5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why wont my truck start?

sd2134

Reaction score
I had a similar issue with my wife's Caravan, turned it off 10 minutes later would not start. Good voltage, electronics worked, would not jump start. It had the exact same Mopar H7 battery as my Ram. The battery was a little over 2 years old. Replaced the battery started right up.

Ram67

Reaction score
I had the same problem last year. The floor mat somehow went over top of the accelerator pedal. I remember finally repositioned the mat and truck started right up.
Good luck

monkeypunch

Reaction score
I had a similar issue with my wife's Caravan, turned it off 10 minutes later would not start. Good voltage, electronics worked, would not jump start. It had the exact same Mopar H7 battery as my Ram. The battery was a little over 2 years old. Replaced the battery started right up.
Interesting.... hoping that's what mine is.

monkeypunch

Reaction score
I had the same problem last year. The floor mat somehow went over top of the accelerator pedal. I remember finally repositioned the mat and truck started right up.
Good luck
Was there any dash indication?

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Watching...

@monkeypunch: interested to find out what it was.

Not that it helps, but I've got a Noco GB70 battery pack and jumper cables in my truck because of all the weak battery issues I read about that left folks stranded.

New1500customram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm curious about this statement " I did read in the owners manual not to leave anything plungged in"
plugged in to what? the usb port? I did a word search in my manual and did not fine this. I leave my music plugged in since I picked up the truck in jan 2022, the port goes off in about 30 seconds.
I had one phone charger cord plugged into thr usb port and two phone charge cords plugged into the house plug located in the center console

monkeypunch

Reaction score
Update

Dealer says the PCM is bad.

Was supposed to drive it to FL tomorrow for vacation. So much for that. Part wont be in until next week. :mad:

monkeypunch

Reaction score
Another update. Not happy. At. All.

PCM was originally supposed to be in July 25th, then it was July 28th. Then it was August 3rd. Now on August 4th, it is August 17th. No loaners available. Supposedly 70 people in line in front of me. Won't give me a rental. $78K truck that is 4 months old.

@RamCares can you see wtf is going on with this part? This is insane.

• Angry
Reactions: c3k

ddssanchez

Reaction score
Well, not sure if i have the same issue but drove 2.5 hours to Lake Erie on Thursday did a little bit of driving back and fourth to dinner and mini golf. Went to start the truck today and hear a pop sound every time i would try to start the truck. Lucky someone was in the parking lot and gave me a jump. I did not shut it off until i got home. Put the battery charger on it and it was at 13.5 volts. I dont think this issue is over. I did read in the owners manual not yo leave anything plungged in. I did have a cell phone charger plugged in, but doubt that the issue.
I did see a message that popped up on my 12 inch screen that read power surge. Also have a check engine light come on.
Anyone else had this happen?
I was just about to start a new thread New1500. Ive had my truck for two years now and everything works fine till one day Im about to leave work and press the start button only to hear what I describe as a audible pop, no cranking, all electronics turn on fine, truck does not start. then the brake pedal is real firm. I tried a jump charge did not help, towed to Dodge they couldn't get to it till next day started right up. Several weeks later same thing except it happens in the morning. Sent it to dodge again and you guessed it starts right up. Drove it for a few days and put a multimeter on it to test it and battery appears fine. It has now left me stranded four times since September 2022. It has never not started while at the dealership. Any ideas, the battery was replaced last week and it did the same thing four days later.

ya3coub

Reaction score
Ran into Academy, and when I came out, my truck won't start. All the electronics come on, but when I hit the engine start button, literally nothing happens. Dash is saying battery is 12.4V. Any thoughts? Waiting on the wife with a jumper.
In my case it was the starter and just changed it under warranty my car is at 95,000 Now

Wild Bill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
"Dealer managed to put a door ding in the passenger side"

I do a walk around video of my truck when I drop it off at the dealer regardless of how long its going to be there. Seems silly but....

Learned that lesson a long time ago on a rental car. Company tried to charge me for rear fender damage when I returned it to them. I rented the car for 2 days. The damage was old as it was rusted. When I pointed that out they backed off trying to get me to pay for a fender.

Also had a windshield replaced on different vehicle. The replacement was done at my home. I was watching the repair tech when he started the job. The first thing he did was take pictures of the hood, fenders and pillars. When I questioned him he said customers try to scam their company all the time for what they claim is damage by the window company...
All very interesting stuff these days.............

Users who are viewing this thread