5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will you stay with Ram?

Rebelguy2020

Ram Guru
Reaction score
One more month to go and my Rebel will be a year old, and 6 years of payments left, that is crazy, 0% financing for 84 months was the only option, so I plan on keeping it for another six years. I am very satisfied with my Rebel diesel efficiency for every kind of driving, city, highway and towing. I may consider trading my Rebel and my wife’s 2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Elite for a Grand Cherokee after my truck is payed off, we are both retiring this coming January and will eventually go down to one vehicle. I would need something to tow more than the smaller Cherokee. I would really like the option of the ecodiesel if it would be available at that time.

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Vehicles have gotten much larger/heavier and more powerful. That 1989 Plymouth Acclaim generated a whopping 100hp and weighed less than 2800 lbs. A Honda Civic these days weighs a MINIMUM of 2800 lbs. And nobody will buy a car generating 100hp anymore. You'd probably have to use a 1.3L (non-turbo) engine today to generate only 100hp. Put that in a 2800lb car and it will get stellar fuel mileage. But nobody will want to drive it.
You're probably right about people not buying a 100 horsepower four-door sedan anymore, but that car had more than enough power for average driving and was a real pleasant car to drive.

My daughter's Veloster gets about the same gas mileage, has more power and it sure is faster, but not a car for an old guy like me who's lost spinal flexibility. Comfort wise, a long trip is no more than 40 miles!

Best regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 03 June 2018. Now at: 051844 miles.

MBDC

Reaction score
I have a truck, the wife has the sedan, so looks like I'll be staying put in a RAM truck for a while. In 4/5 years when RAM has an electric version, I'll upgrade to that one.

dutchman187

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the lifetime warranty and I love my truck (as long as I'm not paying for repairs). Couple that with my average length of keeping a vehicle is 13 years and I'd say I'm set for another 15 years at least

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/