5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wind Noise - Whistling

Dredger25

Reaction score
Can you guys tell me if this sound is what you’re hearing? My first time hearing it today, can’t tell if it’s wind or if it’s something else
Journeyman did you ever figure out what that noise was? I have the exact same sound in my 19 Rebel. It only seems to happen at 85+. Trying to see if this is the "wind noise" or something else.

Bigga826

Reaction score
Thanks for everyone's responses. Truck goes back into dealership today. The whistling is driving me CRAZY (I do alot of highway driving, which doesn't help). Someone posted a screen shot of their dealership receipt (referencing the STAR # an the parts needed to resolve the whistling). I'll showing this to my Service Tech tonight. I've attached the images in case anyone else might need them.
Anyone know the exact location where these bolts go?

Fst

Reaction score
Can you guys tell me if this sound is what you’re hearing? My first time hearing it today, can’t tell if it’s wind or if it’s something else
I have this exact condition. Happens in a crosswind at highway speeds. Going to my 3rd dealer this Thursday. Started a case with Ram Customer Service. Hoping this dealer will care enough to try.

riverdragon

Reaction score
I have this exact condition. Happens in a crosswind at highway speeds. Going to my 3rd dealer this Thursday. Started a case with Ram Customer Service. Hoping this dealer will care enough to try.
I have the same issue. I just bought a 2019 Laramie a couple weeks ago. Took it on a trip across state on a windy day and at 70+ I get that whistle. Read some other forums and one described it as morse code. Petty accurate description. Strange how it's not quieter at lower speeds. It sounds almost binary. Took it back to the dealer but of course they couldn't duplicate it. Only does it when conditions are just right. I'm hoping someone can find a verified problem and fix.

Reaction score
RHCan do you have a copy of the service report for that repair. I am having the same wind noise on the passenger RR door area and my dealer says they can’t replicate but it literally sounds like the window is cracked open. Anyone else having this issue.

Reaction score
Mines was wind noise right rear door. They replaced door seal and no issue since.
RHCan do you have a copy of the service report for that repair. I am having the same wind noise on the passenger RR door area and my dealer says they can’t replicate but it literally sounds like the window is cracked open. Anyone else having this issue

RHCan

USAF Retired Vet
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I do not I traded it but I can tell you what they did.
1. He used painter‘s tape on outside of door to seal and viola the noise went away.
2. They ordered new door seals and replaced.
3. Wind noise gone.
CDJR dealer was Grapevine CDJR - Grapevine Tx

RHCan

USAF Retired Vet
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Also 1st dealer I took to said same thing. Nothing wrong it’s normal-NOT
No issues with my new truck

cwolawrence

Reaction score
Had the same wind noise on two 2019 RAM 1500s. First truck had major tornado damage at 4k miles. Get it back from repairs and notice noise. Had my wife look around while I was driving. She looks around, then noticed in the passenger mirror the trim flapping in the wind. Around 30 mph the top part of trim would pop then go back at lower speeds. Get home, repair it, noise gone. White truck in picture. Trade it in on new 2019, same noise, same problem. Put epoxy on tab that is supposed to hold top of trim in. Put a clamp on it for about hour, solved again. It had nothing to do with tornado or repair.

Attachments

• IMG_3963.jpg
    IMG_3963.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 137

dholla

Reaction score
Anyone else press the re-circulating air button and have the noise go away? Or vice versa
Mine seems to come out of no where like a window is cracked.

Montoyar30

Reaction score
Any fix?? Thats exactly what mine sounds like 2019 limited

low-and-slow

Reaction score
Anyone else press the re-circulating air button and have the noise go away? Or vice versa
Mine seems to come out of no where like a window is cracked.
I’ve been having this same issue and using recirculate definitely helps and possibly even eliminates the noise. The cab seems to be getting pressurized when the climate control is in auto.

hammer722

Reaction score
Had the same issue on the front driver door. Door was shut but not tight against the truck frame. Dealer mechanic adjusted the strike plate and no more wind noise

Barbetj1

Reaction score
Holy crap. My 2019 Ram is now going into her 3 week mark at the local dealership for wind noise/whistling. Any of you have pics of the dealership bills showing the resolution? I've seen a post referencing Star Case # S1923000052 as one of the resolutions to the noise. Curious if that resolved most of your issues. I'm really trying to help the dealership and get my truck back.
I’ve had mine 2 weeks does the same thing, I put painters tape over the door seals and the sound went away , took the tape off and the noise came back , I’m pretty sure it’s the door seals , of course it’s never windy when I take it to get looked at by the dealership

preston42

Reaction score
I have the same issue. I just bought a 2019 Laramie a couple weeks ago. Took it on a trip across state on a windy day and at 70+ I get that whistle. Read some other forums and one described it as morse code. Petty accurate description. Strange how it's not quieter at lower speeds. It sounds almost binary. Took it back to the dealer but of course they couldn't duplicate it. Only does it when conditions are just right. I'm hoping someone can find a verified problem and fix.
I have this same problem in my 2019 Ram Rebel. I get to 70-75+ miles per hour seemingly on a windy day and I get these random morse code sounds in the cabin seemingly originating more from the passenger side but it can be very loud. It drives me absolutely nuts. It sounds different than wind noise, wasn't sure if it was something thru the speakers, SiriusXM, or what but driving me crazy. I have a video I need to upload. Need to take to a dealer. Have you found a resolution to yours?

preston42

Reaction score
Any fix?? Thats exactly what mine sounds like 2019 limited
@RamCares that is exactly what mine sounds like too! Almost sounds like morse code going thru the cabin. Especially at 70-75+ miles per hour it randomly comes seemingly when it's windy. Anyone find a solution?

Gizmo

Reaction score
Mine does this as well on windy days; generally in a crosswind condition. Watching this thread because it is annoying on a long, windy drive

Klane

Reaction score
Mine does exactly that same thing. When I fold in my mirrors, it goes away.

Johnfmurphy

Reaction score
Mine has the same noise. it sounds like the driver and passenger door are not sealing against the frame. I have it loaded up with weather stripping and its seems to have helped the cross wind noise, but did not help with the whistling.

IndianaRam

Reaction score
Mine has been doing the same thing. Only when on expressway over 70+ on windy day. Mine sounds like its coming from the driver's door. I may just try and order new driver's door seal. It is annoying!

Users who are viewing this thread