5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will a Procharger void warrenty?

BrucePeterson

Reaction score
I have a 2109 Ram 1500 5.7 and was really thinking about putting a Procharger Supercharger kit on it but am kinda worried about the warrenty. The truck only has 7500 miles on it but I just wanted a little extra HP out of it. Can someone let me know if this would void the warranty? Thanks!

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I have a 2109 Ram 1500 5.7 and was really thinking about putting a Procharger Supercharger kit on it but am kinda worried about the warrenty. The truck only has 7500 miles on it but I just wanted a little extra HP out of it. Can someone let me know if this would void the warranty? Thanks!
Without a doubt!

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What he said ^^^even with just a aftermarket tune they will deny warranty if they catch it was tuned. My buddy works at a Ford dealer and Ford has them check pcm for #of key cycles (or something like that) since last change to detect tuning when they have internal engine damage.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

STI_MECE

Reaction score
no it wont void your warranty. Example, if you install your procharger, and then later on your window regulator goes out. Replacing the window regulator should be covered under warranty. But you best believe Ram will try and say that a procharger troll who has magical powers can some how make a window regulator fail if you hold your nose and pat your belly at the same time.

My main point is that the more you mod your truck the harder it's going to be to prove to them that the work you didnt cause something to fail early.

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act.
They cannot void your warranty due to an aftermarket parts unless they can prove that the aftermarket parts was the cause of or contributed to the failure.

silver billet

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
It will void anything on your engine, drivetrain etc. I don't believe "Magnuson-Moss" will save you unless you can afford a lawyer, often justice comes down to who has the deeper pockets.

If you can afford a pro-charger, just keep in mind you should be able to afford the fix when things go wrong in your engine, because FCA will try as hard as they can to deny you.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
They cannot void your warranty due to an aftermarket parts unless they can prove that the aftermarket parts was the cause of or contributed to the failure.
As @SilverBillet stated, the MM act will not protect you. You will go bankrupt hiring a lawyer to fight it. The MM act was not designed for messing with the engine or other major components like suspension, etc. When I hear people reference the MM act it just makes me laugh like the US Government is going to go to bat for you if you have an issue with the dealer or manufacturer :ROFLMAO:

Nickv1214

Reaction score
As @SilverBillet stated, the MM act will not protect you. You will go bankrupt hiring a lawyer to fight it. The MM act was not designed for messing with the engine or other major components like suspension, etc. When I hear people reference the MM act it just makes me laugh like the US Government is going to go to bat for you if you have an issue with the dealer or manufacturer :ROFLMAO:
Lmao this is so true . Any aftermarket part that goes onto that ram , one way or another the dealer will find a way to blame it on that . And by the time you get finished fighting them, with lawyers and anything else , was the part really worth it ? I always figure the second I mod it , heads , cam , blower , etc ... just forget about the dealer , going back isn’t even a option .

KCViper

Reaction score
Will be cheaper to sell your truck and buy a TRX in the long run......maybe! JK...:) Wait til its out of warranty if you really want the added HP without warranty issues!

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Will be cheaper to sell your truck and buy a TRX in the long run......maybe! JK...:) Wait til its out of warranty if you really want the added HP without warranty issues!
Great advice with either option.

Ellisstrong

Reaction score
Just get it if you want it. The likelihood you have engine warranty issues aren’t that high in my opinion. YOLO. As a side note I have had warranty work on sensors going out, steering noise, and various other cosmetic issues since installing my Procharger and level and it hasn’t ever come up yet.

Nickv1214

Reaction score
Just get it if you want it. The likelihood you have engine warranty issues aren’t that high in my opinion. YOLO. As a side note I have had warranty work on sensors going out, steering noise, and various other cosmetic issues since installing my Procharger and level and it hasn’t ever come up yet.
How do you like the pro charger set up with the ETorque ? What type of gains did you pick up with it ?

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Trust me when I say this: that ‘act’ sounds great in theory, but when it comes down to it the dealership or corporate doesn’t give a F*%# about that. And unless you have deep pockets and a lot of luck, you’re not going to convince them otherwise. I know from experience.

silver billet

Reaction score
Hey I like it. Truck runs great and I haven’t had any real issues. I went from 320 whp before to 490 whp after my custom tune and headers

But does it eat f150's? That is the question....

Orion10182011

Reaction score
If you blow an engine or trans etc with the supercharger on it then nope they won't cover it. If power locks or something unrelated goes out you would probably be ok on that.

Pretty much figure you power train warranty is void.

Users who are viewing this thread