the window stops. For instance i will pull the window up switch slightly (before it hits auto mode) and it will go up about an inch and stop. It does the same thing on the passenger side. Is this normal? I told the dealership but they said I had to come back and get it looked at since i only scheduled an oil change. @RamCares ? If i hit the auto button it goes all the way up without any issues.

airgas1998

Reaction score
it's the pickiest control i've ever used....there's just something about these switches. i'll stumble like this every once in awhile as well....
i doubt you have actually anything wrong, but if you can never control it more than an inch w/out hitting auto then perhaps you do.

JDBob35a

Reaction score
it's the pickiest control i've ever used....there's just something about these switches. i'll stumble like this every once in awhile as well....
i doubt you have actually anything wrong, but if you can never control it more than an inch w/out hitting auto then perhaps you do.

Agreed. Window control is very picky, I've found myself on several occasions trying to decide if something was wrong with it or not. I think I've just got used to it now.

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ok so I'm not insane. Glad to hear. I can't control it but it is very touchy. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't the only one. All other windows without auto work great.

danielle2019

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My Ram and both Chargers have done this. Its like you have to pull back harder than you think you should.

Users who are viewing this thread