5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WIFI

U

User_3336

No, I have Verizon and just created an account to use the hotspot.

that is strange, FCA/UCONNECT contracts with AT&T for the hotspot in the trucks. What area do you reside in?

RBJ

Reaction score
You may find this YouTube video of interest — How to get WiFi in your RAM, Jeep, Chrysler. It explains WiFi range, number of devices to connect, monthly cost options (you can cancel at any time) and more. Your phones will save battery power, after activating, because it will not be searching (via LTE) constantly. It works quite well in my RAM.

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
that is strange, FCA/UCONNECT contracts with AT&T for the hotspot in the trucks. What area do you reside in?
I'm in Chicago. You don't need to be an AT&T wireless customer to subscribe to the hotspot. Go to the website, creats an account, pick a plan, and give them a credit card number.

U

User_3336

I'm in Chicago. You don't need to be an AT&T wireless customer to subscribe to the hotspot. Go to the website, creats an account, pick a plan, and give them a credit card number.
I didn't say you had to be at AT&T wireless customer to sign up for the hotspot

So, how are you confirming the in-vehicle HOTSPOT is from AT&T or Verizon ? ?

Can you post a link to the signup site ? ?

This is the link for a RAM signup, and it IS on the AT&T website . .

myvehicle.att.com/#/ram/learn?country=US&language=en

Last edited by a moderator:

OCD Solutions

Reaction score
I'm not sure if they still offer it but I scored a deal on the AT&T prepaid unlimited data plan on Black Friday 2020 that gives me unlimited data for $15/month.
There's no contract so I can cancel anytime but who would when the standard cost is $48/month.

2021-12-09_133615.jpg

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
When I looked at the hotspot prices, it's $20/month or $200/year for unlimited data.

U

User_3336

I'm not sure if they still offer it but I scored a deal on the AT&T prepaid unlimited data plan on Black Friday 2020 that gives me unlimited data for $15/month.
There's no contract so I can cancel anytime but who would when the standard cost is $48/month.

View attachment 113410
the STANDARD cost is $25. There was a $20 offer when you signed up, but you had to accept the offer THAT DAY.

There is no Recent offer better than what I listed above.

66Fuelie

Reaction score
I have $20/month, in my case well worth it for the amount I use it for work.
Tom

Ram21

Reaction score
If anyone has this along with the Carlink wireless carplay receiver often mentioned on the forum and how you get this to work (if you can).
Since the Carlink is wifi, I cannot get my phone to use this and the ATT wifi from the Ram, it's either or. Obviously since both are wifi. Unplugging the Carlink solves the issue but I do like the wireless Carplay.

Users who are viewing this thread