5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WIFI

rsmeanie

Reaction score
Picked up on special offer that they kept mailing me. $15.00 is what I’m paying for the 22gigs a month.

I got the same offer last year. I turned on the hotspot for $15 and turned off the cell coverage on my Apple Watch. There’s never a time when I don’t have my phone with me so the AT&T service on my watch was useless. That saved me $10 so the truck was a net new $5.

The nice thing about the truck’s AT&T service is the larger antenna. When my phone is showing 1 or 2 bars, the truck will have 4 or 5.

Xhumeka

Reaction score
Has anyone tested the range of the wifi? Could you use your laptop 30-40 feet from your truck, or is the range intended for use INSIDE the vehicle?

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Has anyone tested the range of the wifi? Could you use your laptop 30-40 feet from your truck, or is the range intended for use INSIDE the vehicle?
IIRC the stated range is about 25 feet and matches my experience with a tablet and a laptop.

Socmat23

Reaction score
Hey All, I Just got a cheaper offer in the mail and am wondering if this might be worth it. My camp does not have great internet because of how far out we are, and I am wondering if this might work. Do you know if the truck has to be on? To make this worth it, it would have to work with the truck off. Thanks

Zeeya

Reaction score
Hey All, I Just got a cheaper offer in the mail and am wondering if this might be worth it. My camp does not have great internet because of how far out we are, and I am wondering if this might work. Do you know if the truck has to be on? To make this worth it, it would have to work with the truck off. Thanks
Has to be in accessory mode or on. Accessory mode shuts off after about 20 minutes and you have to turn off and on again. I used it on my iPad to do online training while in the field.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Has to be in accessory mode or on. Accessory mode shuts off after about 20 minutes and you have to turn off and on again. I used it on my iPad to do online training while in the field.
^^^ This ^^^

RJS

Reaction score
They just kept sending me offers for the wi-fi and then I received the one for $15 and jumped on it. Billed monthly, cancel anytime. 22gigs a month
I waited almost a year to get a $15/mo offer but no bueno, so I took the $200/yr offer last week which is more but not that much. $380 will get you 2 yrs which is close to $15/mo.

66Fuelie

Reaction score
Mine does a good job with email and streaming YouTube for the grandkids.
I pretty much live on the road with my job, normally if I need to download a small file for work it will work good. I still have a lot of customers in rural areas with no wifi and no cell reception.
Tom

bvigne01

Reaction score
what kind of speeds are you guys getting? I get less than 4MBPS down and like 1 up
I called AT&T and they took a look at it. Said I sould be getting better speeds. They say its software or hardware on the truck and I should contact the dealer

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
what kind of speeds are you guys getting? I get less than 4MBPS down and like 1 up
I called AT&T and they took a look at it. Said I sould be getting better speeds. They say its software or hardware on the truck and I should contact the dealer
Before my WiFi quit, was getting 36 Mb down load, maybe 4 to 6 up load.
This is cell-phone service provider coverage dependent. Got zero connection couple times on I-95 in Georgia. Nothing wrong with my truck...

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I do the $200 a year plan. Credit card and work both cover it so I make $200.

Ram21

Reaction score
So if we don't have ATT are we s**t out of luck? Can you convert to say T-mobile?

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Great, one more way for the tax loving Democrats to track our use (mileage) and tax us all by the mile as has been proposed.

bvigne01

Reaction score
I found out my problem was site-specific. I've used the wifi in other locations and got 25 MBPS down.

bvigne01

Reaction score
I use T-Mobile for my cell plan but had to set up an AT@T account for the truck

Users who are viewing this thread