5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why V8 Hemi is going away, interesting find!

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Driving a Wagoneer or Grand Wagoneer L with either Hurricane engine is very impressive. Unfortunately the 3.0 longevity isn't proven yet.
Get your V8 Hemi in 2024, it will be your last chance.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Notice how it doesn't turn on the engine on video or even show the engine running and doesn't say anything about sound of the engine or exhaust LOL.

He talks about how the power is just there and how quick the turbos spool up, while it looks like he is already at highway speed on a turnpike or something LOL.

Poor guy is trying to hype up another turbo engine for people who want muscle.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hey I came across this video where they explain why stellantis is doing away with the hemi, here is the link, I found this very informative! Check it out

This one is much more believable.

6of36

Reaction score
This one is much more believable.

This guy is an idiot. First off, it has nothing to do with emissions. He keeps making a big deal of Stellantis being half European owned, while GM is half Chinese owned. The reason it is happening, is the other companies sell millions of fuel efficient cars to offset the V8s. Nobody buys Stellantis vehicles, unless they are Hemis. If they offered the Hurricane, and the Hemi, everybody would still buy the Hemi. The only solution to the CAFE fines, is to drop the Hemi.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
This guy is an idiot. First off, it has nothing to do with emissions. He keeps making a big deal of Stellantis being half European owned, while GM is half Chinese owned. The reason it is happening, is the other companies sell millions of fuel efficient cars to offset the V8s. Nobody buys Stellantis vehicles, unless they are Hemis. If they offered the Hurricane, and the Hemi, everybody would still buy the Hemi. The only solution to the CAFE fines, is to drop the Hemi.
you might want to do more research about knightmare

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I would never Get too excited over YouTube videos and anything our government tries to implement.

Look at the Durango Hell Cat...was only going to be sold one more time ...then, they spend time and money making it again.

They got the ev vehicles coming in force. Some already selling.

Just a few threads ago everyone was saying the hemi has been around to long. And you always see people saying the Ecoboost is a better towing machine.

The Hemi is going nowhere in the HD market. Especially with rising diesel issues and I really do not see this huge jump to Ford gasser everyone claimed would happen.

Ehh, I got 3 HEMIs...

The real issue with trucks is the damn things are at 80 to 90k...there are not that many people who can afford that...I believe most of the people who can, won't for much longer. Or wait,. Maybe that is a hope I have!

And, have you seen the amount of people who do buy the V6 Challenger and Charger...plus you can get awd.

The gas engine charger challenger isn't gone either. We are not ready for this.

I would love one of these small cars they keep saying we have to buy. I can not fit and they have zero use for me.

And, someone said RAM will die again...when Did that happen?

Dewey

Reaction score
So your basically agreeing that Stellantis is failing because they didn’t offer more fuel efficient vehicles to offset the V8’s even though GM and Ford were able to do that exact thing?

Then the solution was to create the Hornet that gets the same fuel economy as a Ran EcoDiesel.🙄

Bottom line is Stellantis failed to react accordingly and now will be failing even more due to loss of their core identity because of really bad decisions.

Not sure how you can disagree with anything he’s saying but heh it’s your opinion and I respect that.

IGotaBigHorn1

Reaction score
The ****ed up part is that most pollution from vehicles are not from emissions. The brake dust is two to three times as bad. So unless EV’s come up with a new way to stop then we are really not doing much. Especially when we have landfills loaded with several hundred pound battery arrangements.

wegasque

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So your basically agreeing that Stellantis is failing because they didn’t offer more fuel efficient vehicles to offset the V8’s even though GM and Ford were able to do that exact thing?

Then the solution was to create the Hornet that gets the same fuel economy as a Ran EcoDiesel.🙄

Bottom line is Stellantis failed to react accordingly and now will be failing even more due to loss of their core identity because of really bad decisions.

Not sure how you can disagree with anything he’s saying but heh it’s your opinion and I respect that.
I mostly agree, but I don't know if it's necessarily a loss of Stellantis' core identity. Being a new company formed in 2021, does Stellantis (as a parent company) even have a core identity? It is absolutely a loss of the CDJR brand core identity. For all I know, Stellantis, being a multi-national conglomerate based in Europe, doesn't give a crap about V-8s. They've even cancelled V-8's in future Maseratis after 2024. Stellantis sells 40% more vehicles in Europe than in the North America. At best, I'd say that Stellantis' actions are presently defining their core identity and the may well have to continue redefining it once their cash cows (Ram and Jeep) experience sales declines. There's no going back though. It costs too much to retool and they have EU bosses and gov'ts to report to.

6of36

Reaction score

I disagree, because he doesn't know what he is talking about. Emissions has absolutely nothing to do with it. It's strictly mileage. Yes they made a mistake not making more small cars, but that's not what sells for Stellantis. Everybody wants the Hemi. They dropped the small cars, because they didn't sell. The government is killing Stellantis, with the ridiculous 54 MPG requirement. You couldn't give me, or evidently the majority of people one of those cars. The government doesn't care what people want, they tell you what you can have.

Users who are viewing this thread