5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will Laramie fender flares fit a rebel?

Apexevo8

Reaction score
I’m having a hard time finding a direct answer. In some of my searches it seems like no but I can’t find anything to confirm for sure. I can’t find anyone who has actually attempted to do it or anything pointing out the differences between the two flares other than possible dimensions, but even in that post from 3 years ago the dimensions seem the same to me when I measured. The only ones I can on mopars website are off road flares and they don’t require holes in the fender so it says they fit every model. Everything I find is older and vague, so hopefully someone knows now. Can you put the painted Laramie fender flares on a rebel? Thanks.

Last edited:

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
All DTs have the same fenders (TRX not included) so any flares that fit one will fit them all. OEM flares will require drilling holes in the fenders if they aren't already there, or modification of the flares. There are several aftermarket flares that are quite similar to oem, and don;t require drilling holes.

6of36

Reaction score
All DTs have the same fenders (TRX not included) so any flares that fit one will fit them all. OEM flares will require drilling holes in the fenders if they aren't already there, or modification of the flares. There are several aftermarket flares that are quite similar to oem, and don;t require drilling holes.
All fenders are NOT the same. Laramie down, and Longhorn up. They do have the same opening though.

HemiDude

Reaction score
All fenders are NOT the same. Laramie down, and Longhorn up. They do have the same opening though.
Not sure what your “down” and “up” comments are about, the same fender flares will fit both trucks

6of36

Reaction score
Not sure what your “down” and “up” comments are about, the same fender flares will fit both trucks
The wheel openings are the same, so flares will fit, but the fenders are not the same. Laramie down, Laramie, Big Horn Tradesman. Longhorn up, Longhorn, Limited. I'm not sure which fender a Rebel has, I haven't looked. Lower models have different headlights than higher models, and take a different fender.

HemiDude

Reaction score
Well, my comment to the poster was regarding the fender flares. Aside from that, aren’t the fenders the same, and just the trim piece under the headlights is different?

6of36

Reaction score
Well, my comment to the poster was regarding the fender flares. Aside from that, aren’t the fenders the same, and just the trim piece under the headlights is different?
Nope

HemiDude

Reaction score
Not trying to be a ****, I'm just not seeing it. Looked it up on the mopar parts site, it lists the same fender for all the models you listed.

6of36

Reaction score
Not trying to be a ****, I'm just not seeing it. Looked it up on the mopar parts site, it lists the same fender for all the models you listed.
Look at the pictures. The lower trim headlights are about 4" high, at the ends. The higher trim headlights are about 3" high at the end. The angle of the bottoms of the headlights are different. The wheel wells are the same, but the fenders are not.

HemiDude

Reaction score
I understand what you are saying about the headlights, but it appears to me that the trim pieces are made differently for the higher-trim headlights. The leading fender edges where those trim pieces abut look the same to me.

6of36

Reaction score
I understand what you are saying about the headlights, but it appears to me that the trim pieces are made differently for the higher-trim headlights. The leading fender edges where those trim pieces abut look the same to me.
Look at one in person. I never noticed it until about 9 months ago. Now, I see it a mile away. The bottom edge of the lower models is almost horizontal. The lower edge on the upper trims goes up about 10 degrees.

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
According to your pictures, the fenders are the same, only different are the trim panels under the head lights.

6of36

Reaction score
According to your pictures, the fenders are the same, only different are the trim panels under the head lights.
How do you not see the difference? The bottom angle of the headlights is different. The low trim are almost square, and the upper ones taper up.

6of36

Reaction score
Maybe these will help.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-09-11 at 13-43-43 iris (AVIF Image 1944 × 1052 pixels) — Scaled (33_).png
    Screenshot 2023-09-11 at 13-43-43 iris (AVIF Image 1944 × 1052 pixels) — Scaled (33_).png
    157.7 KB · Views: 30
  • Screenshot 2023-09-11 at 13-44-15 iris (AVIF Image 1944 × 1052 pixels) — Scaled (33_).png
    Screenshot 2023-09-11 at 13-44-15 iris (AVIF Image 1944 × 1052 pixels) — Scaled (33_).png
    146.5 KB · Views: 26

RebelWraith

Polymath
Reaction score
To answer the OPs question. No they will not fit on a Rebel. The bumper filler panel between the headlights and bumper isn't as tall on the Rebel models as the rest of the 1500 Rams regardless of model.

This is due to the Rebel bumper being moved up higher than the rest of the 1500s. This makes finding aftermarket fender flares for the Rebel difficult at this moment. Currently there is only one model other than factory Rebel fenders flares that will fit and they are Rebel specific:

If you try to mount any model fender flare other than a Rebel to a Rebel they would be approximately 1" to long on the front leading edge of the front fender flares.

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How do you not see the difference? The bottom angle of the headlights is different. The low trim are almost square, and the upper ones taper up.
Here is a side by side of the fenders. Forget about the lights or the sail panels. Just look at the fender. Fenders.jpg

6of36

Reaction score
How about now? Notice the angle of the lines under the headlights?

Attachments

• Laramie lite.png
    Laramie lite.png
    29.4 KB · Views: 10
  • Limited lite.png
    Limited lite.png
    22.7 KB · Views: 10

6of36

Reaction score
Major apologies. I admit I was wrong. I was thinking trim of the headlights. I actually never noticed the seam between the fender and the panel below the headlight. I see that the lower panel seams mid headlight, changing the opening.

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Major apologies. I admit I was wrong. I was thinking trim of the headlights. I actually never noticed the seam between the fender and the panel below the headlight. I see that the lower panel seams mid headlight, changing the opening.
No worries, we all are wrong sometimes. Looks can be deceiving. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread