5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wifi trouble

LV426

Reaction score
I'd love to know how this isn't a bigger deal & why Ram isn't reaching out to customers and fessing up about the issue.

I expect the entire ownership of this truck will be nothing but Uconnect issues....

tom318

Reaction score
I have the 8.4 but seems to be more talk here on this issue. My 2021 is acting up now. Usually was able to just reset the infotainment but that’s not longer working. Has anyone had success going to the dealer for a software update? Do they charge for that service? My phone will claim it’s connected and will even show up on the connected devices on the truck but no actual service still. Att said it’s a RAM issue and they are working on it with no solution yet. 7FA6CDD9-CD10-44A7-9F2A-8DCBD4D7B924.jpeg

Last edited:

Merlin

Reaction score
Disconnect the battery for a little bit and then reconnect, see it that works.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have the 8.4 but seems to be more talk here on this issue. My 2021 is acting up now. Usually was able to just reset the infotainment but that’s not longer working. Has anyone had success going to the dealer for a software update? Do they charge for that service? My phone will claim it’s connected and will even show up on the connected devices on the truck but no actual service still. Att said it’s a RAM issue and they are working on it with no solution yet. View attachment 136873
Hello Tom318,

Thank you for grabbing our attention. Please send us a PM with your VIN, we'd be happy to look into this further for you.

William
Ram Cares

jimk hunt

Reaction score
This works on home internet so maybe try first before disconnecting battery etc. On the device go to wifi and join the network (blue check). Then hit i button and hit forget network. Rejoin and enter the same password. Have not tried on a Ram.

tom318

Reaction score
This works on home internet so maybe try first before disconnecting battery etc. On the device go to wifi and join the network (blue check). Then hit i button and hit forget network. Rejoin and enter the same password. Have not tried on a Ram.
So I disconnected the battery for several hours. It fixed my internet issue for now but when I restarted my infotainment came up with a theme I’ve never seen and No themes were selected in the set theme menu. Now my climate control is not working, using the knobs I can either set it to hi or low, not a set temperature. This is stupid.

Edit. WiFi no longer works. Disconnected battery again for a short period and things are normal again with the climate control. WiFi lasted about 15min before it went out again. Disappointed, obviously not the hardware since it was functioning. Some software bugs perhaps....very strange.

Last edited:

RBJ

Reaction score
I have had the exact same issue since May in a 2019 Jeep Rubicon and in a 2021 RAM 1500 Longhorn Limited. I have called AT&T more times than I can remember. It’s always the same response; they are aware of the problem and do NOT know what specifically is causing it. The RAM has had service off and on since May. The Jeep has had NO WiFi service since May. This week when I spoke with AT&T tech support they said they believe the problem will be resolved by the end of September. I think there’s a lot of finger pointing between AT&T and FCA’s Uconnect system.

tom318

Reaction score
I have had the exact same issue since May in a 2019 Jeep Rubicon and in a 2021 RAM 1500 Longhorn Limited. I have called AT&T more times than I can remember. It’s always the same response; they are aware of the problem and do NOT know what specifically is causing it. The RAM has had service off and on since May. The Jeep has had NO WiFi service since May. This week when I spoke with AT&T tech support they said they believe the problem will be resolved by the end of September. I think there’s a lot of finger pointing between AT&T and FCA’s Uconnect system.
I believe it. I played the battery disconnect game today with some strange results. I’ve had some strange software hiccups today but after the last battery disconnect and a Uconnect reset I’m back to normal and the WiFi has been working for the last few hours. Very strange. Definitely won’t be disconnecting the battery so the kids can have WiFi on a trip, caused me more of a headache than it was worth today. Att did extend my WiFi 3months for free but...doesn’t mean to much when it has worked for 1 already and more than likely will stop working soon anyway.

Merlin

Reaction score
I have the 8.4 uconnect and the fix I used last time was disconnect the phone and forget it from the system. I reset the wifi system in the radio menu. then I held both buttons in for ten seconds, the volume and tuning knobs and let go, when I let go it powers the radio down, I see the ram logo and it fades away. then I turn off the vehicle and open the drivers door and leave it open for 60 seconds or a little more than that. Then I powered up the truck and reset the wifi back to the name and password I have in my phone and then reconnected my phone. My earlier post on this is more accurate since it was right after I did it and it has worked since. Good luck.

tom318

Reaction score
I have the 8.4 uconnect and the fix I used last time was disconnect the phone and forget it from the system. I reset the wifi system in the radio menu. then I held both buttons in for ten seconds, the volume and tuning knobs and let go, when I let go it powers the radio down, I see the ram logo and it fades away. then I turn off the vehicle and open the drivers door and leave it open for 60 seconds or a little more than that. Then I powered up the truck and reset the wifi back to the name and password I have in my phone and then reconnected my phone. My earlier post on this is more accurate since it was right after I did it and it has worked since. Good luck.
Resetting the radio itself in the past would always do the trick for me. I recently tried "forget network" as well but that didn't work. However I never tried the reset + the door trick. Once it fails ill try that next. As of now it is still working. Thanks for the help guys!

Merlin

Reaction score
So we took a family trip up to Rhode Island Monday morning and was thinking I jinxed myself by posting about the wifi. Everything worked great on the way up and the few times we were out and about in the truck. Left early this morning and about 10 minutes after I crossed the Throgs Neck Bridge the wifi cut out. My kids were gaming and both said it was out. This time it just said network saved on my phone but wouldn't connect. When I got off the Belt Parkway waiting at the long light for Merrick Blvd I did the two button radio reset trick. Once I had the radio power down I turned the truck off, opened the door and waited until the light turned green. It was about 40 seconds but when I powered the truck back on after about 20 seconds both my sons said, "It's Back!" so it worked again. I will check it later and see if it is still working.

Users who are viewing this thread