5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will there be a 392 RAM?

bwsRam19

Reaction score
Highly doubt the idea of a 392 Ram. SRT was just axed on Friday. Stellantis will go the way of Hybrids and EV’s. Hellcat is probs going in the next 2 years and 5.7 Hemi’s in the next 5-10 years.
"These products have delighted enthusiasts for nearly two decades, and Stellantis will continue to sell and develop the next generation of Dodge//SRT-branded vehicles, as well as Jeep and Ram vehicles that utilize high-performance SRT technology.” pulled this quote, i think your overreacting

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
"These products have delighted enthusiasts for nearly two decades, and Stellantis will continue to sell and develop the next generation of Dodge//SRT-branded vehicles, as well as Jeep and Ram vehicles that utilize high-performance SRT technology.” pulled this quote, i think your overreacting
The Demon was pulled after 1 year. The Durango Hellcat will only be made this year. The reason? Emissions. Why would a brand new company, half of which (PSA) has already dedicated pretty much all their brands to new EV’s, still be making low production gas guzzlers that lose them brownie points in not only the global market, but also towards governments? It’s not an overreaction. Mercedes, Toyota, BMW, GM, are all going to EV’s. The age of the V8 is over dude. Like it or not. Notice how the line says “SRT Technology”. They’re not going to be traditional SRT hellcats that don’t pass 2022 emissions lol.

Last edited:

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with electric cars, other than cost, efficiency, impact on the environment, and possibility of electrocution

silver billet

Reaction score
The Demon was pulled after 1 year. The Durango Hellcat will only be made this year. The reason? Emissions. Why would a brand new company, half of which (PSA) has already dedicated pretty much all their brands to new EV’s, still be making low production gas guzzlers that lose them brown one points in not only the global market, but also towards governments? It’s not an overreaction. Mercedes, Toyota, BMW, GM, are all going to EV’s. The age of the V8 is over dude. Like it or not. Notice how the line says “SRT Technology”. They’re not going to be traditional SRT hellcats that don’t pass 2022 emissions lol.

The quote says: "next generation of Dodge//SRT-branded vehicles"
and then also says: "as well as Jeep and Ram vehicles that utilize high-performance SRT technology"

So I don't see how you get to "SRT is axed" from that quote. SRT was never branded on Jeep/Ram, it has always been a dodge thing. Jeep/Ram just borrowed the engines, but for example, it's just a 702 hp engine in the TRX, they don't officially call it the "SRT" even though we know it is. Marketing.

You're welcome to your opinion of course, but I do agree with @bwsRam19 , you're kind of over reacting here. No doubt the v8 will not be around forever, but saying "it's over" is unjustified, there are still plenty of v8's being offered in the future even if more mainstream models no longer use them. For example, Ford's 7.3, the v8 they're putting in the new raptor R(?), GM's new 6.6; those are all newly developed or tweaked and they're not going to axe them in the next 2 years. I'm sure Ram is keeping the v8 alive in trucks for the next little while too.

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The quote says: "next generation of Dodge//SRT-branded vehicles"
and then also says: "as well as Jeep and Ram vehicles that utilize high-performance SRT technology"

So I don't see how you get to "SRT is axed" from that quote. SRT was never branded on Jeep/Ram, it has always been a dodge thing. Jeep/Ram just borrowed the engines, but for example, it's just a 702 hp engine in the TRX, they don't officially call it the "SRT" even though we know it is. Marketing.

You're welcome to your opinion of course, but I do agree with @bwsRam19 , you're kind of over reacting here. No doubt the v8 will not be around forever, but saying "it's over" is unjustified, there are still plenty of v8's being offered in the future even if more mainstream models no longer use them. For example, Ford's 7.3, the v8 they're putting in the new raptor R(?), GM's new 6.6; those are all newly developed or tweaked and they're not going to axe them in the next 2 years. I'm sure Ram is keeping the v8 alive in trucks for the next little while too.
Yeah I just don’t see that happening, we shall see. I just saw Jaguar is another brand, all EV’s by 2025.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The SRT is axed was used as click bait by all the articles

Demon...one year...yeah...it wasnt one year it was a limited run.

The Durango is one year with the Hellcat because of its class...but yes emmissions is the reason...they could detune it...but why is the point.

SRT has come and gone as a division many times. Heck it was a brand for a very short period

SRT has not been allowed on Jeep or RAM.

IT IS FINE. The click bait headlines did their job.

We got a while to enjoy them yet. So please, go buy them

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The SRT is axed was used as click bait by all the articles

Demon...one year...yeah...it wasnt one year it was a limited run.

The Durango is one year with the Hellcat because of its class...but yes emmissions is the reason...they could detune it...but why is the point.

SRT has come and gone as a division many times. Heck it was a brand for a very short period

SRT has not been allowed on Jeep or RAM.

IT IS FINE. The click bait headlines did their job.

We got a while to enjoy them yet. So please, go buy them
I’m just using SRT to view the wider picture. Stellantis isn’t FCA anymore, their new agenda relies on electric and hybridization. That’s what PSA has been doing. Half of the company now. Also I don’t know why everyone keeps saying SRT isn’t on Jeep and Ram. That’s not the point, it’s the same engines 😂. SRT is just dodge’s. FCA was just too lazy to make performance division sub brands for them. The new performance vehicles will not be the same as today’s SRT or SRT-like vehicles, wait and see. Watch what Toyota does with the Tundra engine, look what GM did this year, Ford has like 6 engines on their F-150, one is a V8. The writing is on the wall.

SD Rebel

Reaction score
Of course the V8 engine is on limited time, Ford has been trying to get rid of it on the F150 for the last decade. GM and FCA have been slowly following their lead, GM mostly with the addition of a 4 cylinder Turbo in the Silverado, higher use of aluminum, start/stop, etc.

FCA has always been a step behind Ford and GM when it comes to drivetrain innovation, but that's been part of it's charm, the RAM is the "Hemi" truck image. It's going to be dragged however into the new age, it has to eventually.

Here is another article, which states "Stellantis CEO's Plan for FCA Leads with Trucks and SUVs". You know, the things that made FCA the most money, essentially RAM & Jeep. Which is a good thing. https://www.thedrive.com/news/39248...snt-saying-much-on-future-dodge-chrysler-cars

silver billet

Reaction score
Actually I'm kind of miffed that Ford's latest 5.0 is kicking the Hemi around now. FCA needs to update the 5.7 as it is getting embarrassing. I have yet to read a review comparing the 5.0 vs the 5.7 to see if their are pros and cons to each.

But I don't see v8's leaving the truck market anytime soon unless Biden goes out of his way to really turn the screws. They just work so well there and are starting to give diesels a real run for their money for more and more customers.

I don't interpret the introduction of GM's 2.7 as trying to bury the V8; it's not designed to replace the v8, it's designed to replace their aging v6. So it's a base motor, not their high end motor. For all of GM's talk about going all in on EV's, that remains to be seen. Some speculate it's just bluffing to show the biden administration that they don't need to turn up the pressure.

Ford is on their own, but again, even they just spent millions on a 7.3 and just finished updating their 5.0.

Users who are viewing this thread