5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will there be a DT Regular Cab?

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well I think eventually they will. It just might be something you would have to order special...because it won't be mass produced like the crew cab is.

Owner of a 20 Ram Laramie, 16 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 21 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

RSConsulting

Reaction score
5% of the market might even be a stretch. Cool look for a "sport truck" though.

Work trucks are going to want a back seat area to throw/secure valuables or helpers. Daily drivers (like myself) a place to stick your dog or groceries. Pretty much EVERYONE is going to want a back seat area (even on a 2 door). I loved my Chevy Tahoe 2 door, for the few years they brought it back. But it had a back seat too.

Pickup doesn't really work for me (personally) as well as an SUV - but it was time for a new vehicle - and I figured I'd give it a shot. I'm hanging in for the rumored 22/23 durango on the 1500 chassis - but the 21 Chevy Tahoe looks really nice - might have to go test drive one.

Rick

jmr

Reaction score
I had a 2014 RAM regular cab. There is more room than you think behind the seat.
For a sport truck you can't beat the look of it although impractical.
When I was shopping for my 2019 quad cab it was difficult to find since everything seemed to be crew cab only.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Kind of cracks me up how everyone now thinks they need a back seat in a pickup, when for most of my life pickups didn't have back seats :ROFLMAO:

I honestly prefer to have one now that I'm used to having it. But I certainly don't need it. I'd still buy a pickup if they only made regular cabs.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Kind of cracks me up how everyone now thinks they need a back seat in a pickup, when for most of my life pickups didn't have back seats :ROFLMAO:

I honestly prefer to have one now that I'm used to having it. But I certainly don't need it. I'd still buy a pickup if they only made regular cabs.
Yea, the hole idea of a pickup was to haul things not carry people. I had a 1995 Ram regular cab in college, you could fit a lot of stuff behind the front seat and it was wide enough to fit 4 people across in the front if you were in a pinch.

RunsWithBeer

Reaction score
All my trucks were standard cab until about 1996. We were redneck enough to put folding chairs in the bed of the truck. Whoever couldn't fit up front would take turns riding in the bed on long interstate trips. Just a note... some people get carsick when facing backward in a moving vehicle.

If you recall, Subaru Brat trucks came with factory rear facing seats in the bed of the truck to get around the truck import tariff because, you know, trucks only had a single bench seat up front and anything with more than one row of seating wasn't a truck.

Ah, simpler times. Now we worry if our air conditioned seats aren't cooling our buns properly. What have we become?

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It is funny how when the Dodge RAM 1500 debuted in 1994...regular cab only.

2019...no regular cab in site.

I prefer a regular cab too. But 5 member family and using a truck daily...have to have room for everything. So I got a crew cab 8 foot bed and no regrets.

But I am anxiously awaiting the regular cab 5th Gen.

The HeftyDuty 4.5 Gen regular cab is a gorgeous truck.

Now. If I could get a regular cab shortbed 6 or 7 speed manual...our Cherokee would be getting traded in.

2 of my favorite regular cabs
index.jpeg 0428001234.jpg

Reactions: jmr

Users who are viewing this thread