5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Window Tinting: What’s the Best

MSchnLoneStar19

Reaction score
Here in Texas and will be taking possession of my New Lonestar in the next week or two.

I would like to re-tint the windows with a hybrid carbon / ceramic tint... but getting confused on the research.

What is the best type and brand for Cab Heat Reduction, Cellular Reception, and Visibility.

Windshield Brow: 25%
Front Side Windows: 25%
Back Side Windows: 20%
Back Window: 20%

Big THANKS in advance.

knightro84

Reaction score
Pretty sure the rear window and back side windows are tinted glass, not clear glass with a film on it. For the front windows, most have found that 20% is the closest to matching the darkness of the factory tinted glass.

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I am getting Ceramic done on mine. Getting Suntek. Limo(5% done on back door windows and back window) and 20% done on front windows. I have my fire dept stuff in back so with limo tint nobody can see in back. Was quoted $275(canadian)

HannibalofCarthage

Reaction score
25% is the legal limit for the front windows in Texas. You can blackout the rear. Had mine done this weekend.

Tjd

Reaction score
I had 3M film installed, lifetime warranty and very good quality.

knightro84

Reaction score
Down here in Florida I've always gone with ceramic tint and have always been happy with it. I also get a Covercraft UVS100 fitted sunshade for all of my vehicles and it keeps a lot of heat out of the cabin when parked in the sun.

Users who are viewing this thread