5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wind noise is killing me

Micho101

Reaction score
Does anyone else have this issue? when driving 80+ or into a strong headwind there's a loud whistling noise that sounds like it's coming from the mirrors. I just left the dealer after replacing both mirrors and the noise is still there. I have the power-folding mirrors.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Which mirrors do you have? I have no issues with my non-tow mirrors, but I think I've seen people have this issue with the tow mirrors.

Micho101

Reaction score
Which mirrors do you have? I have no issues with my non-tow mirrors, but I think I've seen people have this issue with the tow mirrors.
I have none tow power folding with led turn signal and led puddle light

Attachments

• 307BD496-9487-47C1-9094-307E71ED16A3.jpg
    307BD496-9487-47C1-9094-307E71ED16A3.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 36

eric.ensley1

Reaction score
Ram 1500 limited, yes we have wind noise also. So annoying at 65+ mph.

Sent from my Phone 2 using Tapatalk

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have none tow power folding with led turn signal and led puddle light
Same mirrors I have. Maybe I don't notice because of the radio. Guess I'll have to turn it down and see next time.

Goldsy

Reaction score
Mine is super quiet (not as quiet as my Titan was). I have a 1500 Limited with power folding (non tow) mirrors.

Srob85

Reaction score
Holy crap! That is crazy loud. I thought it was going to be the same noise I am hearing. I have a very high pitched noise which starts when i hit 50 MPH. Of course my wife cant hear it, but it is clear as day to me. If I fold the mirrors in while driving 60mph the noise will go away. I have tried taping the mirror in various places as well as the the door and window trim to see if I can get the noise to stop. So far no luck, been at it for a few months now.

Micho101

Reaction score
Holy crap! That is crazy loud. I thought it was going to be the same noise I am hearing. I have a very high pitched noise which starts when i hit 50 MPH. Of course my wife cant hear it, but it is clear as day to me. If I fold the mirrors in while driving 60mph the noise will go away. I have tried taping the mirror in various places as well as the the door and window trim to see if I can get the noise to stop. So far no luck, been at it for a few months now.
I do a lot of hwy driving and it is horrible I know when I am doing over 75 cause my truck starts to sing. it is so loud the radio doesn't help. folding them makes the noise go away but that's not the safest lol

RodRow

Reaction score
I had the whistle-type noise at high speeds and especially into headwinds. I ultimately figured out that it was the seal between the door and the truck down the A-Frame next to the windshield. I bought a cheap roll of automotive rubber weatherstripping from Home Depot and ran it down both doors behind the existing rubber door seals and it resolved it completely (except for extreme headwind conditions).

My conclusion was that the mirrors catch so much air, that it pulls the on the front of the door seal (between the fender and the roof) just enough to let air slip by and create the annoying sound.

Give it a try…it could save your sanity. :)

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I know that a lot of F150 owners complained of a whistle from the mirrors and the dealers couldn't figure it out. I popped off the interior trim for the mirror and sealed every hole for wires, mounting nuts, etc and the whistle went away. Not sure if that would work on these trucks.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Might be on the wrong track here, but doesn’t the active noise canceling make a wind noise? I think I’ve heard it a few times in my ram. Otherwise very quiet

Users who are viewing this thread