5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wind noise

PARAM2019

Reaction score
I have a 2020 eco diesel Bighorn. Purchased it used a couple months ago. We love it but it has a couple things still to work out.

I have wind type noise that comes in somewhere around the rear drivers side seat belt. I don’t notice any air coming in but depending on the wind direction it can be a bit distracting. I’ve read of others with something similar. I do have the bed gaskets that have been mentioned. My plan was to remove the rear seats and start looking around.

I’m still under the full warranty but I’m thinking it may be easier to search it out myself?

Should I go to the dealer? Where would you recommend starting on my own?

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have a 2020 eco diesel Bighorn. Purchased it used a couple months ago. We love it but it has a couple things still to work out.

I have wind type noise that comes in somewhere around the rear drivers side seat belt. I don’t notice any air coming in but depending on the wind direction it can be a bit distracting. I’ve read of others with something similar. I do have the bed gaskets that have been mentioned. My plan was to remove the rear seats and start looking around.

I’m still under the full warranty but I’m thinking it may be easier to search it out myself?

Should I go to the dealer? Where would you recommend starting on my own?
You probably will get better results if you can locate it for them to fix. Mechanics don't get paid for diagnosis time, so if it doesn't show up on a short test drive they will just say ok at this time. Always give as detailed description about circumstances of noises as possible. For any noises. Let them know if speed matters, bumps, turns, braking, accelerating, etc. As far as a wind noise, it will be helpfull, if you can get a family member or friend, to isolate where the sound is coming from exactly. It could be air leaking through a missing body plug or something, or air whistling around something. the more info the better. They have no problem fixing it, if they can find it.

PARAM2019

Reaction score
RAM Guru that makes a lot of sense. I'll take the back seats out and start looking and listening around.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
RAM Guru that makes a lot of sense. I'll take the back seats out and start looking and listening around.
I am a former mechanic, from YEARS ago, and do know a lot about cars, but but just so you know, Ram Guru on here is just a title because I have made a lot of posts. I wondered about why some people were listed as gurus, until all the sudden one day, it showed up for me. You probably don't have to remove the seat, but a hint to isolate the area, get a piece of hose or tubing, and have them hold it to their ear, while you drive, and move it around, to see where the sound is loudest.

Users who are viewing this thread