5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wifi trouble

Reaction score
Only 1200 miles on my limited and the hotspot just quit working. Is this common? Att of course said it's not on their end. Anyone have a quick solution?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Rsorrell2

Reaction score
I had a similar issue and it was due to me changing out the 3rd brake and cargo lights with LEDs.

changed back to normal and things work (including the fob)

Reaction score
Thank you for the response but I haven't done any mods at this time

Reaction score
I was afraid of that. Just came from a 19 silverado with a bunch of issues. Here we ago again.

frostymug

Reaction score
Hey, I've been having intermittent issues where the hotspot emits the wifi signal, but the data connection does not work. For example, I will see the name of the wifi signal in my iPhone's wifi connection list, but then when I click to connect, I will get a "unable to connect to network" error. This only happens every few days, but is annoying as hell because turning the truck off and then back on doesn't seem to fix it. It just sporadically decides when it wants to work again.

Is this similar to the issues you were having? Did you go to dealer? If so, what did they say and/or do?

Lrpilot

Reaction score
Any updates for a fix to this? I’m having similar issues. Thanks.

bvigne01

Reaction score
Even when it works it's slow and would never support 10 devices as advertised. When I had issues id turn it off in the menu and on. Change password it started working again. Haven't had an issue since

ReLLIK75

Reaction score
Hey, I've been having intermittent issues where the hotspot emits the wifi signal, but the data connection does not work. For example, I will see the name of the wifi signal in my iPhone's wifi connection list, but then when I click to connect, I will get a "unable to connect to network" error. This only happens every few days, but is annoying as hell because turning the truck off and then back on doesn't seem to fix it. It just sporadically decides when it wants to work again.

Is this similar to the issues you were having? Did you go to dealer? If so, what did they say and/or do?
Have the exact same problem in my '19. It always happens on a road trip. Starts out working fine, but after stopping for a break, I get the same error. Kids get pissed because they can no longer connect to stream anything. Seems like it has something to do with the interval between stopping/restarting the truck. It's like the onboard router doesn't reset or something and starts misbehaving.

Lrpilot

Reaction score
Have the exact same problem in my '19. It always happens on a road trip. Starts out working fine, but after stopping for a break, I get the same error. Kids get pissed because they can no longer connect to stream anything. Seems like it has something to do with the interval between stopping/restarting the truck. It's like the onboard router doesn't reset or something and starts misbehaving.
That’s my issue too. That said, when it works, we’ve had no issue with 4 devices streaming Netflix, live TV, etc. I’m very happy with it when it works.

mmcdowell25

Reaction score
Hello:

I just got my 2021 Ram Limited (coming from '19 Big Horn with no issues) and was having the same issue. I eventually had to do a hard reset of the radio and changed the WIFI network name to something different than it originally was and voila the issue was fixed. I would suggest trying that. I believe to reset you have to push the power button and the tune button (buttons in center of knobs) until the screen goes blank and shows the Ram icon. After doing that change the WIFI name to something else. Then re-add the devices.

Scott B.

Reaction score
Just encountered the same issue “No internet connection” on my 2021 PW. Followed @mmcdowell25 advise and it worked perfectly. Thanks for posting your suggestion!

Merlin

Reaction score
I have had the issue intermittently and this morning I just disconnected the battery for a half hour. Now it works, but my heat only says hi and lo now, no more degree settings. I assume it will come back after I run the truck for a bit.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I have had the issue intermittently and this morning I just disconnected the battery for a half hour. Now it works, but my heat only says hi and lo now, no more degree settings. I assume it will come back after I run the truck for a bit.
When ever you disconnect the battery, it can take several hours for all systems to fully reboot and normalize. It should come back soon.

Merlin

Reaction score
Ty, I figured as much, but glad you posted that reply. Much appreciated. It's gonna sit for the next several hours while I'm at work. If it isn't reset by tonight then I stop by the dealer tomorrow.

LV426

Reaction score
Just wanted to add to this.

I've had my wifi go out a few times since owning the truck. In my case, the devices are connected but get no internet. If you check the device, its will be connect to the trucks SSID, but will say "internet may be unavailable" or something of the sort (on an Android tablet for example). Anyway, one time during a family road trip this happen (of course) so I was planning on doing a "reset" but it eventually came back maybe a day or two later.

Now recently, like the last two weeks it was out again (kids complaining no internet) so I checked it, sure enough device was connected but no internet. I disconnected the battery for 1 hour, reconnected, drove home from work and it was back working again.

Not sure what the deal is with this, maybe it's a "feature".....

Merlin

Reaction score
I did the same thing with the battery disconnect. I had previously posted a fix and it stopped working. However, after disconnecting the battery and reconnecting after about a half hour wifi was back for about a solid month. The other day it was out when i left work, so I pulled over, deleted the phone off the system, cleared the radio settings, and then did the hold both buttons on the radio for 10 seconds radio reset with the door open for a minute and then restarted the vehicle. I named the wifi the same as what I had previously and it worked and still does. I don't know what goes on but ATT keeps blaming Ram, but ram says the vehicle is connected and the problem is on ATT side. I don't get upset anymore. I just try the radio reset. when that stops working again I will disconnect the battery, Rinse and repeat. LOL

SparkyDeluxe

Reaction score
I just spoke to the Connect Car support at AT&T today. They said this is a known issue and it will be fixed in May. They credited my account 3 months.

Users who are viewing this thread