5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Winch mounts?

cra1g

Reaction score
This one on a 4th-gen is just about as simple as can be--I'm no fabrication genius, but I've got a welder, and I think even I could knock out something like this for a 5th-gen.

Attachments

• Winch Mount 1.jpg
    Winch Mount 1.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 112

AnthonyD1978

Reaction score
This one on a 4th-gen is just about as simple as can be--I'm no fabrication genius, but I've got a welder, and I think even I could knock out something like this for a 5th-gen.

That's similar to the Vice design using the bumper mount locations. Very easy for anyone with a welder or mock it up using bolts and take to a shop to have the welds done. Depending on the price of the Vice mount I may go with something like the above.

Most of the 4th gen ones I've seen are mounted "flat" so you don't have to take the bumper off to install. Not the best design for strength.

RPeezy

Reaction score
That's similar to the Vice design using the bumper mount locations. Very easy for anyone with a welder or mock it up using bolts and take to a shop to have the welds done. Depending on the price of the Vice mount I may go with something like the above.

Most of the 4th gen ones I've seen are mounted "flat" so you don't have to take the bumper off to install. Not the best design for strength.

The 4th gen one from vice is $570 CAD or about $425 USD. Pretty cheap, imo, so hopefully it stays the same for the 5th gen. The vice one also has a frame reinforcement bracket that connects the front of the frame rail to the lower frame horn. It looks pretty stout.

Mighty Snowpants

Reaction score
Sweet. Love the front clutch mount access idea. I was wondering with the current model if I had to crawl under truck to access the clutch.

AnthonyD1978

Reaction score
Vice design put a sneak preview up on IG:

They just replied back to me. They told me it will fit all 1500 models (not just rebel) and they will be test fitting next week.

cra1g

Reaction score
That's pretty slick. I've got already got a Smittybilt X20 I'll pull off my Grand Cherokee. I use a Factor 55 flat link instead of a hook, so I won't need the hook bracket on the right. I think what I would do instead is relocate the socket for the wired remote there (just in case the batteries in the remote are dead, etc).

AnthonyD1978

Reaction score
The vice design mount is available. I've already ordered it.

Users who are viewing this thread