5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will the price go down later?

TempleOS

Reaction score
I really want a 5th gen
But 47k+ for the big horn is too much IMO

any chance they go down next year ?
I’m hoping they’re at the high price MSRP right now cause they’re brand new

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
MSRP is unlikely to go down, rebates will go up as the newness factor wears off whenever sales start dropping.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Buy a used one. Next year there will be tons of used ones. You can already buy a used one on auto trader and cars.com

work22

Reaction score
Yeah, msrp won't drop but they will offer more incentives. That's where I'm at as well. Currently they're only offering around a grand off leaving the big horn in particular at a pretty hard price to swallow. The big horns will most likely get more incentives later on since they are higher volume which will bring the price down. I know they wanna get as much as they can while there's a lot of hype but they're also gonna wanna grab buyers before chevy gets to market. I'm hoping we'll at least see a few thousand in incentives by some time this summer.

Spe1996

Reaction score
Right now all the big incentives are designed to move the 2018 models.

I am hoping that once the GM twins get released later this summer and grab the spotlight and the Ford f-150 diesel starts showing up in larger numbers that the incentives will increase on the 2019 rams.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
there is 25% rebate currently on the 2017's in my area. New 2017's are still out there too

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Still got some of the plastic sheeting on it...how do they consider it used.
icon_lol.gif

D

Deleted member 85

MSRP is actually only going to go up.

Rebates will go up, but the DT Ram will always (IMO) be more money than a DS was for a multitude of reasons.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
BobbiBigWheels said:
MSRP is actually only going to go up.

Rebates will go up, but the DT Ram will always (IMO) be more money than a DS was for a multitude of reasons.
100% correct with that statement. Ford has 4 price increases per year on the F150 - not huge, but every $$$ matters.

I was planning to replace my truck within the next 6 months. I have a DT on order now. I figure with FCA wanting to get this truck launched and on the streets before the new GM twins make their debut and Ford is in full force with the diesel F150...the time won't get any better. I got a hell of a deal off MSRP and a great trade in value so I'm happy (FWIW - I even have a $3,000 Private Cash offer from Ford and still bought a DT).

With the new GMs this fall and Ford expanding engine options - it's very difficult to say what will happen with rebates. If you want it, buy it now. No better time if you ask me.

Users who are viewing this thread